00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Daveman4298 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to bucket fill only a part

406 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How to bucket fill only a part 2014-10-18 11:05:22

I've used the pen tool to draw an image of a person and after finishing I'm trying to bucket fill the various colors of the picture. When I bucket fill, it recognizes the whole shape of the picture and fills it all but doesn't cover any of the pen lines. I don't quite get it. How do I fill only a small segment which has been clearly separated from the rest by black lines?

How to bucket fill only a part

I write lyrics as if I didn't write them

I never realize the words I write down

I feel music, and every word that can express my emotion runs through my head at the same time

BBS Signature

Response to How to bucket fill only a part 2014-10-18 22:11:23

Response to How to bucket fill only a part 2014-10-19 00:37:15

*Cough* Brush tool is best *cough* *Cough* Ok. The pen tool is really weird. Best thing to do is to zoom in and make sure your lines are closed. Best thing is to over lap your lines a little and with the pen tool it's easy to delete the overlapped part. Really that should fix it. Again I don't like the pen tool because of how uncomfortable it is to me.

BBS Signature

Response to How to bucket fill only a part 2014-10-19 08:31:35

At 10/18/14 11:05 AM, Cayler wrote: I've used the pen tool to draw an image of a person and after finishing I'm trying to bucket fill the various colors of the picture. When I bucket fill, it recognizes the whole shape of the picture and fills it all but doesn't cover any of the pen lines. I don't quite get it. How do I fill only a small segment which has been clearly separated from the rest by black lines?

You have gaps in your line and have the fill tool set to not fill any gaps.

In your toolbar, you see the very bottom left icon that looks like a circle? Click that and you can set it to fill spaces in your lines of different sizes.