00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED!

2,508 Views | 34 Replies

I fixed the copyright problem with the game and demand to speak to the mod, but he hasn't shown himself yet.

Link: http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/824699/preview

That's my link at the top. It is my game that was unpublished. I'm hoping the mod re-publishes my work.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-23 23:10:58

At 1/23/15 10:53 PM, Master-Awesome wrote: I fixed the copyright problem with the game and demand to speak to the mod, but he hasn't shown himself yet.

Being a dick here aren't we? If you are going to act like this when you are at fault for the problem in the first place with not reading rules on submissions, then you come into a forum and whine about it trying to call out someone for doing their job, then fuck you. I would personally refuse to do anything to it if this is how you are treating the community.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-23 23:31:55

First of all, the game doesn't work only on IE.

Second of all, your game is not worth posting here on NG at all. Copyright or no copyright.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-23 23:37:30

At 1/23/15 11:10 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 1/23/15 10:53 PM, Master-Awesome wrote: I fixed the copyright problem with the game and demand to speak to the mod, but he hasn't shown himself yet.
Being a dick here aren't we? If you are going to act like this when you are at fault for the problem in the first place with not reading rules on submissions, then you come into a forum and whine about it trying to call out someone for doing their job, then fuck you. I would personally refuse to do anything to it if this is how you are treating the community.

I suppose I was a little harsh here, but seriously if you fuck something up and don't read rules, don't "demand" things from anyone, it is your fault it happened you have no right to demand a single thing. Also the term "hasn't showed himself yet" is already sexist, and secondly makes it sound as if the moderator is doing this in secret and hiding from it. They can remove content with a push of a button you should be glad to at least be given the reason for being removed.

Seriously work on your attitude, also work on your flash and ability to read rules, all things to take in.

BBS Signature

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-23 23:40:50

A game that only works on Internet Explorer. I won't even think of how horrible that is.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 02:22:03

You requested a mod to "show himself"? How exactly did you do that? Replying to M-Bot does nothing.

However, I'm here. I removed your game. Your game was removed for violating the Rules of Submission. You can't use Mario sprites and such in your games. Nintendo's lawyers contacted Newgrounds a while ago and forced us to remove tons of stuff because Nintendo hadn't authorized the use of their characters and they were throwing a poop fit. Therefore, we can't allow their use anymore. It's in the rules. It's the second to last item here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/game-and-movie-guidelines

THAT'S why your game was removed.

And yes, your attitude needs improving, bro. You broke the rules and got snapped for it. Big deal. Pull your pants up, redo your game with your own characters and backgrounds and resubmit it. It's not that big of a deal. This one, however, will not be republished.

@Ragnarokia is correct.

brofist :3

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 02:33:37

At 1/24/15 02:22 AM, Exedor wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/game-and-movie-guidelines

Huh didn't know about the angry birds one as well, haven't needed to check those in a while. Good to know still.

@Ragnarokia is correct.

(\

BBS Signature

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 10:29:00

I just wanted to know who removed it. I know it is my fault, but I feel if moderator removes something, he/she must notify you after removing it so you could go back to him/her to get the problem fixed.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 10:30:16

At 1/23/15 11:31 PM, Makakaov wrote: First of all, the game doesn't work only on IE.

Second of all, your game is not worth posting here on NG at all. Copyright or no copyright.

Well, at least it works IE or not. I would appreciate that much. Anyway moving on.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 10:38:10

At 1/23/15 11:37 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
I suppose I was a little harsh here, but seriously if you fuck something up and don't read rules, don't "demand" things from anyone, it is your fault it happened you have no right to demand a single thing. Also the term "hasn't showed himself yet" is already sexist, and secondly makes it sound as if the moderator is doing this in secret and hiding from it. They can remove content with a push of a button you should be glad to at least be given the reason for being removed.

The moderator was hiding himself from me. He first of all removed my content and then, never speaks that he did it. How can I go back to the moderator and tell him I fixed a mistake if he/she doesn't tell me he did it. It's that kind of problem that bugged me. Since I couldn't find him, I thought making a forum would call him to me.

Seriously work on your attitude, also work on your flash and ability to read rules, all things to take in.

Well I had to behave in a certain way. If I mince my words, I don't think I'd be taken seriously by the remover. All things considered, I should have read the rules. I just thought since there are other Mario spirited games that mine would get accepted.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 10:38:46

At 1/23/15 11:40 PM, poopmcfarts wrote: A game that only works on Internet Explorer. I won't even think of how horrible that is.

Hey it was the best I could do.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 11:04:04

At 1/24/15 02:22 AM, Exedor wrote: You requested a mod to "show himself"? How exactly did you do that? Replying to M-Bot does nothing.

I wanted to know who did it so I could let him know if I fixed the game or not.

However, I'm here. I removed your game. Your game was removed for violating the Rules of Submission. You can't use Mario sprites and such in your games. Nintendo's lawyers contacted Newgrounds a while ago and forced us to remove tons of stuff because Nintendo hadn't authorized the use of their characters and they were throwing a poop fit. Therefore, we can't allow their use anymore. It's in the rules. It's the second to last item here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/game-and-movie-guidelines

And yes, your attitude needs improving, bro. You broke the rules and got snapped for it. Big deal. Pull your pants up, redo your game with your own characters and backgrounds and resubmit it. It's not that big of a deal. This one, however, will not be republished.

@Ragnarokia is correct.

My attitude was just an act to be taken more seriously. I wanted to know who was responsible so I could report back if I fixed my mistake. If you had just told me this from the very beginning, I'd not be making this blog in the first place.

Also, I had no idea you were a moderator. When did that happen?

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 11:05:56

At 1/24/15 10:31 AM, Hoodie wrote: Luigi versus dark luigi amirite

Oh yeah, that would be much cooler. I just made it Mario Vs. Dark Mario because most people seem to like that one. Personally, I'm a huge Luigi fan.

LUIGI ROCKS!

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 11:10:30

At 1/24/15 10:42 AM, NippleManOfMilk wrote: I agree that you seem like a self entitled asshole, but at the same time, I feel it's normal for people to act like they're entitled to the world and are the greatest thing since sliced bread. So fuck you, you dipshit with an over inflated sense of self worth but don't let losers like Trixie tell you to "work on your attitude". You're scum and keep being awesome!

I don't understand how I feel entitled to the world, but logically if you made something and somebody removed it, wouldn't you want to know who removed it so you could report back that you've fixed the mistake. When the mod removed it, I had to go to the wiki to see the rules, but I still wanted to know who the mod is to let him know and he didn't show himself until I made this forum post.

Also, your movie sounds like trash.

Well you don't know what the movie is about and I haven't yet started the production so you can't say it is trash till it starts happening. When you say it then, I'll ask how I could improve on it so it's more interesting.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 11:12:28

At 1/24/15 11:09 AM, Monster-64 wrote:
At 1/24/15 02:22 AM, Exedor wrote:
Wait, so, that explains why Super Mario Rampage was removed? Damnit, I loved that game.

Nintendo filed a complaint for this so really they are the ones responsible. Yeah it kind of sucks. Oh well!

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 19:18:09

At 1/24/15 02:22 AM, Exedor wrote: However, I'm here. I removed your game. Your game was removed for violating the Rules of Submission. You can't use Mario sprites and such in your games. Nintendo's lawyers contacted Newgrounds a while ago and forced us to remove tons of stuff because Nintendo hadn't authorized the use of their characters and they were throwing a poop fit. Therefore, we can't allow their use anymore. It's in the rules. It's the second to last item here:

It's bullshit when companies do shit like this. Like when Square shut down several Chrono Trigger related projects. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't go after the ROM hack community.

BBS Signature

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 19:43:54

At 1/24/15 07:18 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote:
At 1/24/15 02:22 AM, Exedor wrote: However, I'm here. I removed your game. Your game was removed for violating the Rules of Submission. You can't use Mario sprites and such in your games. Nintendo's lawyers contacted Newgrounds a while ago and forced us to remove tons of stuff because Nintendo hadn't authorized the use of their characters and they were throwing a poop fit. Therefore, we can't allow their use anymore. It's in the rules. It's the second to last item here:

It's bullshit when companies do shit like this. Like when Square shut down several Chrono Trigger related projects. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't go after the ROM hack community.

AGREED! MY FIRST REACTION WAS "WTF" WHEN THEY DID THAT!

I agree that whether or not these characters came from other sources or were made by the person themselves, a project shouldn't be shut down especially since the person worked their ass off programming the movements.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-24 20:19:08

this, you have to be passive-aggressive with anything on this site. THAN you'll get any attention, make sure everything you make is a parody of a video game too (usually nintendo or minecraft because creepers are funny)

filler text

this, you have to be passive-aggressive with anything on this site. THAN you'll get any attention, make sure everything you make is a parody of a video game too (usually nintendo or minecraft because creepers are funny)

I have to be honest with you. What he said was very hurtful. About me being a dick because I wanted to know who the moderator is and the mod never even left me a PM so I could notify him for mistakes. He kind just ignored me and left me clueless and then I look at the wiki and find out why.

The mod shows himself now after I've been insulted by so many people and tells me they were right to do this because I have a problem dealing with my content being removed. Really, I did want to see the mod and didn't deserve to be hurt like this. I just can't show emotions in these forum posts because I have to be professional in my replies.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-27 21:44:32

At 1/23/15 11:40 PM, poopmcfarts wrote: A game that only works on Internet Explorer. I won't even think of how horrible that is.

I fixed that problem: http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/824699/preview

Enjoy!

P.S. I should have put loading as my load screen, not a picture, but oh well!

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-27 21:45:59

At 1/23/15 11:31 PM, Makakaov wrote: First of all, the game doesn't work only on IE.

That's why I just fixed it: http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/824699/preview

Spent long hours finding the bug, but I found it and removed. I put a picture of Mario and Bowser as a load screen.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 00:05:08

At 1/27/15 09:44 PM, Master-Awesome wrote:
I fixed that problem: http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/824699/preview

Enjoy!

P.S. I should have put loading as my load screen, not a picture, but oh well!

That picture seems to be fanmade, did you at least have permission from the creator to use it?

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 01:01:17

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 03:58:01

Using anything that you did not make, collaborate with another artist on or obtain permission to use is not ok.
Using any content that has copyright on it (in this case Mario which is owned by Nintendo) is not ok.
A game that only works on a single browser is not accessible to everyone and nobody will download another browser to play it even if it's good.
Mods don't have to inform you that you violated submission guidelines or that your submission was removed, it's up to you to know what not to do beforehand.
You don't talk to the mod who removed it, just make the improvements and resubmit.

Welcome to Newgrounds Forums: It's a ravenous shark tank and we'll eat you alive.

@Ragnarokia may have been a bit harsh with his first reply but he isn't wrong.
@The-Great-One posted a link to some very helpful information in case you missed it.

I really wish there was a way to make new users read the rules.

MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED!

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 09:25:49

I ain't trying to jump in the bandwagon but your game looks like something crafted in game maker within 5 minutes

BBS Signature

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 10:24:02

A game that only works on a single browser is not accessible to everyone and nobody will download another browser to play it even if it's good.

That problem is fixed. Go ahead and enjoy yourself.

You don't talk to the mod who removed it, just make the improvements and resubmit.

Fine, but I could at least talk to the owners if I feel there was an error.

Welcome to Newgrounds Forums: It's a ravenous shark tank and we'll eat you alive.

@Ragnarokia may have been a bit harsh with his first reply but he isn't wrong.
@The-Great-One posted a link to some very helpful information in case you missed it.

I really wish there was a way to make new users read the rules.

I actually am not new to this website at all. I have been here longer than 2013, but my old account got removed. Nice picture!! Actually any forum in any website is a sharktank. I'm over those comments I got earlier.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 11:23:13

That picture seems to be fanmade, did you at least have permission from the creator to use it?

I'm getting it fixed, but meanwhile sit back and relax.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 11:24:39

At 1/28/15 09:25 AM, Teddiikun wrote: I ain't trying to jump in the bandwagon but your game looks like something crafted in game maker within 5 minutes

I can tell you right now that this took longer than 5 minutes. Don't want to be exact, but trust me. The time was painful!

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 11:33:31

At 1/28/15 10:22 AM, Voltage wrote:
At 1/28/15 09:38 AM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: When I first read this, I was taken aback. I thought, "How many fricking Mario parodies do we have? Mario Reloaded, Mario Bros Z, and on and on." But then I saw that this rule only extends to games instead of animations which I found to be a bit arbitrary. What's nintendo's reasoning for that?
Because it's a parody work and there's no real way for the artist to make money off the parody work and/or market a similar product. It's a lot like apples and oranges here. You made something LIKE an apple but sell it as "an apple?" That guy gets mad. You made something like an apple but market it as an "orange?" He's not mad. Actually, he's probably laughing at the fact you're selling what would be an apple as an orange.

I never made any games with sprites like in my animations for that reason - I don't want to put in a bunch of work just to have the damn thing deleted. Best to NOT make a game out of it because then someone will blow steam up your ass because they think you'll sell it.

Chrono Trigger is a touch subject to the point they cry when someone makes a free "sequel" to the game

and @Master-Awesome that game is so terrible. Since I can't review it on an actual Flash page and since you apparently want to jump into this Columbian reviewer's chamber like a virgin thief, here we go:

1 Star out of 5 Stars
First of all, this game's up button seems broken in that I've clicked in the game and I still scroll up when I try to move up. "Dark Mario" also has the most predictable pattern ever, doesn't seem to fire at Mario, and in general is a lazy production. There's nothing here that makes it an enjoyable play or anything particularly new - you just have variables that control Mario to go up, left, right, or down. Let's be frank - at this stage, ANYONE can make that.

But you have no build-up, no story, and the gameplay really is bland. You could switch everything to be themed to primitive shapes and the game would be infinitely more interesting. Better luck next time.

Oh, and stop posting to general, Master-Awesome. Mods rule is final and there's legal issues with your game. It could also kind of be that it's not epic in the slightest, and that right there is 50% the reason it wouldn't make it through the Portal.

It sounds to me like you just played the first few levels and decided like that, but on Level 5, there actually is shooting. Same with Level 6-9. And what would you know about lazy. You didn't make the game and this was by far the very best I could do.

I'll try to do much better next time and consider your review, but when I have more of a team and time. Just because for you this might be super easy, doesn't mean for me it was. I found it very complicated and this is my achievement.

Though, ignoring those points, you do have a point about the other stuff.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 11:36:41

I can tell you right now that this took longer than 5 minutes. Don't want to be exact, but trust me. The time was painful!
how on earth can you game take more than 5 minutes? I could make an interactive menu more interesting than that in 5 minutes and I hardly program actionscript.

Your more intelligent than me than. This is just the best I could pull off.