00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

7s3s just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Criticisms ?

471 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Criticisms ? 2014-12-20 14:50:54

Hi Guys, I am new to animating and only animate using flash and a 2.5 inch touchpad on my laptop. :(
I have all my animations SO FAR on my YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVTqDLVxWfhV7gAcv8DQ8wQ
Please check it out and give me some advice, I feel my animations are getting better slowly but I feel there is a lot more I can do to make them better. For me they don't seem Alive and they should feel like real people.
Any advice and all advice is welcome
Thanks All

Response to Criticisms ? 2014-12-22 07:30:17

At 12/20/14 02:50 PM, Blindman369 wrote: Hi Guys, I am new to animating and only animate using flash and a 2.5 inch touchpad on my laptop. :(
Please check it out and give me some advice, I feel my animations are getting better slowly but I feel there is a lot more I can do to make them better. For me they don't seem Alive and they should feel like real people.
Thanks All

How new are you to animation? The Alarm Clock toon is very good :) Could've used better quality sound.

Response to Criticisms ? 2014-12-22 13:19:36

Criticism, hmm...
Well, for the most part, it was confusing: What made him in a hurry after he woke up? Who was that guy/gal sleeping next to him? Why did he turn half super saiyan after he saw the janitor? And what does the janitor even say? His only line is so hard to understand not only because the quality is bad, but also the voice actor is too shy to say it out loud? The voice acting of the whole animation is not good because of the same reason, shyness. Close your room, and scream just for the heck of it. Like, the scene of the half super saiyan thing wasn't vocally convincing because of the voice acting. It's as if you're voice acting in a very, very small apartment in mid-night and you don't want to wake up anyone. When you ant to do somthing like that, make your scream sound intimidating. make your voice acting believable. As for the animation itself, the poses definitely need some work, for example when the main character entered the building and became exhausted, the pose of exhaustion looked quite off because the propotions are off. just compare that pose to real life pictures and you'll notice the difference. You need to learn to use references every now and then, if not always. Get a sketch book and keep drawing poses you see from real life. They don't have to be perfect, even gestures can do the trick. Next thing is the motion, you see, the timing is off. And that shows in when the guy got off of the the car and went to the building while running. The said running animation looks off because the timing wasn't right. in case you can't see it, the run should have been slightly slower. Maybe some inbetweens could have done it. And perhaps ironing out the poses, as I said.

So, generally, you're off to a good start, you're still new to animation, so you have lots to learn. This means that you have so much room for improvement and i'm sure you'll get somewhere if you keep going the right path.

Response to Criticisms ? 2014-12-28 17:57:39

At 12/22/14 07:30 AM, D-SuN wrote:
At 12/20/14 02:50 PM, Blindman369 wrote: Hi Guys, I am new to animating and only animate using flash and a 2.5 inch touchpad on my laptop. :(
Thanks All
How new are you to animation? The Alarm Clock toon is very good :) Could've used better quality sound.

Hi Sorry for the late reply, With Christmas and all that I have been busy as you prob have yourself.
Thanks for looking at the video's I made,,,, In absolute complete honesty other than one or two little stick figures the first movie on my YouTube account is the first animation I have ever made.... As for the sound its the standard mic on my laptop so I know the quality is bad.
How long have you been animating?

Response to Criticisms ? 2014-12-28 18:01:17

At 12/22/14 01:19 PM, Siftergenesis wrote: Criticism, hmm...
Well, for the most part, it was confusing: What made him in a hurry after he woke up? Who was that guy/gal sleeping next to him? Why did he turn half super saiyan after he saw the janitor? And what does the janitor even say? His only line is so hard to understand not only because the quality is bad, but also the voice actor is too shy to say it out loud? The voice acting of the whole animation is not good because of the same reason, shyness. Close your room, and scream just for the heck of it. Like, the scene of the half super saiyan thing wasn't vocally convincing because of the voice acting. It's as if you're voice acting in a very, very small apartment in mid-night and you don't want to wake up anyone. When you ant to do somthing like that, make your scream sound intimidating. make your voice acting believable. As for the animation itself, the poses definitely need some work, for example when the main character entered the building and became exhausted, the pose of exhaustion looked quite off because the propotions are off. just compare that pose to real life pictures and you'll notice the difference. You need to learn to use references every now and then, if not always. Get a sketch book and keep drawing poses you see from real life. They don't have to be perfect, even gestures can do the trick. Next thing is the motion, you see, the timing is off. And that shows in when the guy got off of the the car and went to the building while running. The said running animation looks off because the timing wasn't right. in case you can't see it, the run should have been slightly slower. Maybe some inbetweens could have done it. And perhaps ironing out the poses, as I said.

So, generally, you're off to a good start, you're still new to animation, so you have lots to learn. This means that you have so much room for improvement and i'm sure you'll get somewhere if you keep going the right path.

Hi Thanks for the advice,
I am only recording through the standard mic on my laptop but I have over watched everything again with fresh eyes to try and pick out what I can do better and I get what you mean about the voice acting needs to be stronger and needs to sound more confident.
Also I bought myself a sketch book and will be trying out the posses before I put them through the animation process.
I will still be trying to complete a new video every two weeks so if you wouldnt mind keeping an eye out and anything else you feel I could do please let me know.
Thanks for helping out guys... I just hope I can get better..