00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

snoozerzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help, Syncing Issues = Stress

418 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help, Syncing Issues = Stress 2014-11-25 00:30:52

Okay so I have created an animation which includes mostly audio files i recorded on audacity as well as a few from findsounds.com. I have been animating the actions and mouths frame by frame to the audio and it runs fine while in the little scene preview within flash. Once I export the file or hit Ctrl + Enter for a preview outside of the little work space, the audio goes off sync, but not until about half way through the clip. It is all perfectly lined up until this one "clapping" noise which just throws everything off.
I have tried moving the audio back and forth to line it up, nothing changes. I have tried increasing and decreasing the FPS of the video, doesn't change much besides throwing the audio off even more. I have also tried changing the audio file from Stream to Event or Start, and none of this troubleshooting will work.
Does anyone have any honest help for me to get this animation fixed? I am over halfway done and this is annoying me but i don't want to abandon my project :(. Please Help.

Thanks Groundies,
-GingerPale

Response to Help, Syncing Issues = Stress 2014-11-25 20:14:34

Hrrmmm.
I can think of a couple of things that might be able to fix it.
I'm no expert, but there might be a way to get around it.

Option#1
Try exporting your movie as a .wav sound, then import this sound file into Flash. That way all of your audio will be on a single keyframe in the project. See if doing that will keep it in sync for the whole video.

Option #2
Make a copy of your project, from there, use this copy to chop the movie into multiple parts. Making them smaller. If the individual pieces are all in snyc in .swf form, you can then combine them with Swivel and turn them into a single MP4 file.

Option #3
Try removing the clapping sound keyframe, then create a new keyframe and add the same sound.
Maybe that keyframe got corrupted somehow. Try experimenting with that one sound and see if it could potentially be the reason that the audio gets thrown off sync.

Hope this helps! If it doesn't; don't give up. There is bound to be a way to get the audio in sync somehow. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Help, Syncing Issues = Stress 2014-11-25 20:53:11

At 11/25/14 08:14 PM, Syrupmasterz wrote: Hrrmmm.
I can think of a couple of things that might be able to fix it.
I'm no expert, but there might be a way to get around it.

Option#1
Try exporting your movie as a .wav sound, then import this sound file into Flash. That way all of your audio will be on a single keyframe in the project. See if doing that will keep it in sync for the whole video.

Option #2
Make a copy of your project, from there, use this copy to chop the movie into multiple parts. Making them smaller. If the individual pieces are all in snyc in .swf form, you can then combine them with Swivel and turn them into a single MP4 file.

Option #3
Try removing the clapping sound keyframe, then create a new keyframe and add the same sound.
Maybe that keyframe got corrupted somehow. Try experimenting with that one sound and see if it could potentially be the reason that the audio gets thrown off sync.

Hope this helps! If it doesn't; don't give up. There is bound to be a way to get the audio in sync somehow. :)

SOLVED IT

Hey thanks Syrup Master :) I figured it out! in the Publish Settings i had to change the Audio stream and event from MP3 to ADPCM :) It worked after that! I will try to have this up by tomorrow if i cant finish it today! Im still pretty new to Animation!

Response to Help, Syncing Issues = Stress 2014-11-25 22:39:17

Glad to hear it!
Best of luck with your animation. :)

BBS Signature