00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

cartoon network sucks

5,940 Views | 55 Replies

cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 21:18:56

adventure time is shit, flicks is horrible, and the rest feel like copies of each other.

do you agree or disagree? feel free to explain your opinion.

filler text

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 21:21:12

At 12/17/14 09:18 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: adventure time is shit

SHUT UR FUCKING GOB, CUNT

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 21:23:08

At 12/17/14 09:21 PM, Sevkat wrote:
At 12/17/14 09:18 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: adventure time is shit
SHUT UR FUCKING GOB, CUNT

Or you could talk about your opinions and not just yell at each other so I have to ban you. Just an idea.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 21:23:26

Won't deny that Cartoon Network has had ups and downs, but unless they start showing reality tv, I won't say they suck.

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 21:30:24

The shows on Cartoon Network don't suck. The problem with CN is that they have a shit motto and a fraction of the shows that they used to.
On top of that, shows are now 11 minutes vs. the old half hours so everything takes half as long to complete.

Thank god they stopped airing Johnny Test though.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 21:30:27

Cartoon Network used to be a lot better, their quality has decreased in the last couple of years, but its ok. Its not Nickelodeon bad, but it could be a lot better.
The best place for Cartoon shows was definitely Kids WB, though. They had the best stuff ever, I mean, Batman The Animated Series, Justice League Unlimited, Jackie Chan Adventures, Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, and all that good stuff.

And I like Adventure Time.

"Codswallop in my opinion." - Hagrid

"I trust no one but my ham sandwich." - SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2

Never say no to Panda.

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 21:35:33

When I first read this thread, I was totally suprised that discover it was true.

Then later today I found out water was actually wet. The things life fills you in on... I swar.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 21:41:23

At 12/17/14 09:30 PM, SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2 wrote: Cartoon Network used to be a lot better, their quality has decreased in the last couple of years, but its ok. Its not Nickelodeon bad, but it could be a lot better.
The best place for Cartoon shows was definitely Kids WB, though. They had the best stuff ever, I mean, Batman The Animated Series, Justice League Unlimited, Jackie Chan Adventures, Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, and all that good stuff.

And I like Adventure Time.

I thought Kids WB was cancelled though. Or am I confusing that with Vortexx? Damnit, gonna have to go look it up now.

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 21:48:04

It seems like too often I turn it on and see Gumball or Teen Titans Go. While Gumball is good and I don't hate TTG, I would rather see more variety at those times. Adventure Time is the best but I have trouble finding it.

Also, [adult swim] takes up a lot of time late. One of these days, they will need to break off and become a separate channel.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 21:50:45

Adventure Time's pretty good, but I get sick of the "AWESOME ALL CAPS" tone of the show. Not a big fan of The Regular Show. Can't rightly say I know what else is on.

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 21:54:07

At 12/17/14 09:41 PM, someaveragechap wrote:
At 12/17/14 09:30 PM, SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2 wrote: Cartoon Network used to be a lot better, their quality has decreased in the last couple of years, but its ok. Its not Nickelodeon bad, but it could be a lot better.
The best place for Cartoon shows was definitely Kids WB, though. They had the best stuff ever, I mean, Batman The
was
I thought Kids WB was cancelled though. Or am I confusing that with Vortexx? Damnit, gonna have to go look it up now.

Yeah, sadly it was cancelled. It really was the best place to go for quality cartoons, though. I wish it were still here today...

"Codswallop in my opinion." - Hagrid

"I trust no one but my ham sandwich." - SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2

Never say no to Panda.

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 22:02:13

Nah, Adventure Time is good. So is Gumball. Steven Universe and Clarence seem alright. I caught a Midnight Cowboy reference on Clarence. That sure was something. lol

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 22:03:26

At 12/17/14 09:30 PM, YenMuffin wrote: Thank god they stopped airing Johnny Test though.

Johnny Test was the absolute Cancer of that channel for the time it existed. It was the epitome of awful humor and the 'randomness' generation of kids.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 22:14:25

At 12/17/14 10:03 PM, Sectus wrote:
At 12/17/14 09:30 PM, YenMuffin wrote: Thank god they stopped airing Johnny Test though.
Johnny Test was the absolute Cancer of that channel for the time it existed. It was the epitome of awful humor and the 'randomness' generation of kids.

I liked Johnny Test better when it was Dexter's Lab.

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-17 22:19:08

careful, you might hurt yourself with all that edge.

cartoon network sucks

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 00:48:56

At 12/17/14 09:50 PM, Jester wrote: Adventure Time's pretty good, but I get sick of the "AWESOME ALL CAPS" tone of the show. Not a big fan of The Regular Show. Can't rightly say I know what else is on.

i guess thats why people like the episodes that make you feel

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 01:04:15

but i like the amazing world of gumball

and clarence

and regular show

adventure time could stand for some better new episodes, though i still enjoy it

flicks does suck, and that we can agree on

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 02:04:20

Really, why do you think that? What shows do you like to watch?

Frankly, CN is the best network for...well, Cartoons right now. They have the majority of the best shows including Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe (a new one but different, beautifully animated, pretty funny and can be very heart warming), TAWoG and Clarence (it has a certain nostalgia to it for kid days of ole).

I will never like TTG (Its like watching somebody kill your Dog, gut it and wear its skin as they act like an obnoxious asshole who thinks they're funny) as well as Uncle Grandpa (it swings and misses so bad I change it before the first act is out) but those are about the only shows on that network I say I hate that they show frequently now.

Other networks have some Ok to very Awesome shows like Disney has Gravity Falls and Phineas & Ferb, while Nick has Legends of Korra and... (well Nick sucks balls but you get it) But CN is the only network that has a handful of great shows all in one place.

On top of their current line up, Boomerang still airs Samurai Jack, Dexter, PPG and Johnny Bravo (though someone should petition EEn'E to be on there, its one of CN's very best) so I watch that sometimes. They also have Rick & Morty, by far the best new animated series on AS in the longest time and Toonami gets your regular dosage of Anime. (maybe not enough for hardcore Anime fans but I enjoy it) So in short, I think CN is in a great spot and will continue improving as they shake off 2009 for good and move into the future. That's not to say they don't have flaws, some of their stuff is lurid and they make odd programming choices but I think overall, they're in a better spot than most and I only hope they don't rest on their laurels.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 02:35:30

Nah, not really. That's just nostalgia impairing your judgment. The shows they have aren't actually bad.

Adventure Time is of course great, Regular Show is also very good and has humor for both kids, teens and adults, Gumball is more kid oriented but still great, Teen Titans Go! is a funny spin on the Teen Titans series (even though it plays WAY too much on the channel), and I've heard Steven Universe is a great show even though I just haven't been able to fully watch it. I don't care for Clarence but I can see why people like it, I just don't.

In fact, I think the only thing really bad on the channel is Uncle Grandpa (but then again I haven't fully watched it, the trailers just make me severely annoyed).

So yeah, I think the only problem in the channel now is less variety, but luckily, Adult Swim has been saving their ass by splitting air time with them. I still like Cartoon Network and I feel that older people really aren't giving the new shows a chance. Like people have said before, it's certainly doing a much better job than the other channels in keeping high quality content around.

I loves teh intranet

Checks my Youtubes! Current Let's play- Earthbound

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 02:40:05

Cartoon Network would be alright, but they have a bunch of sketchy crook animators that always sneak in sexual innuendo and drug references, poisoning our youths minds.

It's been getting worse over the recent years.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 05:27:16

At 12/18/14 02:40 AM, NewgroundsNation wrote: Cartoon Network would be alright, but they have a bunch of sketchy crook animators that always sneak in sexual innuendo and drug references, poisoning our youths minds.

Howdy.

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 05:40:06

At 12/18/14 05:27 AM, YenMuffin wrote: Howdy.

eh, tobacco use was justified and probably encouraged back in those day(s)

i mean, just look at the way he carries himself, how slick he is. i wouldnt walk up to him talking shit

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 05:52:21

At 12/17/14 09:30 PM, YenMuffin wrote: The shows on Cartoon Network don't suck. The problem with CN is that they have a shit motto and a fraction of the shows that they used to.
On top of that, shows are now 11 minutes vs. the old half hours so everything takes half as long to complete.
Thank god they stopped airing Johnny Test though.

why the fuck do they allow people to have signatures with cartoon pony characters with jizz on their face but the dicks replaced with photoshopped subway sandwiches

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 06:00:09

At 12/18/14 05:52 AM, MrApophis wrote: why the fuck do they allow people to have signatures with cartoon pony characters with jizz on their face but the dicks replaced with photoshopped subway sandwiches

Use the block button so you never have to see their posts again then. If you really hate the signature THAT much.

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 06:18:13

I like Adventure Time, Clarence, Regular Show and The Amazing world of Gumball.
The Dutch Cartoon Network still broadcasts the old shows as well :U

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 06:55:26 (edited 2014-12-18 07:00:55)

At 12/18/14 05:52 AM, MrApophis wrote: why the fuck do they allow people to have signatures with cartoon pony characters with jizz on their face but the dicks replaced with photoshopped subway sandwiches

I do what I want and it's been made apparently clear that no one cares.
Also it's technically safe because there's nothing explicit in the sig window.

I know Adventure Time is the big hitter on CN but Gumball and Clarence are actually pretty good. These shows deserve a fair chance if you haven't given them one before.

cartoon network sucks

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 06:59:39

I'm biased to my generation of Cartoon Network...I will say, I enjoy what I watch from Adventure Time....its weird as fuck, from what I've seen, but I'm entertained.

I think I remember cat-sitting for my Aunt and Uncle at one point and I flipped it on out of boredom.

What the hell happened to Teen Titans?

What the fuck is Uncle Grandpa?

There was another one, but I think I was really distracted by the mindrot of Uncle Grandpa...and those commercials.....it really reminds me that I'm not the right age-group for this network anymore.

I've moved on...and you should too.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 12:47:15

At 12/17/14 09:18 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: do you agree or disagree? feel free to explain your opinion.

I don't know. I haven't bothered with any of the regular channels since I discovered the Internet.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 13:02:31

At 12/18/14 12:51 PM, Captain-Slugworth wrote: Cartoon Network is only good at around 5:00am

That's when the Cleveland Show is on. That show is even worse than American Dad.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to cartoon network sucks 2014-12-18 13:23:42

At 12/18/14 01:15 PM, Amaranthus wrote: TMNT 2012 and Legend of Korra are the only good cartoons on nowadays.

TMNT 2012 is so underrated I don't even understand

BBS Signature