00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VolublePally just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Most pretentious song

805 Views | 21 Replies

Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 17:39:23

Lately that dumb catchy "All About that Bass" song kinda feels like this. I mean to me it just feels like they're saying "Hey look at us we're fat and we dont give a shit! All skinny people are assholes!" I mean sheesh I dont mind a little bit of chubs but there's no need to make a song about how you're all instantly better than us. I dunno maybe I'm overreacting.

Also is it just me or am I using the word pretentious a lot.....Well at least I kinda know what it means

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 17:42:20

No, it's a song developed by hollywood to take advantage of fat people's low self-esteem. Don't blame fat people. Blame the producers taking advantage of them.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 17:46:09

At 1/12/15 05:39 PM, Wegra wrote: Lately that dumb catchy "All About that Bass" song kinda feels like this. I mean to me it just feels like they're saying "Hey look at us we're fat and we dont give a shit! All skinny people are assholes!" I mean sheesh I dont mind a little bit of chubs but there's no need to make a song about how you're all instantly better than us. I dunno maybe I'm overreacting.

Also is it just me or am I using the word pretentious a lot.....Well at least I kinda know what it means

To be fair, they're just trying to bring us down to their level by berating our skinny bodies. They'll never be better. In fact, fuck anybody who ever thought fat was good in the first place.

YOU HEAR ME MCDONALD'S? FUCK YOOOOOUU!

DON'T PHUCK WITH THE PHARAOHMAN

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 17:55:36

Any of that mainstream emotive hardcore shit that used to be popular always seemed pretentious to me.

"Ohh, I'm so full of angst, and I'm so artsy! Look at me!" Blah. Fuck off.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 18:00:44

At 1/12/15 05:55 PM, Seasons wrote: Any of that mainstream emotive hardcore shit that used to be popular always seemed pretentious to me.

I would like to counter this point with "every Radiohead song that isn't creep" They're an easy target but that's not my fault.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 18:02:24

At 1/12/15 06:00 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 1/12/15 05:55 PM, Seasons wrote: Any of that mainstream emotive hardcore shit that used to be popular always seemed pretentious to me.

I would like to counter this point with "every Radiohead song that isn't creep" They're an easy target but that's not my fault.

I remember reading on TVTropes RadioHead actually hated creating Creep. Or maybe it was something else

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 18:04:29

At 1/12/15 06:02 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 1/12/15 06:00 PM, stafffighter wrote:

I remember reading on TVTropes RadioHead actually hated creating Creep. Or maybe it was something else

I've never actually listened to that song, if you can believe it. I've heard people sing it, and I remember it being mentioned on a South Park episode. But I've never actually listened to it. Going off of the few Radiohead songs I have heard, I'm not missing much.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 18:07:05

At 1/12/15 06:02 PM, Wegra wrote:

No, that happened. And the worst thing is how they did it. I mean I can get breaking through with something you don't consider a real representation but the utter disdain they have for the song pretty much shits on anyone who likes the song or discovered them through it. Hence; pretentious

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 18:11:27

At 1/12/15 06:07 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 1/12/15 06:02 PM, Wegra wrote: I remember reading on TVTropes RadioHead actually hated creating Creep. Or maybe it was something else
No, that happened. And the worst thing is how they did it. I mean I can get breaking through with something you don't consider a real representation but the utter disdain they have for the song pretty much shits on anyone who likes the song or discovered them through it. Hence; pretentious

Basically, their own music became too mainstream for them. "I'm only a fan of my more underground stuff."

But yeah, stuff like this, Alt+J, Neutral Milk Hotel etc. just seem like bands that people only listen to so they can feel special and brag about their 'refined' music taste.

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 18:19:49

At 1/12/15 06:11 PM, Scarface wrote:

Basically, their own music became too mainstream for them. "I'm only a fan of my more underground stuff."

Basically. And incase anyone hasen't heard it or desperatly needs to feel like an awkward teenager here's "creep" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rsqg95anNw You might note that it sounds nothing like a radiohead song. Again, I can get moving on musically but shitting on the song that opened the door to your career seems harsh. I checked, it's not the radio safe version.

But yeah, stuff like this, Alt+J, Neutral Milk Hotel etc. just seem like bands that people only listen to so they can feel special and brag about their 'refined' music taste.

Yeah, that's my understanding of "indy" Also, isn't indy supposed to just be a circumstance under which your music is produced and not a defined genre?

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 18:27:46 (edited 2015-01-12 18:28:16)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giaZnIr-faM
as cool as this song is, it's really just "we can see through it all and everyone else are mindless sheep" bullshit.

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 18:45:37

At 1/12/15 06:19 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 1/12/15 06:11 PM, Scarface wrote: But yeah, stuff like this, Alt+J, Neutral Milk Hotel etc. just seem like bands that people only listen to so they can feel special and brag about their 'refined' music taste.
Yeah, that's my understanding of "indy" Also, isn't indy supposed to just be a circumstance under which your music is produced and not a defined genre?

It's supposed to be, but it's largely used to define pretentious new bands (regardless of the circumstances of their production) who sound like watered down versions of older indie bands.

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 23:06:35

I dare anyone to out-pretentious High Hopes by Pink Floyd

Seriously watch the music video. Oh my God. You could not ask for a better ratio of "silliest thing ever" and "takes itself totally seriously".

Most pretentious song

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 23:13:47

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself.
It's like I'm hurting myself every time I open music discussion on the BBS, but I can never stop doing it.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 23:47:17

I can't stand that song.

Here's my issue with it... It was made to make the larger population of girls feel better about themselves, but they go about it in the wrong way. Instead of saying "love yourself as you are", this song shames thin girls to make them feel like shit so that larger girls feel a bit better for a while.
So much for this "body acceptance" crap! "Body acceptance" just means fat acceptance. This whole "real women have curves, only dogs like bones" bullshit is just a way to make thin girls feel bad about themselves which makes larger girls feel like they have the right to put thin girls down, and they only ever really do it to boost their own self esteem. I have very low self esteem and my BMI is in the "severely underweight" category, but i would never even consider putting someone down due to their size because that's an absolutely vile thing to do. However, with the ever growing fat acceptance culture we live in, if I (or anyone considered by others to be thin) did insult a larger persons weight, I (we) would be subjected to a lot of hate because of it. It's awful that there's a double standard, larger people would never have to deal with any abuse for making rude comments about a thin persons weight, yet when it's the other way around we're treated like we're the spawn of satan.
It's not body acceptance at all because it's only accepting one body type.

I like to joke about, but there's a line, acknowledge and respect that line.

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-12 23:50:14

At 1/12/15 05:39 PM, Wegra wrote: Lately that dumb catchy "All About that Bass" song kinda feels like this.

Most pretentious song....................In the year 2525................just because

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-13 00:15:40

I like Bass.
And Treble.
And everything in between.

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-13 00:17:06

At 1/12/15 05:39 PM, Wegra wrote:

girls die to be skinny, and im a skinny peaice of shit.

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-13 03:31:36

That stupid ass John Lennon Imagine song.

Thank you Mark David Chapman.

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-13 03:38:00

At 1/13/15 03:31 AM, NuclearInfected wrote: That stupid ass John Lennon Imagine song.

That's a bit much don't you think?

Hmm... most pretentious song. Do believe I'm going go with MacArthur Park by Richard Harris. Just my two cents.

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-13 03:43:05

At 1/13/15 03:38 AM, someaveragechap wrote:
At 1/13/15 03:31 AM, NuclearInfected wrote: That stupid ass John Lennon Imagine song.

That's a bit much don't you think?

A bit much? I'll show you a bit much. Someday I hope to approach Yoko Ono and make her cry by making fun of Lennon's death. I want tears to flow from that cunt's face. How's that for a bit much? Fuck John Lennon, every one of his shit songs qualifies for most pretentious. I hope they're making him butt-fuck Hitler in hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Most pretentious song 2015-01-13 05:40:01

Oh shit, I listened to it, I watched it...

Why'd you make me do that Wegra? That was fucking horrible

BBS Signature