00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Americans Milking 9/11?

2,954 Views | 24 Replies

Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 13:44:12

OK before I get banned or this thread gets locked, I'd just like to say that I do believe 9/11 was a pretty horrific event.

Now that's out of the way, does anyone else think Americans just milk the event and are way too butthurt over it? Two buildings get destroyed, 2,996 killed and 6,000+ injured, yet America nuked Japan, twice, not even once, and left 90,000–166,000 killed in Hiroshima and 39,000–80,000 killed in Nagasaki. Exactly why are Americans crying so much over 9/11 and yet you never hear Japan mentioning these nuclear attacks much.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 13:45:41

9/11 changed everything, you fucking monster.

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 13:57:29 (edited 2014-11-26 13:59:05)

Because Americans are pussies.
inb4 i either get banned or some 'muricans insult me

EDIT: You can't forget that the US was the one who nuked Japan, i don't see why they would talk about it as much as they talk about 9/11, it would make them sound like assholes.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 14:02:45

It kicked in what I call the "proud to be an American" movement where everyone who wasn't expressly a patriot was a goddamnsonofabitch, and it took companies about several seconds to start marketing accordingly. Advertising and marketing in 1945 Japan was muuuuuuuuuch less powerful than in 2001 U.S.A., largely because TV broadcasting didn't exist there yet, so the Japanese weren't reminded about the bombings and how upset they should be about them daily. Ergo, while a much more significant tragedy, the dropping of the A-bombs wasn't burned into the brains of the people of Japan nearly as much as 9/11 was to Americans. Not figuratively, anyways.

Also obviously 9/11 happened recently and many many people can actually clearly remember it, so it's a lot more culturally relevant.

just my theories

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 14:06:11

At 11/26/14 02:03 PM, WahyaRanger wrote: *Insert 'Murican pussy insult and ban issue*

Don't make me bomb you.

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 14:07:07

Personally, I think it's more the American media then anything else, that combined with long, complicated wars in regions we have a longer, complex history with.

There are a good number of people here that think the same, and they are not just kids, they are also adults, and I have even ran into some senor folk who think the same; that it was a tragic event that we failed to prevent, and should learn from.

I feel the media is a large part in stirring up baseless fears and misunderstanding as mainstream American journalism and news stations are shit and are based around ratings and entertainment. That combined with people who do not understand our long history with the middle-east can be a bad combination.

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 14:08:26

At 11/26/14 01:52 PM, ManDeep wrote: I'm not much for posting pictures on the internet, but i just so happened to have found a picture today on this very subject and i think it is very very funny, i thought i'd share it with you bros!

PS: If you don't get the joke, i can explain it to you if you want me to lol :pp

Oh fuck you I came in this thread and was just about ready to post that image and you had to come along and do it first you little faggerino

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 14:09:44

Also obviously 9/11 happened recently and many many people can actually clearly remember it, so it's a lot more culturally relevant.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
we forgot hiroshima was in the 40's

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 14:12:54

At 11/26/14 01:52 PM, ManDeep wrote: I'm not much for posting pictures on the internet, but i just so happened to have found a picture today on this very subject and i think it is very very funny, i thought i'd share it with you bros!

PS: If you don't get the joke, i can explain it to you if you want me to lol :pp

Mandeep, i really, really, really like this image.

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 14:24:11

At 11/26/14 02:21 PM, Loki wrote: Obviously, they used that event as an excuse to invade Irak,

that's the second time I've seen "Iraq" spelled that way today what is happening

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 14:25:04

At 11/26/14 02:06 PM, ManDeep wrote: Here's another golden oldie, please enjoy it and/or have a sensible chuckle.
Don't laugh too hard though, because you might die from asphyxiation or cardiac arrest like King Martin of Aragon did in 1410 or Thomas Urquhart in 1660 after hearing the news that Charles the second had taken the English Throne.

dis is extrmly offensif tht comik shuld be band evryon wth a thred of intelagents nose tht 9/11 was a cunspercy therist perpatraded bye the us govermint nd u shuldnt jokee abot thees thngs whn jorje waashingtun speeked of FREEDOM og speeach nd FREEEDOM oh guns and arms he wuld be rollin rollin rollin rolin in his greave at this endjustace....i just hpe u sceke the trooth nd real eyes tht not evrthng is wat is sceams....open ur peepers sheepers,,,,,,

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 14:36:16

At 11/26/14 02:19 PM, ManDeep wrote: While we're on the topic of 4chan, i came across this post today. I wanted to reply to it but was banned for spamming. Is there something you want to confess you little shit?

Oh wow that made me chuckle, but that was in fact not me at all. I did that to Wegra once, but it was on youtube, when I randomly stumbled upon a comment he made.
I am definitely not that guy though, but I urge whoever made the comment to come forward and get a medal.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 14:36:56 (edited 2014-11-26 14:37:30)

I know, right? 9/11 was actually so insignificant, the US president back then was more concerned for the plot of the book he was reading at that moment than for the events at the world trade center.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 14:54:31

At 11/26/14 02:24 PM, Jester wrote:
At 11/26/14 02:21 PM, Loki wrote: Obviously, they used that event as an excuse to invade Irak,
that's the second time I've seen "Iraq" spelled that way today what is happening

It looks kinda better with a k.

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 15:02:47

At 11/26/14 01:44 PM, darkjam wrote: OK before I get banned or this thread gets locked, I'd just like to say that I do believe 9/11 was a pretty horrific event.

Now that's out of the way, does anyone else think Americans just milk the event and are way too butthurt over it? Two buildings get destroyed, 2,996 killed and 6,000+ injured, yet America nuked Japan, twice, not even once, and left 90,000–166,000 killed in Hiroshima and 39,000–80,000 killed in Nagasaki. Exactly why are Americans crying so much over 9/11 and yet you never hear Japan mentioning these nuclear attacks much.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki are pretty milked as it is. The firebombings of Tokyo killed more than Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Over 124,711 died and 125,00 were wounded (who later died). I pointed out in a thread a while ago that much of the war in the pacific is overlooked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Tokyo#B-29_raids

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 15:13:40

At 11/26/14 02:06 PM, ManDeep wrote: Here's another golden oldie, please enjoy it and/or have a sensible chuckle.
Don't laugh too hard though, because you might die from asphyxiation or cardiac arrest like King Martin of Aragon did in 1410 or Thomas Urquhart in 1660 after hearing the news that Charles the second had taken the English Throne.

To be fair, that could explain the "truthers" when it comes to the conspiracy in regards to the event. Not to mention how they would try to connect everything to a defunct organization that they believed to be satanic.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 15:41:45

While Japan got nuked by the Americans and a lot more people died, it wasn't a terrorist attack. Remember when Japan got nuked it was during WWII while American got attacked out of nowhere by terrorists from Iraq.

So while there were more deaths in Japan which was a horrific day for the Japanese, it was as I pointed out at a time of war when things like this would be expected to happen unlike with America.

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 15:53:54 (edited 2014-11-26 15:57:24)

At 11/26/14 01:44 PM, darkjam wrote: yet America nuked Japan, twice, not even once, and left 90,000–166,000 killed in Hiroshima and 39,000–80,000 killed in Nagasaki.

Now that's a ton of people! I've always felt like Japan got over those bombings surprisingly fast considering the massive loss of life. Even if it was sixty years ago, you'd think they'd resent the US a bit more, that the enmity would move on through the generations of all those who lost their lives that day... though I guess it'd something they'd want to forget, whereas the US does seem to intentionally be bringing back the 9/11 memories. Maybe to give people a reason to support the ongoing war on terrorism, with all the financial/human losses this eternal fight entails.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-26 22:12:22

At 11/26/14 03:41 PM, LittleWashu wrote: While Japan got nuked by the Americans and a lot more people died, it wasn't a terrorist attack. Remember when Japan got nuked it was during WWII while American got attacked out of nowhere by terrorists from Iraq.

Um...there is a problem with the last part which is where much of the flak Bush received came from. People generally felt that he deviated too much attention from Afghanistan and Pakistan to Iraq.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-27 00:13:00

At 11/26/14 10:44 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: I like watching the 9/11 memorials when they broadcast them live, because what happens is the camera always lands on some woman in the audience who just looks bored out of her mind, and then when she realises she's on film she starts acting all upset and moved

Even though 9/11 was pretty bad, you're very right. Many people don't seem to care.

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-27 00:41:57

I remember a similar topic coming up when we still had the chat.

I mentioned that the firebombings of Dresden were far more horrific than 9/11 ever was.

"Hurr durr German was enemy" they said, "It saved lives by ending the war quicker" they said.

Yes. A city with little military significance was a gr8 target to be carpet bombed. Murrica strong.

But then Murrica's shiny towers got knocked down. And Murrica said "Muh terrorism!"

And then the destruction of two buildings led to a massive rape of the freedom of every Murrican. And then they used it as justification to start a few wars with some people who wear funny clothing.

And if you disagree with any of these actions, you are a terrorist, and you're supporting terrorists. Wanting freedom or privacy makes you literally worse than Hitler. So you must be monitored constantly so as to keep you from having any free thought.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
MURRICA STRONG

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-27 03:47:07

Taken from America (The Book) by the Daily Show writers:

2000 Massacred Congolese= 500 Drowned Bangladeshis= 45 Fire-bombed Iraqis= 12 Car-bombed Europeans= 1 Snipered American

That was a while back, I think you'd need at least 100 Fire-bombed Iraqis to attract any mainstream media attention. For myself, I'm over 9/11 and roll my eyes when they replay that shit. Media got a hard-on for tragedy and bloodshed. No exaggeration to say that if it bleeds it leads.

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-28 03:17:38

At 11/26/14 02:19 PM, ManDeep wrote: I wanted to reply to it but was banned for spamming.

How the fuck do you get banned on 4chan? I made a thread on /v/ bitching about the mods and I never got banned.

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-28 06:48:16

At 11/26/14 01:44 PM, darkjam wrote: OK before I get banned or this thread gets locked, I'd just like to say that I do believe 9/11 was a pretty horrific event.

YEAH BUT MUTHAFAKING PEARL HARBOURZZZZ MAN!

No but seriously, I can understand people who were injured and those who lost their relatives in the event holding grudge and just crying about it all the time.

But people who weren't affected by it in such ways, I'd say time to stop being so fucking dramatic about it, sure it's alright to be angry about it since it was a terrorist attack, but no need for making a scene

BBS Signature

Response to Americans Milking 9/11? 2014-11-28 09:00:57

I wouldn't say we "milk" the event. It was a complete wake up call to how corrupt the media and government really is.

For example: the clap test. See how many times you can clap while watching some of the footage. Could you clap once per floor? If so, you might be a robot or world record holder.

Obviously, the families who were directly affected are close to our hearts but I would wager the majority of Americans truly believe something fishy was up, the other portion being afraid to speak out against it in fear of being labeled "unpatriotic"...

Even though it takes a true Patriot to seek and speak the truth.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature