00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Content Space Empty?

1,075 Views | 15 Replies

Over the past week, I've had 3-4 experiences where I loaded a content view page and the SWF didn't load into the page - it was an empty space.

I'm a supporter running Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 m on Windows 7. I don't have Adblock.

Have you experienced this problem? If so, please let us know in this thread! Include whether you were logged in, whether you are a supporter, if you are running Adblock and what browser, OS and version you were using. In Chrome, click the three lines in the top right of the browser and select "About Chrome" to see the version number. I get especially curious if a Chrome update could cause SWF issues, since that happens a lot.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-16 12:20:56

I used to have that problem when I was using Chrome however ever since I went back to Firefox this problem only occurs on rare ocassion

BBS Signature

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-16 13:04:08

I'm always logged in when I view flash, and this consistently happens to me. I don't really think much of it anymore, as Monster-64 said, you can just refresh it and it loads properly. Been happening both before and after I became a supporter. Latest version of Chrome on Windows 7. No Adblock.

BBS Signature

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-16 14:59:42

I have has this problem on the silver opera beta occasionally. ('opera now' is it's name?)
Some flash files won't load no matter how many times i refresh, but most work fine.

However on classic opera this rarely occurs with a quick fix by the refresh button when it does.

also... RAAAINBOOW STICKY!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-16 16:47:54

At 12/16/14 04:39 PM, Lich wrote: I've only seen the invisible square for this thread ever.

Hold Shift+Refresh, should just need to re-cache.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-16 17:12:47

At 12/16/14 04:48 PM, Lich wrote:
At 12/16/14 04:47 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/16/14 04:39 PM, Lich wrote: I've only seen the invisible square for this thread ever.
Hold Shift+Refresh, should just need to re-cache.
Yep that fixed it. Thanks Tom!

Had this same issue a few weeks ago and fixed it by clearing the cache also.
Only the banner ads, and the buttons(forum buttons, pm, dump , etc) were empty, but still clickable.
I assumed it was only an issue with Opera, since Chrome, and Firefox both worked fine.
Running Opera 26.0, on Vista, no adblock.

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-17 16:32:52

I occasionally have this happen. I just refresh.

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-17 17:28:43

At 12/16/14 06:49 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 12/16/14 11:56 AM, TomFulp wrote: I don't have Adblock.
It'd be pretty hilarious if you did. Blocking ads on your own sites. High lary us.

Thanks Xenomit

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-17 19:03:57 (edited 2014-12-17 19:13:38)

Newgrounds is the only website that doesn't run animations,games or load images for me . This issue is about 3 month old

I have been trying to fix the issue on Chrome's and Flash's end but no luck . Newground is the only website doing this to me (other websites run flash and java without problems)

Not a supporter but I did buy the toilet paper ;) Thank you for getting the soft kind

If you can fix it Tom ill pay you $25 but otherwise the website just doesn't work for me

and I don't have any extensions

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-17 19:18:40

Hrm, let's do a little troubleshooting.

Does this image load for you?

Does this video load?

Do you have any other blockers upstream on your computer or network? One gal recently emailed us and she had several layers of protection, and one layer was blocking one of our domains.

What happens exactly when you try to load a movie or game? Have you tried other browsers?

At 12/17/14 07:03 PM, DjGubkafish wrote: Newgrounds is the only website that doesn't run animations,games or load images for me . This issue is about 3 month old

I have been trying to fix the issue on Chrome's and Flash's end but no luck . Newground is the only website doing this to me (other websites run flash and java without problems)

Not a supporter but I did buy the toilet paper ;) Thank you for getting the soft kind

If you can fix it Tom ill pay you $25 but otherwise the website just doesn't work for me

and I don't have any extensions

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-17 21:12:55 (edited 2014-12-17 21:14:49)

Video doesn't start at all .

I can see the image but anything from art forum won't load all the way . It use to load in half a second but no it just freezes

I haven't done any changes to my system . NG just stoped working for me

Its been 3 month so I pretty much tried everything and gave up at this point

Security,flash settings,chrome settings you name it

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-18 05:08:03

At 12/17/14 09:12 PM, DjGubkafish wrote: I can see the image but anything from art forum won't load all the way . It use to load in half a second but no it just freezes

Hm. The image @BrenTheMan linked is FROM the art portal... Weird.

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-18 15:46:40

You have to reply to me or I won't be notified that you responded.

At 12/17/14 09:12 PM, DjGubkafish wrote: Its been 3 month so I pretty much tried everything and gave up at this point

Have you tried a different browser and/or computer on the same network?

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-18 20:07:16

At 12/16/14 11:56 AM, TomFulp wrote: Over the past week, I've had 3-4 experiences where I loaded a content view page and the SWF didn't load into the page - it was an empty space.

Have you tried PMing an admin? Maybe someone there could help you.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-19 08:13:58

Happens a few times on either Chrome or Firefox.

Disabling noscript blocking for NG's 'subsites' (cpmstar and google-analytics) usually resolves all the problems.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Content Space Empty? 2014-12-19 12:18:58 (edited 2014-12-19 12:23:27)

At 12/18/14 03:46 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: You have to reply to me or I won't be notified that you responded.

At 12/17/14 09:12 PM, DjGubkafish wrote: Its been 3 month so I pretty much tried everything and gave up at this point
Have you tried a different browser and/or computer on the same network?

The issues is the same across all browsers.

Whenever I test my flash it works on flash website and other flash game websites . For some reason newground gives me white screens where flash should be ,music files freeze at 10 seconds and pictures don't load all the way.

My Labtop and Iphone can browse newground content just fine .

Main desktop is the only one having trouble . I tried all global flash settings,internet settings,disabling security and the result is the same .

Its almost like flash stops loading but again why only newgrounds?