00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LimeIsHere just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favorite Deceased Artist?

522 Views | 12 Replies

Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-22 21:56:35

What is an artist of yours that you love but died? How did they die?

My favorite artist is Bradley Nowell. This man was one of my most influential spirit teachers other than Big L. I've actually started singing because of the soul in his voice that I want to build upon.

He overdosed on Heroin on May 25, 1996. Two months later, the album that would make his band, Sublime go big was released.

RIP Bradley Nowell 1968-1996

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-22 22:01:40

Bradley Nowell, singer and lead guitarist of Sublime, died May 25, 1996 of a heroin overdose.

Response to Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-22 22:02:04

h.r. giger

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-22 22:28:21

Michael Bay

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-22 22:34:54

Michael Jackson because I can't remember any other at the moment.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-22 22:41:34

At 10/22/14 10:34 PM, Gimmick wrote: Michael Jackson because I can't remember any other at the moment.

Meh. Michael Jackson is vastly overrated.

Response to Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-22 22:58:32

Moebius.

"Now I'm a private eye-cum-negotiator..."

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-22 23:22:32

Notorius Big. Baby baby.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-22 23:25:55

Warren zevon-Mesothelioma
Sang Werewolves of london and a whole lot of other great songs.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-23 00:26:06

amy winehouse. the soul in her voice will forever go unparalleled. artists today and tomorrow will never not be called out for trying to mimic her sound, anything close to it can only be described as amy winehouse-esque, and in a few years people will realize this and it will be a big deal. her talent and music was overshadowed by her drug and alcohol abuse and i'm not one to dwell on that since i didn't know her personally, but her death was tragic nonetheless. avoidable, tragic, we lost a good one that day.

gaydemocrat: i just found a seed in my dope

gaydemocrat: this is a fucking outrage

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-23 04:22:52

At 10/22/14 09:56 PM, Nickisabi wrote: What is an artist of yours that you love but died? How did they die?

Micheal David "Eyedea" Larsen, accidental overdose on prescription medication.

My favorite artist is Bradley Nowell. This man was one of my most influential spirit teachers other than Big L.

Big L? You mean THE Big L? You mean the "Devil's Son" Big L? You mean the "L Coreleone" Big L? You mean the "Because I'm all about ends and skins, when you got that you don't need no motherfuckin friends" Big L? He was your spiritual teacher?

I'm not trying to judge, because I love Big L myself, but other than that "Street Struck" song, he didn't seem to offer much spiritual guidance...

I've actually started singing because of the soul in his voice that I want to build upon.

He overdosed on Heroin on May 25, 1996. Two months later, the album that would make his band, Sublime go big was released.

RIP Bradley Nowell 1968-1996

Sounds pretty similar to James "Baby Huey" Ramey, frontman for Baby Huey and the Baby Sitters. Overdosed on that H before his first album was released. RIP to all of 'em.

Response to Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-23 07:48:46

Bob Ross.

I mean that guy could paint. And he's deceased. And he was an artist.

Plus he seemed like a genuinely good guy. And how many white guys do you know who can sport an afro huh? How many? Bob Ross could!

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Favorite Deceased Artist? 2014-10-23 07:54:23

I'll go with Adolf Hitler.