00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TecNoir just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

on the topic of Horror

510 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

on the topic of Horror 2015-01-17 21:40:03

I feel that Ghost Castle will be sort of like my official debut. I am trying to capture something similar (but more scary of course) to silent hill.

Response to on the topic of Horror 2015-01-17 21:40:44

At 1/17/15 09:40 PM, beakerboy wrote: I feel that Ghost Castle will be sort of like my official debut. I am trying to capture something similar (but more scary of course) to silent hill.

also, this one is getting published. for MONEY XD because my teacher said it has to be as part of the assignment

Response to on the topic of Horror 2015-01-29 20:55:22

At 1/17/15 09:40 PM, beakerboy wrote:
At 1/17/15 09:40 PM, beakerboy wrote: I feel that Ghost Castle will be sort of like my official debut. I am trying to capture something similar (but more scary of course) to silent hill.
also, this one is getting published. for MONEY XD because my teacher said it has to be as part of the assignment

Well that's good, but is it original?
Also Jeff the Killer is a poor creepypasta I think

A strong emphasis on underlining.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to on the topic of Horror 2015-01-30 05:37:24

Silent Hill was a psychological thriller. Where the events happening to the main character are subtle because the player is supposed to be shocked. This is done through the atmosphere, music, and imagery. To capture that sort of style in a novel would be no easy task.

Response to on the topic of Horror 2015-02-02 05:47:10

At 1/29/15 08:55 PM, Gergaloth wrote:
At 1/17/15 09:40 PM, beakerboy wrote:
Well that's good, but is it original?
Also Jeff the Killer is a poor creepypasta I think

yes. you can read Vampire Kitty here and here

those 2 works are not purely of the horror genre per say but it gives you an idea of what kind of dark atmosphere I work with.

Response to on the topic of Horror 2015-02-02 05:50:24

At 1/30/15 05:37 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Silent Hill was a psychological thriller. Where the events happening to the main character are subtle because the player is supposed to be shocked. This is done through the atmosphere, music, and imagery. To capture that sort of style in a novel would be no easy task.

I think I can handle it. I'm capable of terrifying myself with my creations and thats saying something.