00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PetrifiedPancake just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is This Food/City List Accurate?

626 Views | 19 Replies

Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-16 18:21:34

Just how accurate do you think that the following list of United States cities ranked by food is?

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/food/the-40-biggest-us-cities-ranked-by-their-food-105293046346.html
(Feel free to poke fun at the article if need be)

40. Fresno, California

39. Jacksonville, Florida

38. El Paso, Texas

37. Tucson, Arizona

36. Columbus, Ohio

35. Charlotte, North Carolina

34. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

33. San Jose, California

32. Albuquerque, New Mexico

31. Indianapolis, Indiana

30. Cleveland, Ohio

29. Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona

28. St. Louis, Missouri

27. Baltimore, Maryland

26. San Antonio, Texas

25. Milwaukee, Wisconsin

24. Minneapolis, Minnesota

23. Kansas City, Kansas

22. Memphis, Tennessee

21. Las Vegas, Nevada

20. San Diego, California

19. Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas

18. Miami, Florida

17. Denver, Colorado

16. Louisville, Kentucky

15. Atlanta. Georgia

14. Detroit, Michigan

13. Nashville, Tennessee

12. Washington, DC

11. Boston, Massachusetts

10. Los Angeles, California

9. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

8. Houston, Texas

7. Seattle, Washington

6. Austin, Texas

5. Portland, Oregon

4. San Francisco, California

3. Chicago, Illinois

2. New York City, New York

1. New Orleans, Louisiana

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-16 18:24:49

Nashville up there with the big dogs. Right on!

BBS Signature

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-16 18:25:55

Ranked on how good the food is, or how much food they have?

Someone needs to clarify a little bit

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-16 18:26:52

At 12/16/14 06:25 PM, NewgroundsNation wrote: Ranked on how good the food is, or how much food they have?

Ranked by how good the food is.

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-16 18:27:11

San Francisco is number 4. I think the spot is well deserved, because there are a lot of good restaurants there, mainly Chinese and Italian restaurants. I actually ate at a Hong Kong-styled restaurant 8 days ago there and it was pretty good. Not great, but for what is considered a mediocre restaurant there, it was decent.

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-16 18:41:47

Needs more Cincinnati, OH love with their great Skyline Chili. That stuff is absolutely fucking delicious.

"Codswallop in my opinion." - Hagrid

"I trust no one but my ham sandwich." - SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2

Never say no to Panda.

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-16 18:59:24

At 12/16/14 06:41 PM, SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2 wrote: Needs more Cincinnati, OH love with their great Skyline Chili. That stuff is absolutely fucking delicious.

Yea, and Golden Star too! Ohio's got a lot of good antiques. Surprised Cincinnati is not up there.

Also, I would have figured to have seen more Southeastern cities on the list, but I knew New Orleans would be number 1.

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-16 20:14:30

To be honest I'm surprised that Detroit of all things is on the list. I thought Detroit is supposed to be some sort of hellhole.

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-16 20:26:45

At 12/16/14 08:14 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: To be honest I'm surprised that Detroit of all things is on the list. I thought Detroit is supposed to be some sort of hellhole.

Uh... why?

Just because a place is dangerous and full of crime doesn't mean all of it is bad. Detroit is known for having some of the largest selections of Polish food in the world, due to its large Polish population. I mean, Detroit used to be one of the best places to live and work in the country when the auto industry was really big there, right?

At 12/16/14 08:26 PM, GoodLuckTurtle wrote: Just because a place is dangerous and full of crime doesn't mean all of it is bad. Detroit is known for having some of the largest selections of Polish food in the world, due to its large Polish population. I mean, Detroit used to be one of the best places to live and work in the country when the auto industry was really big there, right?

Eh, it's got lots of pollution and stuff too. It's dirty, literally and figuratively, know what im sayin.

i heard they got good hot dog stands. lol

Every large city has crime though, and every large city also has nice, rich, and cultured parts to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-16 21:36:19

#1 should be Galena, Alaska.

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-17 02:22:07

I'm kinda surprised Nashville is as high up as it is. Not because I think the food is bad or anything, food is great, I just thought it'd be eclipsed by other southern cities.

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-17 02:24:09

Mah citay of birth is up there

I am pleesed.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-18 00:03:05

Whaaat? Minneapolis is on there? Damn, that surprises me a lot.

At 12/16/14 08:14 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: To be honest I'm surprised that Detroit of all things is on the list. I thought Detroit is supposed to be some sort of hellhole.

Nah dude, one of Detroit's suburbs even has this awesome festival every year called "Arts Beats & Eats" where a bunch of musicians and artists showcase their stuff. Did I mention there's tons of food?

Plus Detroit is the birthplace of Little Caesar's pizza. You cannot resist the Crazy Bread.

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-18 01:12:45

texas appears on that list five times
i approve

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-18 01:27:12

Kansas City should be higher, also wtf does Portland have?

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-18 01:43:28

At 12/18/14 01:06 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Plus Detroit is the birthplace of Little Caesar's pizza. You cannot resist the Crazy Bread.

oh man! a little caesar's JUST opened up today in my town
looks like i will actually get to try this crazy bread you speak of

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-18 22:55:20

At 12/18/14 01:43 AM, FRAYDO wrote:
At 12/18/14 01:06 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Plus Detroit is the birthplace of Little Caesar's pizza. You cannot resist the Crazy Bread.
oh man! a little caesar's JUST opened up today in my town
looks like i will actually get to try this crazy bread you speak of

The other sides are good, too. I'm a big fan of the pepperoni cheese bread, but they made the portions smaller and cheaper this year. The Italian cheese bread is pretty good, too.

Response to Is This Food/City List Accurate? 2014-12-18 23:03:10

Woo! Chicago at #3!

Our pizza kicks ass, I can testify.