00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

this forum

2,655 Views | 34 Replies

this forum 2014-12-06 23:40:06

I must say,
right now im drunk and emotional
HOWEVER,
even though none of you reading this were probably around in the time im refferring to, im gonna say it anyway
this forum had a massive positive influence in my life over the last eleven years you know?
these days im a very confident and happy guy, but i wast always like that. there was i time when i had nobody, but i always had newgrounds. i guess i was just an angsty teenager, but at the time, the people i was in contact with through this website were my best friends, even though id never even met them
no matter whats going on in life, i always come back here from time to time, and it always feels like coming home to something in a funny kind of way

what i just want to say is thank you newgrounds, for helping me through some though times, and still being around for the good times

haha i duno man

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-06 23:44:23

At 12/6/14 11:40 PM, RedCoin wrote: I must say,

:,) touching, just touching.

Response to this forum 2014-12-06 23:46:45

I'm right there with you man. I came around when I was about 12 or 13, and the NG community really had a positive influence on my life and was an important beam of support for me when I was an older teen. I even still come around and lurk the forums for nostalgic value, love you guys.

When is Pico 2 coming out?

Response to this forum 2014-12-06 23:48:12

At 12/6/14 11:46 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Same here, Redcoin.

Man, you've always been one of the funniest and coolest members here. Love ya, man.

praise from ceasar

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-06 23:51:36

My years here have definitely made me more articulate and less gay, or possibly the opposite.

Response to this forum 2014-12-06 23:52:18

I definitely get where you're coming from. In a lot of ways, this place is the only site that can make me feel "cozy" -- I don't know how else to put it.

"Sit down and shut up and do as I say" -- Zeus

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-06 23:52:45

At 12/6/14 11:50 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 12/6/14 11:48 PM, RedCoin wrote:
At 12/6/14 11:46 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Same here, Redcoin.

Man, you've always been one of the funniest and coolest members here. Love ya, man.
praise from ceasar
Really? You think we're Brutus and Caesar? I don't get it man. Explooge please.

by that phrase i mean that it comes from the highest possible source of praise, like one such as yourself, thereby making it all the more honorable

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-06 23:56:42

Keep on living, man. And good luck.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 00:16:41

I've always been under the impression that Newgrounds made me even more anti-social.

bother.

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 00:27:28 (edited 2014-12-07 00:29:08)

At 12/7/14 12:16 AM, Chumbawamba wrote: I've always been under the impression that Newgrounds made me even more anti-social.

bother.

Ah, now you are one of the true old skoolers.
I was never best pals with you or anything, but i always enjoyed your posts.
why do you think it made you more anti social?
for me it was quite a shock that so many people actually thought i was funny and cool that i applied my online persona more and more into real life situations that i was amazed to find that i wasnt such a boring cunt after all and i made friends so much more easily after that, all i needed was confidence
do you think that because you could interact with people via newgrounds, you had less of a need to interact with people in a more direct way?

p.s i love your user icon, i know for a fact ive seen it somewhere else before but i have no idea where. Maybe a tattoo magazine but im not sure. enlighten me?

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 00:45:13

At 12/7/14 12:27 AM, RedCoin wrote:
At 12/7/14 12:16 AM, Chumbawamba wrote: I've always been under the impression that Newgrounds made me even more anti-social.

bother.
Ah, now you are one of the true old skoolers.
I was never best pals with you or anything, but i always enjoyed your posts.
why do you think it made you more anti social?
for me it was quite a shock that so many people actually thought i was funny and cool that i applied my online persona more and more into real life situations that i was amazed to find that i wasnt such a boring cunt after all and i made friends so much more easily after that, all i needed was confidence
do you think that because you could interact with people via newgrounds, you had less of a need to interact with people in a more direct way?

p.s i love your user icon, i know for a fact ive seen it somewhere else before but i have no idea where. Maybe a tattoo magazine but im not sure. enlighten me?

Oh hey, thanks for that, RedCoin.

It's probably not fair for me to blame Newgrounds. It's just that when I was most active in the BBS (high school), I would rather stay in my room on my computer than hang out with friends, to the point where I would often claim to be busy if they asked me to hang out with them and a group of their friends. It wasn't really until the end of my teen years that I stopped frequenting online communities as often and started truly socializing in college and feel much more comfortable talking with others casually. Perhaps I'm looking at it all wrong, and Newgrounds did help me become more social, but I don't think there was a time in my life where I both used the BBS for hours a day and acted more socially, so I always saw the two as being in contrast.

My icon is Skull of a Skeleton with Burning Cigarette by Van Gogh. Perhaps you saw it on the cover of David Sedaris's When You Are Engulfed in Flames? That's how I was introduced to it, though I'll admit to not being familiar with art history at all.

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 00:51:39

I usually feel old, being around so many '13 and '14ers.

But leave it to the real oldschool NGers to make me feel like I just signed up yesterday.

And, yeah, I tolerate (almost) all of you NG shitholes. Not completely terrible, don't hate all of you, etc., etc.

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 00:56:45

At 12/7/14 12:45 AM, Chumbawamba wrote: My icon is Skull of a Skeleton with Burning Cigarette by Van Gogh. Perhaps you saw it on the cover of David Sedaris's When You Are Engulfed in Flames? That's how I was introduced to it, though I'll admit to not being familiar with art history at all.

Ah now I remember!
My ex girlfriend had been to the van gogh museum in Amsterdam and she brought back a postcard of this image that she had on her bedroom wall. Thats where I'd seen it!

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 00:59:11

I'm having the opposite. I had great life until Newgrounds came along and it's users started offending me and calling me bad words.

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 01:02:54

The BBS is pretty rad and stuff

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 01:10:54

Newgrounds has always been the place.

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 01:12:02

I'm afraid to think what a soulless tool I'd have become if I didn't discover NG and the BBS. Thanks guys.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 01:22:24

The NG chat was my outlet during my depression. It was nice to be able to go there and say nice things to people when I felt like I was dying inside. Maybe it gave me some fallacious sense of purpose. I miss it.

Never been one for posting on boards though, really. Maybe the experience feels less intimate to me.

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 01:23:24

Nice to hear something from the heart red, I don't think we conversed much back in the day but I recognise your name. It's nice that newgrounds has a soft spot for you too, and I agree it feels like 'home' to me in as much as any website can feel like home.

Since you shared, I'll tell you abit about my relationship with newgrounds. I don't think I'd be where I am in my career now without newgrounds. The only reason I got into animation was because I had an old friend on here who got a daily 5th place award in like 2004 and when I was a teenager I guessed I was trying to one up him and make my own crappy movies. And now I've been freelancing professionally for 15 months and have landed work experience at a studio that makes Disney/Pixar content. I know that without newgrounds I would have never come close to doing that with my life.

It hurts me to see newgrounds wilt under the monopoly of youtube, this site is an important part of Internet history and it fucking deserves to be bigger and more respected than it is. In no small part due to the amazing supportive community we have here. <3

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 01:27:39

At 12/7/14 01:23 AM, Fim wrote: ..

That's excellent news mate, keep up the good work.
And Im sure we must have conversed, because your username rings a bell in in a very favorable way.

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 03:05:33

you know i was just trying to come with terms with posting here after awhile. I always feel like somethings wrong about it like if somebody knew I fucked around with newgrounds people would think I'm an idiot (if they read my posts...) and that girls would never want me (like im not isolated from most humans due to my habits that are pretty much antisocial...) but this post i really felt a kinship to. because I never thought of it that way. but this website has made me a better person in a lot of ways

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 03:24:17 (edited 2014-12-07 03:25:07)

I know what you mean.

I've been here for a while, and although irl I'm a bit of a loner, I always enjoyed my interactions here. My time here is something I truly value, and I'll always keep coming back here.

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 04:22:54

*cries*

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 05:00:45

We love you too, ya homo.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 05:05:44

True, Newgrounds BBS is a nice and beautiful place where you can be yourself and everyone either accepts you or doesn't care if you are a really weird person.
Newgrounds is an Awesome place and I'm glad I joined it.

*flushes toilet*

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 05:11:59

I am happy i had the opportunity to grow with you redcoin

And hope gou are having a good day so far

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 05:56:18

You're a good guy and I agree.

Fuck everybody reading this...

...but y'all are wonderful and great and I'm rooting for you to succeed.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 07:09:26

bruh <3

this forum

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 08:49:17

i'm sober now. you're all cunts and i hate you

<3

BBS Signature

Response to this forum 2014-12-07 11:40:15

At 12/6/14 11:40 PM, RedCoin wrote: I must say,
what i just want to say is thank you newgrounds, for helping me through some though times, and still being around for the good times

haha i duno man

Awww we wuv you too redcoin

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature