00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

1,037 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-01-27 08:31:30

Hello there! I noticed I have a lot more unfinished sketches than finished pieces, so figured I should get a place where I can post them and get some feedback so I can get better at this whole art thing.

Critiques and comments are always appreciated!

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-01-27 08:41:07

This is already kind of old, but I didn't really post it anywhere before. Really need to get better at foreshortening, it has plagued me since forever.

Character is Noire

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-01-27 09:01:08

Panty and Stocking! This one I never finished because I couldn't draw the hands for the life of me.

I also cut out the naughty bits because I don't really wanna turn this into a nsfw thread, if this kind of censor is not enough someone please let me know. The ''full'' thing is here .

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-01-27 09:19:35

Quick draft I did awhile ago, not very complex but the pose was kind of tough for me.

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-01-27 18:40:29

Daily doodlefart. Trying to draw more frequently.

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-01-29 01:37:45

I'd like to say you've improved, i still see a lot, perhaps too much focus on the faces, and other places and parts could use the same amount of effort and attention you give to those charming faces your characters possess.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-01-29 02:53:46

At 1/29/15 01:37 AM, Template88 wrote: I'd like to say you've improved, i still see a lot, perhaps too much focus on the faces, and other places and parts could use the same amount of effort and attention you give to those charming faces your characters possess.

Thanks Noire! I see what you mean with the faces, focusing on them every time I draw became a really comfortable habit, and not a healthy one. I feel like I need to learn to work more on the composition of my drawings before I start them, figure out what I'm going for so I can give all aspects of the drawing the effort they deserve.

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-01-30 17:21:38

At 1/29/15 06:13 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: I really like the way you draw noses.

Thanks man, Glad you like them!

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-02-13 17:53:37

Just a little something for this thread http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/986964/58

Heavyrain's character

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-02-22 02:10:28 (edited 2015-02-22 02:12:58)

WIP, too sleepy to work on it now, will try to finish it tomorrow.

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-07-28 19:32:24

Wow, I really let this thread sink, didn't I?
Well during the last few months I did some life drawing sessions which I didn't think were worth sharing, and I had a block for about a month (I have those more frequently than I'd like), but I have some stuff to share again!

Ok, so this is the first of a series of studies I am doing (and hope to keep doing) to help me understand values and learn how to work with brush pens traditionally, I'm referencing photographs. Aside from not really knowing what the hell I was doing with this one, I made the mistake of picking a photo that didn't really have good contrast in it, which I tried not to repeat with the next ones.

Also, what are hands?

I kinda get some of the things that are wrong with this one, but critiques are still highly appreciated.

Bigger resolution at my tumblr (not sure if I can post these to newgrounds as they are only studies).

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-07-28 19:36:12

This is the second one I did, I felt like I got the values too light in the first one, and I ended up going too dark on this one in places where I really shouldn't. I also messed up the eye placement on her face... oh, well

Criticism is appreciated!

Bigger .

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-07-28 19:40:14

Third one. I feel like I did a better job at not going too dark or too light, but it still feels really weird to me. Sorry for the crappy pic I took, my camera isn't the best, and my scanner is worse.

Bigger

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-07-28 19:45:44

4th study. Might start doing these on whiter paper to get more contrast on the parts I don't paint.

Bigger

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-07-28 19:52:31

5th and last one I did so far. I'm having a lot of problems establishing contrast between the elements in the picture, everything kinda blends together.

Bigger

I don't know if I should put this one on the art portal or not, it's a study, so should it be marked as sketch?

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-07-28 19:59:49

Sketch for the next study, these usually turn out really bad but I actually like this one a bit so I just want to save it before I paint over it.

Bigger

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-08-03 14:01:28 (edited 2015-08-03 14:04:10)

I have messed up the hair in this one, but still had lots of fun doing it!

Bigger

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-08-03 15:40:44

Also, a 2 min quickpose I did yersterday, which for some reason i particularly enjoyed.

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-08-06 13:50:07

Another drawing from ref, will shade it as well as soon as I get some new brush pens (my ran dry).
Still had some trouble with the head, I find it hard to get some level of realism only using lines.

Bigger

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-08-18 10:49:28

2 Sketches I did for a friend of mine

Bigger

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-08-18 10:50:06

And the second one

Bigger

Estroncio's Doodlefarts

Response to Estroncio's Doodlefarts 2015-08-20 19:09:56

Drawing from a life drawing session i did today, i have this one in a better resolution and another one at my tumblr, so check that out if you feel like it. http://senhor-estroncio.tumblr.com/post/127190440166/15-min-life-drawings-had-a-lot-of-fun-doing

As always, criticism is highly appreciated!

Estroncio's Doodlefarts