00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED!

2,507 Views | 34 Replies

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 12:50:44

Master-Awesome, do you think people just hire mods because they think it's fun and they have no purpose? They did the job -for- the owners, because if they didn't, this site would get more lawsuits filed against it than South Park dissing John Travolta for winning Raspberry awards.

Voltage, I get that and all I'm saying is mods need to at least address that he/she did it because it is only manners. Leaving the NG bosses to figure it out isn't right.

I actually am not new to this website at all. I have been here longer than 2013, but my old account got removed.
Filthy lies.

Is it really? How would you know? My original account was made back in 2011. I asked Tom to remove it because I found a hacker who was leaving messages on my PM page that I didn't write. To clear out any problems I could have now and in future, I notified Tom and my account was gone.

I used to be mostly a reviewer and movie publisher.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 13:26:59

At 1/28/15 11:42 AM, Voltage wrote:
At 1/28/15 11:33 AM, Master-Awesome wrote: It sounds to me like you just played the first few levels and decided like that, but on Level 5, there actually is shooting. Same with Level 6-9.
Look dude, I got to Level 2, and that was the level where I was already saying "Same old shit." Imagine if in Call of Duty, you had to kill 50 guys for the tutorial stage and you used the same gun. That would be boring and lame as hell. But this isn't the point, let's readdress - you can't just make a game with the characters you used (unfortunately).

That's why I'm fixing the characters.

And what would you know about lazy. You didn't make the game and this was by far the very best I could do.
What don't I know about lazy - I earned a daily 4th after making animations for NG for literally 11 years. It took me well over 3650 days just to earn an award, and I know lazy when I see it.

Show off!

Your product (as proud of it as you may be) is boring, typical, and (sadly) lazy.

Well I'm not that smart to pull off daily fourth and I will remain proud of my work (even if your not).

If you don't like the harshness of my "review," maybe try submitting something original where you actually drew up the graphics - unless that's too difficult, in which case, you should rethink your career as a game programmer.

Man I already told you in different sentences that that is being taken care off.

I'll try to do much better next time and consider your review, but when I have more of a team and time. Just because for you this might be super easy, doesn't mean for me it was. I found it very complicated and this is my achievement.
This is my first game ever made which doesn't even -have- a Project page because I am not going to release it on NG due to the quality, but everything in this game was drawn and programmed by me. Go ahead and steal + replicate the ideas from it, it's pretty much the game you presented to us except much faster (and probably took the same amount of time to produce).

This took me a long time period for me.

Don't be an asshole, bro.

Me being an asshole. I said that I consider your points. I don't know why I said, "Ignoring those points," but I guess I meant ignoring everything else not associated with the game, but I forgot to say that. Still, you can do a lot better than me and dedicate so many days for an award, but you can't stand it when somebody works hard programming, but not enough time on art.

I'm not a good drawer and I didn't expect this policy to appear because last time I checked, it was allowed. But showing off that your a super hardworking fellow willing to dedicate all that time and effort and indirectly saying I'm a loser for not being as good as you is kind of harsh (if I hadn't faced these issues before).

One thing anybody can't stand is a smart person, but they find it worst when the person shoves it in the face that they are better than you. I've had issues where I've been insulted for dumbness and another where I'm smart.

Usually, I don't ever tell any person who has a lower Mark than me that he/she is bad for not doing better. Whether or not the person does improve, I know he/she would hate me for the rest of his/her life. We are all limited to a certain point and even if I have potential to do better, I feel satisfied with my work.

If I decide to push harder, it would have to be because I want to. Not because an outsider told me so (or even a friend). So my game isn't perfect to you. Everybody has their own opinions and you shouldn't be disgusted if I don't agree to change this game right now.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 14:20:53

At 1/28/15 01:36 PM, Voltage wrote:
At 1/28/15 01:26 PM, Master-Awesome wrote: If I decide to push harder, it would have to be because I want to. Not because an outsider told me so (or even a friend). So my game isn't perfect to you. Everybody has their own opinions and you shouldn't be disgusted if I don't agree to change this game right now.
You still miss the point here -- the game was removed for what it was and someone is being honest to you about why the game isn't very good. You displaying the game through your pages here on NG is not even allowed. And you know what? If you won't accept the criticism either, you can't accept the rules nor what you must improve on. And YouTube doesn't mind that kind of shit, but we kind of do because we want to see you improve your skills; not cry "booooo!" when someone doesn't like your product. That's just life.

I didn't say I'm crying. Actually this whole time I've display my emotions on these icons. This is actually how I've been looking when I write my replies. Its not that I'm not going to consider what your saying, but I'm saying for other people in world, they might not be able to take it if you shove it in their face that your better than them.

I used to have a really nasty math teacher that would keep telling me when I write my test or work that I'm too slow. Even to the other students. Nobody did so well and got 0-20. Very rarely were there 70s or 50s.

The teacher was very intelligent, but lousy at teaching. She said a lot of harsh things and sometimes they weren't even justified. Like when I handed in work during Mid-Class and she told me to hand it in the next day with 10% reduction (made no sense to me).

Many people gave up and stop working hard because she tossed incredibly difficult and long tests/homework/quizzes. I still overcame the odds and did well, so I'm not going to stop improving when some stranger tells me my work isn't good enough.

I'm just saying for future reference that watch what you say to others as they will never be as understanding as me. They will ignore you, throw nasty tantrums, or just pretend your comment was unnoticed. If I came up and said to anybody any how that their work is shit and you suck because I got daily fourth and you didn't, that person would probably not like me.

I even used the term "indirectly" meaning that you didn't mean to say it, but you kind of implied it. And I have never been that harsh towards people. I always try not to say hurtful things indirectly, but at one point, I was really stressed and there was this friend who was in grade 7 who bugged me about playing video games with him.

I told him that I couldn't because I have a lot of homework. I had no idea that I said something mean to him, but after a while he stop talking to me and I tried to understand what I did wrong. Finally, I talked with somebody about it and that person told me that that guy might have been upset that you mentioned having more homework implying that your doing harder courses and your smarter.

Later on I apologized to him and it turned out that that person was right because shortly after that, he started talking to me again and I felt good when it was fixed. Its just a lesson in life that watch what you say as what you may mean is not how the other person takes it.

The whole time this conversation has gone on, I've mostly been having smiles and think faces. What I display on top on my emotion bar is how my status in real life is. If I show a sad face then, that's when I'm crying "boo-hoo".

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 16:23:29

At 1/24/15 10:29 AM, Master-Awesome wrote:
I just wanted to know who removed it. I know it is my fault, but I feel if moderator removes something, he/she must notify you after removing it so you could go back to him/her to get the problem fixed.

I actually feel that that is reasonable.

Response to MARIO VS. DARK MARIO GAME REMOVED! 2015-01-28 16:27:23

I actually feel that that is reasonable.

Yup, because NG bosses have a lot to deal with.