00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sodacomics just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Death Of Wolverine...

1,767 Views | 25 Replies

Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-16 07:55:13

Goodbye my six clawed friend *snikts.* We had many ninjas slaughtered and heartwarming moments with surrogate daughters.

But as the sun rises,
So it must set.
Until you rise again,
In the issue next.

#DeathOfWolverine

@ThatNJWriter

Death Of Wolverine...

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-16 08:42:33

Alright, then.

When'll the funeral take place?

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-16 19:32:47

Wolverine will always be remembered.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-16 19:58:25

Fuck man, it really does tug at your heart that he's actually gone.

So when are they going to bring him back to life?

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-16 20:09:07

Finally that fucker is dead. When we fingers me he makes me bleed.

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-16 20:59:13

Are there any Marvel or DC characters left that haven't died?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-17 00:47:50

Wolverine will be back before you know it.

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-17 03:08:07

Yeah this is legit but they'll revive him in the next issue prolly.

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~

~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-17 03:36:02

At 10/17/14 03:08 AM, CresIsis wrote: Yeah this is legit but they'll revive him in the next issue prolly.

With perhaps some new form of knowledge/ability as a bonus.

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-17 08:26:52

He will rise again...

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-17 12:06:47

Well thats a load of bs. How does one just suddenly lose the power that made them practically immortal?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-17 14:47:09

Wolverine is too popular to be left for dead.

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 04:41:14

At 10/17/14 02:49 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 10/17/14 02:47 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Wolverine is too popular to be left for dead.
Well it's pretty obvious that he'll return, did anyone ever think his death would be permanent? That's just stupid.

Learn English, you idiot.

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 04:46:04

At 10/16/14 08:35 AM, ManDeep wrote: I think Wolverine is portrayed way too sexualized in that picture because i'm starting to feel confused and tingly inside even though i am looking at a corpse. The artist was knowingly trying to develop necrophilic tendencies in whoever would read the comic issue and that triggers me timbers. Please put trigger warnings next time you post such a blatant sexualized picture.

Thank you.

Death is pretty sexy with it's non-existent eyes and it's pale white skeletal structure. Clearly a strong independent black woman.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 06:37:10

At 10/18/14 05:27 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 10/18/14 04:41 AM, lastmage wrote:
At 10/17/14 02:49 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 10/17/14 02:47 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Wolverine is too popular to be left for dead.
Well it's pretty obvious that he'll return, did anyone ever think his death would be permanent? That's just stupid.
Learn English, you idiot.
lolwhat?

Sorry, it was a bit mean, and I forgot that not everyone is decent at English.

I was a bit too annoyed.

Have you studied English before?

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 07:15:35

On-topic, I'm on board with everyone else that its only a matter of time before they revive him. With all the cash Hugh Jackman is raking in for the character in the big box office, this is clearly just one of those publicity stunts to try and boost comic sales....it would actually be a refreshing and interesting change of pace if Logan stayed dead from this...but Marvel has been running out of ideas for years. They're about to kick up a new Civil War in their universe, AGAIN... they don't have the guts to keep this cash cow dead and gone.

At 10/18/14 06:37 AM, lastmage wrote:

I was a bit too annoyed.

You've made three posts, and 2/3rds of them are criticizing Amaranthus over nothing.

Seriously, I read Ama's post that you responded with "Learn English, you idiot" several times repeatedly, and I don't know what the hell you're on about.

Even still, you'll fit right in. Welcome to the BBS, late-bloomer.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 07:23:58

At 10/18/14 07:15 AM, Phobotech wrote: On-topic, I'm on board with everyone else that its only a matter of time before they revive him. With all the cash Hugh Jackman is raking in for the character in the big box office, this is clearly just one of those publicity stunts to try and boost comic sales....it would actually be a refreshing and interesting change of pace if Logan stayed dead from this...but Marvel has been running out of ideas for years. They're about to kick up a new Civil War in their universe, AGAIN... they don't have the guts to keep this cash cow dead and gone.

At 10/18/14 06:37 AM, lastmage wrote:

I was a bit too annoyed.

You've made three posts, and 2/3rds of them are criticizing Amaranthus over nothing.

Seriously, I read Ama's post that you responded with "Learn English, you idiot" several times repeatedly, and I don't know what the hell you're on about.

Even still, you'll fit right in. Welcome to the BBS, late-bloomer.

The reason why is because his post made me a bit annoyed, and thus I pointed out the flaw in his text that I could use to take out some of my anger.

I feel like people are assuming things like that too much nowadays, which really shows the pattern of most shows/comics/movies today.

It's okay to be cynical, but without any real proof displayed? That draws the line for me.

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 07:30:24 (edited 2014-10-18 07:31:03)

At 10/18/14 07:26 AM, Amaranthus wrote: @Phobotech, I PM'd lastmage a bit, and he's a proper cunt alright, don't pay attention to him.

Wow, really?
"Just tell me what mistake I made, lol, it was early when I posted it"

At 1 minute ago, lastmage wrote: At 13 minutes ago, Amaranthus wrote:

lolwhat?
"What's your problem? My English is fine."
"Oh yes, it very much is, but it certainly could use some improvements.

Don't worry, I fully understand you, and that's what's important, isn't it?"

Really? I'm a cunt? You're a cunt.

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 07:35:49

At 10/18/14 07:32 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 10/18/14 07:30 AM, lastmage wrote:
At 10/18/14 07:26 AM, Amaranthus wrote: @Phobotech, I PM'd lastmage a bit, and he's a proper cunt alright, don't pay attention to him.
Wow, really?
"Just tell me what mistake I made, lol, it was early when I posted it"
At 1 minute ago, lastmage wrote: At 13 minutes ago, Amaranthus wrote:
lolwhat?
"What's your problem? My English is fine."
"Oh yes, it very much is, but it certainly could use some improvements.

Don't worry, I fully understand you, and that's what's important, isn't it?"

Really? I'm a cunt? You're a cunt.
lmao, you keep claiming I made a mistake, when you refuse to point it out.
Good job at copy-pasting a PM though, you must be gifted or something.

I only refused it once, but told you that you have to ask me without using an excuse. Don't you think that you're being childish?

I'm sorry for the bad copy-pasta. I'm new, and don't know how to do it properly.

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 07:38:52 (edited 2014-10-18 07:39:18)

At 10/18/14 07:35 AM, lastmage wrote: I only refused it once, but told you that you have to ask me without using an excuse. Don't you think that you're being childish?

I think you're being childish by not actually arguing with him, but attacking him for fictional grammar problems.
Please stop, and enjoy the forums :)

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 07:42:49

At 10/18/14 07:37 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 10/18/14 07:35 AM, lastmage wrote:
At 10/18/14 07:32 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 10/18/14 07:30 AM, lastmage wrote:
At 10/18/14 07:26 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
I only refused it once, but told you that you have to ask me without using an excuse. Don't you think that you're being childish?

I'm sorry for the bad copy-pasta. I'm new, and don't know how to do it properly.
It wasn't an excuse, it was early when I posted it so I thought maybe that's why I looked over a possible error.
However, since you can't tell me what was wrong about my posts, and because Phobotech said there was nothing wrong with it, I will now stop taking you seriously.
Have a nice day!
<3

Please read the pm that I sent you about 20 minutes ago.

It clearly stated that the fact that you're using your mental state at the time as an excuse is laughable. If this was the case, which I don't doubt, then at this very instance, you'd be able to point out the mistake yourself.

Ask me without the morning excuse, and I will finally be able to point it out.

Trust me, I like correcting grammar, and teaching other people. I also like learning things, and I think that you too do that, so why not just ask? It requires like 20 seconds of writing.

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 07:43:31 (edited 2014-10-18 07:44:16)

At 10/18/14 07:23 AM, lastmage wrote:
The reason why is because his post made me a bit annoyed, and thus I pointed out the flaw in his text that I could use to take out some of my anger.

I feel like people are assuming things like that too much nowadays, which really shows the pattern of most shows/comics/movies today.

It's okay to be cynical, but without any real proof displayed? That draws the line for me.

Not once in this post do you mention anything about his english being fucked up. Where did "Learn english, idiot" come out of "hey, he's being cynical and I feel a bit annoyed by that."

You "taking out your anger" by just posting back and forth on a fucking forum is hilariously ineffective. I drank from that cup, and it don't quench...you are typing into an uphill shitstorm and all you're doing is annoying everybody else because you're derailing the topic of discussion over petty nonsense that has nothing to do with Wolverine's Death.

You typed: "It's okay to be cynical, but without any real proof displayed? That draws the line for me."

Well, where the fuck is your proof displayed over Amaranthus' poor english, or what would lead you to criticize his ability to type and speak it?

So uh...draws the line for you, then? Whats that line look like on ya, derp?

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 07:53:25 (edited 2014-10-18 07:53:41)

At 10/18/14 07:50 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Let's start talking about Wolverine again, guys.

I'm calling it now; his death here is in an alternate universe, and they'll simply pick him back up in a different timeline as if nothing happened.

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 08:03:38 (edited 2014-10-18 08:05:25)

At 10/18/14 07:57 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
lol at lastmage now attacking me in other threads, what a loser, lmao.

Its lonely at the top. For a guy that waited four years after creating his account to start posting, he sure is hitting the ground running in making some new friends.

The problem is permanently killing off any major character sucks. Every major character has its own fanbase, and getting rid of one for ever would just piss off said fanbase.

I kinda think it would be a shorter list to what comic book heroes have NEVER died...EVER. Any named comic book character I can think of has had their death drawn or implied, and when your character has a Healing Factor like Wolvie, there's nothing at stake...there's no tension at risk, because "Eh, its Wolverine...he's never in any REAL danger, he'll bounce back and win the day."

Like Superman, he's written to win. Like Superman, his death was a publicity stunt to get asses in the seat, buying comics again, and like Superman they're going to lazily write off this death here like "Its cool now, he got better!" and it'll be back to business as usual.

Didn't the last time they try killing off Wolverine he came back with Bone Claws instead of Adamantium?

BBS Signature

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 14:01:33

There were news stations that reported on Captain America dying.

He came back to life and there were news stations that reported on him dying AGAIN.

You really think this will last?

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Death Of Wolverine... 2014-10-18 14:08:03

At 10/18/14 02:01 PM, Ericho wrote: There were news stations that reported on Captain America dying.

He came back to life and there were news stations that reported on him dying AGAIN.

You really think this will last?

Yeah, these people aren't thinking this through.