00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Aging

1,010 Views | 21 Replies

Aging 2014-10-15 22:23:55

Just realized that, even though im still under 21 and cant even buy any grown up apple juice at the store, alot of my friends are younger than me, like two and three years younger. (isn't much, but it feels like a huge gap in terms of intelligence and experience) Also one of my best friends is almost 26 i believe?

Point is, and im asking from everyone, what are your friends like age wise? and do you experience the feelings i have.

also to Older NG vets, is this how it is for you, only exponential? Like being thirty and talking to or hanging out with twenty year olds or vice versa? do you feel like you dont really find alot in common with those of your own age?

Totally not a meth cook

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-15 22:32:52

At 10/15/14 10:23 PM, retro-704 wrote: Point is, and im asking from everyone, what are your friends like age wise? and do you experience the feelings i have.

Back when I did have friends in 2006-2009, they were all around my age because they were all in the same grade as me.

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-15 22:33:17

They're all around my age, more or less. A couple are like 16, but they're cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-15 22:46:45

friends i hang out with and talk to daily range from 18-28.

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-15 22:49:13 (edited 2014-10-15 22:50:57)

At 10/15/14 10:32 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote:
At 10/15/14 10:23 PM, retro-704 wrote: Point is, and im asking from everyone, what are your friends like age wise? and do you experience the feelings i have.
Back when I did have friends in 2006-2009, they were all around my age because they were all in the same grade as me.

My friends in school were all at least a year older than me because I was in the same grade as them.

At 9/9/99 9:59 PM, WahyaRanger wrote: cocaine

Snort lactose powder or something first.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-15 22:53:16

My "friends" are a few months older than me, but I can still see a gap in terms of intelligence and experience (them being the inferior).

I find it hard to make friends with people younger than me, because it frustrates me how stupid they are. I'm really impatient, so teaching people things that I taught myself in a couple of hours is hard, because they sound so dumb when they say stuff like "how do I _____________?".

I'm such an asshole </3

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-16 01:00:46

I just turned 21... most of my friends are my age. Ive been getting drunker than a hippopotamus and yet I dont notice a difference regardless my frieinds and I get down like gangstas.

Find me on gears pussies. Credit goes to Shaun for the dope sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-16 01:24:40

Just don't ever become one of those late teens to 20-somethings who mistakes "being mature" for liking or being into whatever stuff they happen to like or be into and "immature" for liking what they don't like. Holy shit are those people annoying. Also, ironically, those "maturity-obsessed" people are about as immature as humanly possible. They're also about as short-sighted and bigoted as humanly possible too. Seriously those guys just suck. Don't be one of those guys.

They're like those annoying kids who were always obsessed with being a "big boy" or "grownup" and literally never grew out of that phase once they hit adulthood.

Other than those idiots, age doesn't really matter, all things else taken into consideration. Level of education, background, interests, intelligence, and so on are far more important than some age number.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Aging 2014-10-16 02:47:45

At 10/16/14 12:35 AM, WahyaRanger wrote:
At 10/15/14 10:49 PM, Gimmick wrote: Snort lactose powder or something first.
I never got notified that you replied to me. Strange.

I didn't reply to you directly, I just wrote "At <sometime>, WahyahRanger wrote:" and then saw your name didn't have an extra h in it, and re-edited it back to WahyaRanger. Maybe that's why...

Regardless it's not me, I don't even smoke weed. I feel like this kid is going to end up in prison one day which is a shame because he could go far in life if he stopped being a fuckwit...

Yeah Ik it's not you. If he's a gullible guy, tell him that all drugs are like most meat, they taste like chicken

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-16 03:26:04

Well, the ones I spend time with are either older or younger than me, but I'd say the younger ones is a coincidence(through hobbies). Though, I do feel like I can relate more to older people, because I think of myself as being mature for my age.

Response to Aging 2014-10-16 04:38:50

At 10/16/14 01:24 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Just don't ever become one of those late teens to 20-somethings who mistakes "being mature" for liking or being into whatever stuff they happen to like or be into and "immature" for liking what they don't like

I feel like that isnt me at all, most things i consider mature i learn from people younger than me

Totally not a meth cook

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-16 06:46:45

At 10/15/14 10:44 PM, WahyaRanger wrote: Oh and then my one buddy is seriously considering doing cocaine. He's a card yo.

He sounds fairly hardcore. I'm very much entertaining the thought of henceforth introducing myself as 'Ejit -- the guy who is seriously considering doing cocaine'. I like that almost as much as Mighty Joe Jon: The Black Blonde.

Most of my friends are a few years older. It's fine, I suppose the main differences are that they have moved out of their parents'/parent's house and likely as a result aren't as interested in fannying about 'travelling'.

Response to Aging 2014-10-16 08:47:13

At 10/15/14 10:44 PM, WahyaRanger wrote: Oh and then my one buddy is seriously considering doing cocaine. He's a card yo.

Single file lines?!
SINGLE FILE LINES.

Response to Aging 2014-10-16 15:42:14 (edited 2014-10-16 15:43:05)

Most of my friends are the same age as me or either a few months younger or one year older.
Since I had to repeat 6th grade, I was always one year older than most classmates until I went to high school and everyone was surprisingly the same age as me, even the ones that skipped 6th grade but were still in the same class as me.
Now I am in college and I'm in a class with people around my age and people that are 7 years older than me.

Response to Aging 2014-10-16 16:50:28

Age is only a number.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-16 18:44:34

All my close friends are around my age. The youngest being 18 and the oldest 23.

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-16 23:30:44

When I talk to younger groups of people (21 or so) I don't feel like I fit in.
Most of my friends are mid 20's to 30's.

It's nice.

Response to Aging 2014-10-17 00:45:24

Friends?

What is this word you speak of?

Everybody i know is younger than me... and any people I used to know are all married and dealing with family life.

Ain't nobody got time fo dat

Response to Aging 2014-10-17 01:11:46

At 10/15/14 10:23 PM, retro-704 wrote: Point is, and im asking from everyone, what are your friends like age wise?

Have had zero contact with my friends since I graduated High School. But when I did talk to them and well....had any they were all my age or within a year or two younger or older than me.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-17 06:05:40

I'd say they are almost all within my age range, give or take 2/3 years either way. Although I find the older you get the wider that range goes.

BBS Signature

Response to Aging 2014-10-17 07:16:19

Most of my friends range from 17-26, am 20 myself. I feel that as I get older, I change (improve) in attitude, intelligence and experience. In contrary, I have some friends who have been stuck in one place and haven't really improved whatsoever since high school. Now that they're 20 they suddenly feel mature and they're obsessed with the concept of maturity. They look like kids playing grownup and have become some of the most immature people I know.
I like to party and do crazy shit while I still can, but at the same time develop as a person. A little gap has developed.

Luckily I've made new friends, kept the good ones and last year met my best friend, fuck those other people.

WANNA YOU WANNA WEENIE ME!?

Response to Aging 2014-10-31 00:12:51

At 10/30/14 10:40 PM, Monster-64 wrote: Most of my friends are at college, so for now, I'm pretty devoid of friends at high school now.

That's too bad, bro.