00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Reisaki just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Waited 30 days, still can't submit

529 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I uploaded a ton of images to Newgrounds in November, and then I hit the 50-images-per-month limit. This meant I had to wait until December 5th, today, to start submitting again! So I could just subimt again right??

Wrong. Apparently, every time I press Submit, a window pops up that says I need to wait a minute before submitting! .... only it always ALWAYS resets the minute to whenever it happens to be at THIS MOMENT!!

I can't submit ANYTHING!? What the hell is going on!? I waited for the new month already!!

Response to Waited 30 days, still can't submit 2014-12-06 04:29:12

We're talking art portal here, right? The last image you submitted was on the 6th, so that would take things to today.... but it sounds like this thing is broken and to be honest, I'm not so sure why we even need that kind of limit now anyway. I'll check into it.

Response to Waited 30 days, still can't submit 2014-12-06 04:39:00

Okay, I just went ahead and scrapped that limit, so you should be good.

Response to Waited 30 days, still can't submit 2014-12-06 06:58:12

At 12/6/14 04:39 AM, liljim wrote: Okay, I just went ahead and scrapped that limit, so you should be good.

Out of interest, is the 4 submissions per day limit still up?

BBS Signature

Response to Waited 30 days, still can't submit 2014-12-06 07:14:05

At 12/6/14 06:58 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Out of interest, is the 4 submissions per day limit still up?

It's 10 per day. Dunno exactly how long that has been in place, it's a config var that's been around for at least 5 years though. Maybe you're confusing that figure with minimum number for scouting?

Response to Waited 30 days, still can't submit 2014-12-06 07:18:18

At 12/6/14 07:14 AM, liljim wrote:
At 12/6/14 06:58 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Out of interest, is the 4 submissions per day limit still up?
It's 10 per day. Dunno exactly how long that has been in place, it's a config var that's been around for at least 5 years though. Maybe you're confusing that figure with minimum number for scouting?

Possibly, but I wanted to check that there was still a limit for how many pics people could upload in a day.

When the art portal was starting out people would upload their entire galleries in a single sitting, which drowned out submissions other people make as-they-go on the new submissions page. I wanted to see if there is still some control.

BBS Signature

Response to Waited 30 days, still can't submit 2014-12-06 07:27:19

At 12/6/14 07:18 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: When the art portal was starting out people would upload their entire galleries in a single sitting, which drowned out submissions other people make as-they-go on the new submissions page. I wanted to see if there is still some control.

Hrm. I wonder whether it'd be worth grouping each artist in the synopsis for each section here (and replicate it across the other sections):

http://www.newgrounds.com/art

Then at least that way, you're only getting one item per artist in each of the sections. The daily art portal submission quota is still higher than the other portals I think, but to be honest, I'm surprised we're still restricting how many items people can upload like this any more... obviously we'll still need some caps to prevent people from flooding the site with stuff, but other than that i think it needs to be a lot more flexible.

Response to Waited 30 days, still can't submit 2014-12-06 12:00:43

On DeviantArt, when people submit a group of items, they're organized in "stacks" that their friends and others can see in their message inbox. Of course, that can result in their inbox containing hundreds of images they chose to look through or not, and not everyone has the time or patience for that.

At 12/6/14 07:27 AM, liljim wrote:
At 12/6/14 07:18 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: When the art portal was starting out people would upload their entire galleries in a single sitting, which drowned out submissions other people make as-they-go on the new submissions page. I wanted to see if there is still some control.
Hrm. I wonder whether it'd be worth grouping each artist in the synopsis for each section here (and replicate it across the other sections):

http://www.newgrounds.com/art

Then at least that way, you're only getting one item per artist in each of the sections. The daily art portal submission quota is still higher than the other portals I think, but to be honest, I'm surprised we're still restricting how many items people can upload like this any more... obviously we'll still need some caps to prevent people from flooding the site with stuff, but other than that i think it needs to be a lot more flexible.

Response to Waited 30 days, still can't submit 2014-12-06 22:18:38

Here's some new developments.

Yesterday I tried uploading another image, only to have a window pop up that said I couldn't submit anything more until December 20th. :(

..... today, I just submitted two images without problems.

...... Newgrounds, your system is broken, and you should get it looked at!

Response to Waited 30 days, still can't submit 2014-12-07 04:48:43

At 12/6/14 10:18 PM, gairon wrote: Yesterday I tried uploading another image, only to have a window pop up that said I couldn't submit anything more until December 20th. :(

Was this before or after I said to go ahead and try again?

Response to Waited 30 days, still can't submit 2014-12-07 10:19:54

It was after.

At 12/7/14 04:48 AM, liljim wrote:
At 12/6/14 10:18 PM, gairon wrote: Yesterday I tried uploading another image, only to have a window pop up that said I couldn't submit anything more until December 20th. :(

Response to Waited 30 days, still can't submit 2014-12-07 10:54:13

At 12/7/14 10:19 AM, gairon wrote:

Well your post was just after 10pm on the 6th and you'd said "yesterday" - which would have put the date you'd tried at the 5th, prior to when I made the changes...which were just after 4:30am on the 6th.

If this happens again, can you please make a note of the EXACT message you get? I can't see anything that's left that would prevent you from uploading up to 10 items per day.