00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Masterbaiter60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Alcohol

969 Views | 25 Replies

Alcohol 2014-11-07 21:17:20

Who here occasionally drinks? I do once in a while, but I avoid making it a daily thing as I'd rather not get addicted to it. I usually drink enough to get a bit relaxed but not drunk. I have tried beer, and white wine (wine tastes better IMO, and the aftertaste is interesting).

derp

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-07 21:20:26

When I was 14 I tried straight tequila and wasn't expecting it to burn as much as it did and I choked on it and I was still able to feel it in my chest like fifteen minutes later

I like it now though

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-07 21:22:12

inb4 all of the worthless unfunny wankers calling OP a pussy for not getting completely fucked on a daily basis, despite almost all of them not being old enough to drink anyway.

To answer the question: No. I don't drink at all. I've just never seen the need, tbh. IMO, it's actually more fun if you're the only sober one left in the room... you can pull sooooo many pranks on people and they never realise it's you screwing up their night. >:D

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-07 21:38:42

I drink too much, and I kinda hate that.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-07 21:43:11

I am one of those people who tells the truth when drunk

In other words . Not around people I don't like

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-07 21:44:11

At 11/7/14 09:22 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: inb4 all of the worthless unfunny wankers calling OP a pussy for not getting completely fucked on a daily basis, despite almost all of them not being old enough to drink anyway.

I can only think of one user who would do that.

I drink from time to time, not enough to get smashed, just enough after a long day to feel good. Usually go with some Heineken (my mother lands booze) or some Jack Daniels.

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~

~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-07 21:55:29

I drink a verity of wines, liqueurs, and beers on an occasional basis.

The type of wine depends highly on season, and the meal, as far as beer goes I really like English brown ales, and the liqueurs are dependent on if I want to mix something, or just drink it straight.

I've never been drunk though, I don't like the being impaired in anyway, and I consider that somewhat irresponsible.

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-07 23:00:42

Not often. And I've never thrown up afterwards so there's always that.

I think both sides are kind of retarded about it though. On the one side you have people who are very anti-drinking and think even occasional drinking makes someone a raging alcoholic and blame pretty much every social ill on it, using it as a scapegoat. On the other side you have genuine alcoholics proud of how much they can drink daily.

Really though there are a couple of sane options here.
- Don't drink but respect people who choose to drink responsibly.
- Drink responsibly.

I think, yeah if you have to have a drink every day or even every few days you might have a problem. But if you have some drinks at a party or for an occasional night out or something and as long as you're not drunk driving, what's the problem?

It's the same with anything though -- in moderation is probably fine. But unfortunately you'll always have extremists who can't tell the difference between "in moderation" and "all day every day" as well. Yes because that person who has an occasional beer is exactly the same as the person who's always blasted and throwing up all over the place while yelling at people in unintelligible babble before driving their car while swigging away as they're driving. *facepalm*

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-07 23:17:58

I used to be completely against drinking. Thought it was stupid, a massive multi-faceted industry (produce, car insurance, funerals) that evolved from a society seeking ways compatible with religion to double their efficiency in superficially dealing with regret and anger.

Still kinda feel that way, but I drink on occasion. Mostly with friends, sometimes at 2 AM by myself playing MMOs because idiots are funnier when you're drunk. I like vodka with apple cider. Cider ale is great too. Got a bottle of real quality sake imported from Japan for a graduation gift - strange, acquired taste, but worth every penny. Also, I hate beer. I'm on a sympathetic 9 month hiatus from alcohol though :)

(>'-')>

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 00:05:17

I love drinking craft beer. I'm having one right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 00:09:33

I never drink alone.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 01:12:03

I sometimes pour a little bit of rum into my root beer or something, but it doesn't really do anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 01:27:05

I used to especially when I was underage (16-20 especially), like about once or twice a month, I'd drink enough to get buzzed and once when I was 16 I drank enough that I vomited, though I think it's also because I also got food poisoning from a Korean restaurant. I also do believe I threw up because of drinking a second time, I think of because of too much vodka.

Now, being 21, I try not to drink too much because it obviously can become a bad habit. I haven't had a sip of alcohol since about 10 days and I don't plan on having any anytime soon (maybe on Christmas or New Years Day).

Though, when I drink, I like to have vodka or some type of hard liquor. I used to drink beer and wine and will still on occasions but I don't care for it much anymore.

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 01:28:16

Cheap beer gives me a nice buzz, I never go further than that though, because I hate the pain afterwards.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 09:41:26

At 11/7/14 09:43 PM, DjGubkafish wrote: I am one of those people who tells the truth when drunk

In other words . Not around people I don't like

That does make sense since telling the truth is often easier than making up lies.

derp

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 09:49:49

When i was 3 or 4 years old i drank a small bottle of whiskey or whatever it was by myself.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 10:18:57

I do not drink alcohol, I avoid poison.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 10:46:25

I drink occasionally, but I follow a strict set of rules:

- Never when I have to drive (obviously)
- Never at work
- Never in front of my parents
- No wine, 'cause it tastes awful
- And last but not least, if I can't have fun sober, then I don't need to have fun drunk.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 14:49:15 (edited 2014-11-08 14:49:31)

I don't drink alcohol. The only time I drank alcohol was when I was 2 or something I drank the entire glass of my mom's wine when she didn't look.

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 15:45:36

every once and a while.
had half a beer yesterday.
before that i had some drinks at a bowling alley on halloween

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 15:47:41 (edited 2014-11-08 15:48:15)

At 11/8/14 10:46 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: I drink occasionally, but I follow a strict set of rules:

- Never when I have to drive (obviously)
- Never at work
- Never in front of my parents
- No wine, 'cause it tastes awful
- And last but not least, if I can't have fun sober, then I don't need to have fun drunk.

I do almost the same thing except i love wine and i can't drive.
only with friends.

it would be rare for me to drink alone.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 15:58:19

I very rarely drink, but when I do, it's usually when I'm with a crowd. And I'm not the kind of guy who drinks for the flavor, either.

BBS Signature

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 21:01:00 (edited 2014-11-08 21:06:58)

Generally yes, though nowadays, I try to limit my alcohol intake due to it becoming somewhat of a problem these past few months.

A breakup and college-related stress will do that, but in general I've never been one who's exactly great at moderation.

I find that I can moderate liquor a hell of a lot better than I can beer; usually with most people, the opposite tends to be true. With beer, I can just down several of them fairly rapidly, which obviously causes problems. In the case of liquor, it's easier for me to space it out. Not sure why, just is for some reason.

Though in general today, I tend not to seek out alcohol just for the sake of having a drink. Need to have my wits about me.

Signature...Ha...

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 22:44:07

At 11/8/14 10:17 PM, Xenomit wrote: I don't need alcohol to have fun, I've got too much of a fun loving happy-go-lucky personality for drinks to be necessary

You know, I definitely agree with this.

I think if someone wants to have a drink, okay, but if they *need* to have a drink then there's definitely something wrong.
You shouldn't *need* to have a drink. That'd make you an alcoholic if you did.

I think that's the line right there.

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-08 22:57:33

At 11/8/14 10:52 PM, Xenomit wrote: Well, like any substance, you should only ever want alcohol, needing it means that something is wrong

That's why I always get frustrated when people make the claim that someone is a boring no-lifer if they don't like alcohol, that would imply that you need alcohol to have fun, or even to have more fun, both of which are very wrong

Oh I agree entirely. I think part of the problem though is people who are normally way too inhibited so they need something as an excuse to let go of some inhibitions.

Better to just do what you want rather than have to have some alcohol or drugs before you can do what you want.

Response to Alcohol 2014-11-16 18:38:18

No. I haven't had a drink in like 3 years now.

Amicum cum volo illi sunt bonum habere

Pro amor Deus, Satanus et populus christianus.

Pater noster qui in infernis

BBS Signature