00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Audioportal Podcast

3,279 Views | 54 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 15:36:32

First of all this is just an idea. A rough draft if you will. But before i go into more details let me introduce myself.

My Name Youri Jourdain and i am a NG audioportal contributer. I don't see myself as a musician, producer or even a DJ. I just like making and listening to music. I remembered when i first came here and had a hard time getting noticed. It took me some years and improving my skills to get some decent following to the point that one of my songs reaching 32.000 listens. To some musicians here this is just a common number, to me a big a accomplishment.

So why am I telling you all this? Well, i want to get your music heard by more people by starting small. For this podcast to work it needs an active community of musicians. A podcast by and for the Audioportal people.

So how will the structure be of this podacast? Here is a list.

1. Intro will be me welcoming the audience introducing myself and so on.

2 .I will be playing a playlist of some tracks I receive from you guys here in the forums.

3. Then there will be a section where I review a musicians discography. The music that he/she made and uploaded on there NG accounts. I will play there most popular songs from there accounts.

4. Then I will talk about a subject music related. For example I could be talking about how to write music or the creative process behind it. Also read viewers questions. Or I could just ramble a random topic. Or even announce contests and such.

This podcast could be a platform where we listen to each others music and helping each other to improve! Maybe even getting a animator to animate a part of the podcast and upload it also here on newgrounds or Youtube.

So what do you guys think? Is it a good idea or a lost cause? Tell me what you guys think and if I should start doing it. I already have a website. Right now its just being used as a portfolio (I am a webdeveloper). But I got a job now so I can use my site for something else now. So let your voices be heard!

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 15:45:38

I quite like the idea. If it means getting fresh faces into the spotlight each time, that'll be nice.
You could even use the podcast for the random interview: have @The-Great-One or even @Asandir come help. If it's allowed and if it can be done, I think it'll be nice to hear.

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 15:51:02

This a great idea in fact, it could be made into a weekly postcast.

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 16:21:10

At 1/18/15 03:45 PM, Troisnyx wrote: I quite like the idea. If it means getting fresh faces into the spotlight each time, that'll be nice.
You could even use the podcast for the random interview: have @The-Great-One or even @Asandir come help. If it's allowed and if it can be done, I think it'll be nice to hear.

Hey! That is actually also a good idea to interview the musicians here on newgrounds. Giving them more or less a face.

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 16:24:22 (edited 2015-01-18 16:25:02)

At 1/18/15 03:51 PM, NyxTheShield wrote: This a great idea in fact, it could be made into a weekly postcast.

Yes! I will make it a weekly thing. This friday i will go get some good microphones. I want to start monday. So anyone reading this, want there music on my podcast just post them here!

NOTE! Please dont be spammy. Just post one song you think defines you and is your best.

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 16:32:53

At 1/18/15 04:24 PM, YouriX wrote:
At 1/18/15 03:51 PM, NyxTheShield wrote: This a great idea in fact, it could be made into a weekly postcast.
Yes! I will make it a weekly thing. This friday i will go get some good microphones. I want to start monday. So anyone reading this, want there music on my podcast just post them here!

NOTE! Please dont be spammy. Just post one song you think defines you and is your best.

heh, this one defines me

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 17:23:23

I'm doing something similar to this but just with the dnb genre. Burnt about 60 mins worth so far ready for a live dj mix on my CDJ's. Let me know if you want a hand or anything man! And im looking forward to this :)

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 17:41:49

@TomFulp

I like this idea a lot. I would be more than happy to help. If you want to PM me, I can discuss ideas with you. Also yes I believe something like this could be allowed. However it would probably be best if you bring this by Tom first. Just make sure legality issues are under control. I don't think there should be a problem.

Also we have categories for Spoken Word and Informational so I see nothing wrong.

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 17:46:06

At 1/18/15 03:36 PM, YouriX wrote: So why am I telling you all this? Well, i want to get your music heard by more people by starting small. For this podcast to work it needs an active community of musicians. A podcast by and for the Audioportal people.

I think this would be awesome if the musicians were onboard in each episode. It would be especially awesome if we got our Podcast category going in the Audio Portal.

We've been talking about running video-ads in front of long-form audio content, so Podcasts could have video ads and get decent CPMs for everyone involved. You could even use the rev-split system to share revenue with featured artists, or if artists are cool with it, use it to fund the ongoing production of the podcast since the money probably wouldn't add up to much if it gets split all over the place, while it COULD help keep the podcast going on a consistent basis.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 18:05:46

This is a great idea. It would actually be pretty interesting to have a weekly interview with a musician from NG.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 18:14:31

At 1/18/15 05:46 PM, TomFulp wrote: We've been talking about running video-ads in front of long-form audio content, so Podcasts could have video ads and get decent CPMs for everyone involved. You could even use the rev-split system to share revenue with featured artists, or if artists are cool with it, use it to fund the ongoing production of the podcast since the money probably wouldn't add up to much if it gets split all over the place, while it COULD help keep the podcast going on a consistent basis.

I dont mind not earning alot with my podcast due to rev-split. I knew when i began that i wont be making alot of bank. If it means that i earn 5 bucks per episode, i would be freaking happy. Plus it could work as a motivator. Muscians earning something for there music is a good plus.

But a podcast category would really help! Uploading to newgrounds instead on my own server would make things more easy for me. All i have to do is embed the episode on my website. I will sleep on this one and tommorow start building a website.

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 18:16:01

At 1/18/15 05:00 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Do you specify genre?

No, all genre's are welcome! I could however decide to have a episode for only one genre. I'll see how it goes.

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 18:17:49

At 1/18/15 05:23 PM, Chozz wrote: I'm doing something similar to this but just with the dnb genre. Burnt about 60 mins worth so far ready for a live dj mix on my CDJ's. Let me know if you want a hand or anything man! And im looking forward to this :)

Yes! You could help me with the mixing of the songs. Im no DJ so having a real DJ doing the mixing would really help! I will keep in touch. ;)

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 18:25:38

At 1/18/15 06:16 PM, YouriX wrote:
all genre's are welcome!

Well then.

Here's how this thing sounds like.

Very audacious of you to create a podcast, so I commend you on that.

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 19:40:16

I'd gladly put my songs in for World / Easy Listening, but I ain't gonna advertise here.

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-18 20:22:33

yeah this is a good idea! maybe do interviews over skype or whatever. get some people to do sound bites for it (e.g. "hi i'm da real paragonx9 and you're listening to the ng audio portal podcast m8"). might be a real blast if you're serious about it @YouriX

p.s. i am gay

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-19 02:25:36

At 1/18/15 04:21 PM, YouriX wrote:

Hey! That is actually also a good idea to interview the musicians here on newgrounds. Giving them more or less a face.

Literall time xD

NG Audioportal Podcast

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-19 02:54:10

At 1/18/15 08:22 PM, midimachine wrote: yeah this is a good idea! maybe do interviews over skype or whatever. get some people to do sound bites for it (e.g. "hi i'm da real paragonx9 and you're listening to the ng audio portal podcast m8"). might be a real blast if you're serious about it @YouriX

Have as many regulars as possible (especially popular regs) do sound bites, I think. Not sure how easy to reach ParagonX9 is. Waterflame, TheWeebl, MaestroRage, Evil-Dog and a host of others, on the other hand...

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-19 06:01:10 (edited 2015-01-19 06:03:43)

I love the sound of it! In addition There are a few podcasts that get interviews and they work very well too. It would be great to hear newgrounds and some of their thought processes. I'd be very interested to hear a discussion like the Hollywood Reporter Rountables.

Get 2 or three musicians/composers/etc on and have them discuss it. With a single host with prepped questions. I know I would be completely up for hearing a massive bunch of people talk about their production process, and how they work.

Fantastic idea YouriX! Would love to hear you podcast the audio community here!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-19 12:55:50

Well! That settles it. I will start the first episode monday. This friday i wil get some recording equipment. :D

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-21 15:36:27

Just out of curiosity mates, is the Podcast category already up? If so, how do I access it?

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-22 00:36:07

Really cool idea. Can't wait to see if something major comes out of it. Good luck making it work smoothly!

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-22 08:15:22

At 1/21/15 03:36 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Just out of curiosity mates, is the Podcast category already up? If so, how do I access it?

This is new to me as to you. For now i will upload it to the misc. category and tag it with podcast.

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-22 13:17:07

Lets get this show on the road.

Starting to mix some of the tunes now :)

NG Audioportal Podcast

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-22 17:34:28

At 1/22/15 01:17 PM, Chozz wrote: Lets get this show on the road.

Starting to mix some of the tunes now :)

Ooooh yeah!!

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-22 17:58:35

This is a really cool idea, a very good measure to create a closer NG community! This track is definitely one of my more ambitious ones, but I think it is the piece that best define me.

My compositional style focus a lot on minimalism, ambiance and spacial textures, which I think are all well represented in Ascent. I hope you find room for it in your podcast, maybe in an episode on cinematic/incidental music :)

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-22 18:55:03

At 1/22/15 05:34 PM, YouriX wrote:
Ooooh yeah!!

I'm literally one of them bedroom dj's xD

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-23 13:57:37

At 1/22/15 06:55 PM, Chozz wrote:
At 1/22/15 05:34 PM, YouriX wrote:
Ooooh yeah!!
I'm literally one of them bedroom dj's xD

Hahaha! Looks like it!

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-23 15:02:45

This is a cool idea. We could stream live via the radio system too. Either way, I recommend the software Mixxx which runs on all platforms and seems great for this sort of thing (also will stream live if you set that up).

Response to NG Audioportal Podcast 2015-01-23 19:12:08

At 1/23/15 03:02 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: This is a cool idea. We could stream live via the radio system too. Either way, I recommend the software Mixxx which runs on all platforms and seems great for this sort of thing (also will stream live if you set that up).

Been looking for a way to stream live for a while! Cheers for that.