00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tophat1607 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

probably a stupid question but..

490 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

probably a stupid question but.. 2014-10-21 19:23:44

Okay so the other day I started working on a flash animation, and somehow i made my timeline window all huge and extremely awkward. Does anybody know how I can change the size of this?

probably a stupid question but..

Response to probably a stupid question but.. 2014-10-21 22:20:31

At 10/21/14 07:23 PM, ErikMasters wrote: Okay so the other day I started working on a flash animation, and somehow i made my timeline window all huge and extremely awkward. Does anybody know how I can change the size of this?

If you don't mind losing your layout, then go to Window (top menu) ==> Workspaces and then click on some other layout.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to probably a stupid question but.. 2014-10-22 05:52:46

I've very interested how you managed this, but you probably don't know.

Who on earth would want their timeline this big? Even if your sight was bad, it wouldn't be very practical.

Response to probably a stupid question but.. 2014-10-22 07:51:08

At 10/21/14 07:23 PM, ErikMasters wrote: Okay so the other day I started working on a flash animation, and somehow i made my timeline window all huge and extremely awkward. Does anybody know how I can change the size of this?

Wow. That is actually impressive.

Play my epic RPG - The Awakening - and your life will change forever!

... but I'm legally obligated not to say that.

Response to probably a stupid question but.. 2014-10-22 19:40:24

I was playing around with the Flash IDE to see if I could replicate that and I managed to, albeit on Windows so I cannot guarantee the same will be on OSX.

Anyway, I discovered that if you hold down your middle-mouse button and scroll at the same time with the mouse after giving the timeline focus (i.e. clicking on it), it will change the size of the timeline. Holding down ALT while doing that will make it only increase its size horizontally. I'm guessing that it will be the same on OSX, so give that a try.

Response to probably a stupid question but.. 2014-10-23 09:49:47

At 10/22/14 07:40 PM, Diki wrote: Anyway, I discovered that if you hold down your middle-mouse button and scroll at the same time with the mouse after giving the timeline focus (i.e. clicking on it), it will change the size of the timeline. Holding down ALT while doing that will make it only increase its size horizontally. I'm guessing that it will be the same on OSX, so give that a try.

OH MY GOODNESS! I bet even some of the FLASH IDE developers don't even know that's possible.

Response to probably a stupid question but.. 2014-10-24 07:19:31

Go to top right where it says 'classic', select reset workspace and it should resize all the panels.

Response to probably a stupid question but.. 2014-10-25 05:06:13

At 10/24/14 07:19 AM, GrahamNG wrote: Go to top right where it says 'classic', select reset workspace and it should resize all the panels.

Ahh. Back to normal. Thank you GrahamNG and everyone else for your suggestions

Response to probably a stupid question but.. 2014-10-25 07:48:42

At 10/25/14 05:06 AM, ErikMasters wrote:
At 10/24/14 07:19 AM, GrahamNG wrote: Go to top right where it says 'classic', select reset workspace and it should resize all the panels.
Ahh. Back to normal. Thank you GrahamNG and everyone else for your suggestions

Happy I could help :)