00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Okidou just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Critical look at Halo 4

714 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Critical look at Halo 4 2014-12-13 23:24:10

"HALO 4 ALREADY CAME OUT F*CK FACE!", you say.
Yeah, I know. But I feel this should be discussed about it. (So shut up)
Look, I like Halo, especially Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach. That's one of the reasons why my username is the way it is. But lets talk about Halo 4.

Here's the brief history: After Halo: Reach, Bungie decides to end the story at Halo 3 but make their last game: Halo: Reach, when Microsoft heard about the news, they weren't too excited about it. Than afterwards Bungie sells Halo to Microsoft for a million and something like that dollars. And as a fan of Halo, I don;t blame Microsoft. BEFORE YOU SH*T YOURSELF KEEP READING. When Halo was released with the first Xbox, not the VHS player that we know today as the Xbox One, it was the back bone of Xbox. When Halo: CE came with Xbox, people played it for hours, days, months, and even years; and craved the path for its success. Ever when the Xbox 360 came out with Halo 3, PEOPLE STILL PLAY IT TO THIS DAY.

So, when Microsoft bought Halo they gave the task to 343 to make Halo 4. And I wont lie, the gameplay was fun, I enjoyed it.. But something was missing. Something felt so off-putting that it didn't feel like Halo. If listened to the main themes of Halo 1, 2, and 3; and then listened to the soundtrack of Halo 4 they give off a certain vibe, of you will. The soundtrack of Halo 1, 2, and 3 gives off a ancient but modern universe. But if you look at Halo 4, it sounds more futuristic and less ancient. Even in the architect of the buildings in Halo 1, 2, and 3 they look alike but give off the vibe as before put more refined, but when you look at Halo 4, its more futuristic but less ancient. It didn't feel like Halo.

However, when Halo 2 Anniversary came out, I loved it. I loved how if how it looked. I loved the gameplay. I loved how it felt. But then a critical sentence popped up in my head immediately, "This is what Halo 4 should have been." And that sentence repeated over over again. Halo 2 Anniversary had refined graphics and gameplay, but still managed to have the modern but ancient look and feeling.

But lets rewind, Bungie is done with Halo. If you had the power to cancel to transaction of Microsoft buying Halo what would you do? If I had the power, I would cancel it. Halo, at this point, is like a very old dog that you knew well and loved very much. At some point you just have to shoot it and let it rest in peace because it was in misery. Unless you know for sure that someone can the same, but better.

343, if you reading this than please take this as advice and not as criticism, you did well an the gameplay but not the feeling of it. Please model Halo 5 after Halo 2 Anniversary. But I'm not saying 343 is bad. In Halo 4, they hosted spacial game modes that were fun. You guys are cool just model Halo 5 after Halo Anniversary.

What do you think of this? Do you agree? Or do you Disagree? OR are you just going to a b*tch and spew a bunch of false statements that can be disproven from this post or a google search? Ether way, DON'T DO THE LAST OPTION.

Thanks guys

Response to Critical look at Halo 4 2014-12-15 00:42:31

I would cancel it too. I think Halo 4 is a very good example of how out of greed a developer "cof"Microsoft"cof" just milks a very good and beloved franchise.
I found the story boring, even though I didn't really cared about Halo's story since Halo 3. And the enemies, oh the prometheans, or whatever they're called. Most, un-attractive, generic, Halo enemie, ever.
And the reason they gave to justify the Covenant pirates. I rolled my eyes at it. If they wanted to tack-on past enemies, why they didn't said "Ok, there's a cease fire order. But, what If there's a group among the Covenant that still believes what Truth was trying achive?"
Bungie shouldn't have left it's baby at the hands of Microsoft. And I haven't played Halo 2 Anniversary.
By far, at least to me, ONE of the most mediocre Halo and FPS I have played, Halo 4.
Well, end of my rant. Godspeed, Master Chief. Godspeed.

COFFE IS JUST THAT GOOD

BBS Signature

Response to Critical look at Halo 4 2014-12-15 01:30:32

Halo 4 was a weak game. If they make a part 5, they should make it totally different than part 4.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Critical look at Halo 4 2014-12-15 10:51:09

I was a Halo noob when I started playing Halo 4; I had only played 1 and 2 casually at my friend's house years and years ago. I found Halo 4 accessible because the feel was more like Call of Duty.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to Critical look at Halo 4 2014-12-15 13:35:45

They had such a perfect set of games, I consider every one of them to be a masterpiece. Excluding Halo Wars, I thought it was an alright game and Halo 3: ODST was a bit weak but whatever.

They just had to start milking Halo just like they do with Call of Duty

BBS Signature

Response to Critical look at Halo 4 2014-12-17 03:04:33

At 12/15/14 05:50 AM, K1LL80Y wrote: Story was retarded.

Multiplayer was acceptable.

The multiplayer was only acceptable if you pretended it wasn't supposed to be a Halo game.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Critical look at Halo 4 2014-12-19 17:39:45

At 12/17/14 05:32 AM, K1LL80Y wrote:
At 12/17/14 03:04 AM, Stretchysumo wrote:
The multiplayer was only acceptable if you pretended it wasn't supposed to be a Halo game.
Yeah exactly.

thats so true that its sad