00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yamusy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I need game suggestions.

2,417 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to I need game suggestions. 2014-11-11 11:06:16

At 11/11/14 02:07 AM, oobooglunk wrote: Journey. I have a friend with very similar gaming tastes, and Journey is one of her favorites.

Journey seems interesting. Will definitely share that with her - thanks :D

At 11/11/14 05:28 AM, sharpnova wrote:
At 11/8/14 04:27 AM, Zhon wrote: I'll be eternally grateful for any suggestions :D feel free to post any games for the three platforms I mentioned. PC games can even be flash games if you can think of any great ones. Fire away!
My response will probably get drowned out by other replies, but that's a shame because my response will be the absolute best by a mile.

I've been picking out games for sister and wife for awhile. I know what chicks like. You didn't even need to list her likes/dislikes. They all fell fully into the exact assumptions I would have made solely based on her gender.

Here are some games she will love:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

On the list :)

Gone Home

Played it

Dear Esther

Played it

Unfinished Swan

Could be interesting. Will check this one out.

Journey
Flower

Looked into this one before, thought it was pretty interesting but she didn't seem to like it.

Mind: Path to Thalamus

This one looks great. Will check it out.

A Story About My Uncle

Interesting, but not for her. Too much platforming.

Limbo

Played it.

Thomas Was Alone

Don't think she'd be interested - too 2D platformy, looks more platform skill based than puzzle based.

Broken Age

Played it.

Botanicula

Not usually into point and click games but it looks awesome, may check this one out.

The Cave

Interesting - will check this one out.

Child of Light

This looks frickin awesome, but the turn based combat might turn her away from it. We'll see :)

Bioshock 1, 2, Infinite+Burial at Sea

Played, played, played it :)

You're welcome.

Wow, that was quite a good list. You were right haha. Thanks for all those!

At 11/11/14 09:40 AM, argile wrote: Okay So I picked like 7 out of 156 games out of my steam wishlist,Do you think she'd like these?
Road Not Taken

This looks really cool, she likes Spryfox too so it could be a good one.

La-Mulana

Too 2D platformy.

The Escapists

This looks interesting too. Didn't think it'd be good at first, but seems really fun.

Crazy Taxi

Played it.

GT Legends

Racing games are usually a no, unless they're really unique.

Air Conflicts - Secret Wars

Doesn't like games focused on flying, especially flying combat.

Sentris

Seems interesting but definitely not for $20.

Whew! Thanks for all those suggestions. Got a pretty good list going now. I'll sort through these and post an updated list later. We'll probably go through the yes/maybes later this week.

(>'-')>

Response to I need game suggestions. 2014-11-11 11:30:32

At 11/11/14 11:21 AM, Monster-64 wrote: Based on what you've said, here are some games off the top of my head:
Terraria

Saw this already, it's a maybe

ROBLOX

Nawp

Tropico (it's like sims)

Saw it, she liked it but wanted something a little more away from the sims (understand she's played that series basically since it came out)

If she likes dark humor, get Postal 2

Nah

Portal 1&2

Played and played

I would suggest Pokemon or XCOM, but she doesn't seem to like any games. :P

Not into either of those

(>'-')>

Response to I need game suggestions. 2014-11-11 13:20:41

At 11/11/14 11:31 AM, Monster-64 wrote:
At 11/11/14 11:30 AM, Zhon wrote:
I've failed you.

You have dishonored your family.

(>'-')>

Response to I need game suggestions. 2014-11-12 00:48:05

At 11/11/14 11:06 AM, Zhon wrote: Whew! Thanks for all those suggestions. Got a pretty good list going now. I'll sort through these and post an updated list later. We'll probably go through the yes/maybes later this week.

Couple comments. Thomas Was Alone is purely puzzle based. Requires little to no platforming skill. It just has a really lovely narrative and awesome atmosphere.

And the Child of Light turn based combat really was a big turnoff for the chicks I had try it. So you might be right there.

One more suggestion I forgot about: Unmechanical.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211180/

And Machinarium if I forgot to list it.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))