00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Gaming in the future?

588 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Gaming in the future? 2014-12-13 19:43:28

What do you think the state of the game industry and video games will be like in the future? Be it 10-20-30-100 years later?

Response to Gaming in the future? 2014-12-13 21:10:39

Two things that I will predict will happen in the near future is that both the PS4 and Xbox One will begin to pull way ahead of the Wii U in both games and sales overall, I'll give it about a year, or at the very most 2 before this will happen. Nintendo isn't going to throw in the towel, but only the hardcore Nintendo fans are going to really invested in this console, lightning isn't going to strike twice with Nintendo, especially when they don't have a major gimmick to build on with the Wii did with motion controls.

The second is that, (and this is a big if) we will have a virtual reality gaming system if there is enough funding from serious investors and inventors. Don't expect anything from Arcade, or Sword Art Online at least from this decade. That said, there has been plenty of VR technology being used by the military and civilian charter pilots, so the foundation is already there to do so.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming in the future? 2014-12-14 00:55:04

I would enjoy seeing more virtual reality gaming. That seems to be the next step.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming in the future? 2014-12-14 01:25:47

Consoles will die out overtime and the PC's will reign. If the Steam Machines prove successful then that will be the next step. I kind of starting ranting about this in this thread. I've been wrong in the past though and I could be wrong here.

Then again it could end up like this.

Response to Gaming in the future? 2014-12-14 05:11:29

Either Holodeck or Matrix.

Not much else beyond that.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming in the future? 2014-12-14 07:27:03

Hopefully Virtual Reality will be the future. It was always one of those things I dreamed about when I was a kid.

Response to Gaming in the future? 2014-12-14 18:54:11

More than likely Matrix type stuff or at least holographic technology that allows stuff to project onto different surfaces. Kind of like the stuff nintendo did with the DS but to an extreme, within 100 years or even 30 years I think we'll see stuff like this.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming in the future? 2014-12-15 13:38:28

I bet it will be something stupid and gimmicky and I'm gonna complain about it and sound like a ridiculous grandpa

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming in the future? 2014-12-17 18:29:51

We'll have near perfect virtual reality I bet. We'll be able to feel the games at some point, as in feel the environment in game, etc. Well I doubt that, but who knows.

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming in the future? 2014-12-17 18:44:27

If VR does take off, it would be fun to play as Link or Mario.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming in the future? 2014-12-18 06:18:32

I'm sure that console might be long gone by this point and both Sony and Microsoft would have their own Steam-esque services to cater to their fans...