00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonBot just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ebola and Money

691 Views | 17 Replies

Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 14:35:42

I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this, but I sure hope someone has. So. What is the one thing that doesn't need regulation or a passport to cross any border? Money. Literally money has more rights than people do when it comes to travel, it could be in someones pocket, their bag, hell the wind could carry a dollar bill into a planes landing gear and it could stow away (kind of funny talking about a dollar bill like it's a criminal).

Which brings me to my point, what are the chances someone with ebola sweat or something onto a dollar, and it circulated somewhere else in the world, and someone with a cut on their finger touched it.

Is the world fucked?

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 14:44:36

Nice observation. I don't know if it could happen. Is it contagious enough to do that? Would the virus survive the trip? Also, someone might just pick it up and contract Ebola.

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 14:47:16 (edited 2014-10-15 14:54:14)

At 10/15/14 02:35 PM, DarkMatter wrote: I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this, but I sure hope someone has. So. What is the one thing that doesn't need regulation or a passport to cross any border? Money. Literally money has more rights than people do when it comes to travel, it could be in someones pocket, their bag, hell the wind could carry a dollar bill into a planes landing gear and it could stow away (kind of funny talking about a dollar bill like it's a criminal).

I can't say anything for certain about money and regulation about how it moves, but money and people are two different things, one is a medium of value, and the other is a living thing. Also regardless of how money moves, it will most likely be reported on taxes. Also, there are many different forms of money, each with a different way of moving and maybe a different set of regulation.

Which brings me to my point, what are the chances someone with ebola sweat or something onto a dollar, and it circulated somewhere else in the world, and someone with a cut on their finger touched it.

Is the world fucked?

the Ebola topic might be a better place to discuss this, but personally I am pretty sure the world is not fucked.

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 14:50:57

I got genital herpes from a toilet seat once.

BBS Signature

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 15:40:55

At 10/15/14 02:47 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
the Ebola topic might be a better place to discuss this, but personally I am pretty sure the world is not fucked.

So the topic at hand can get lost in a see of generalities? No... fuck that noise.

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 16:55:00

Actually, harmful bacteria and viruses are quite common on paper money.

The more you know.

Ebola and Money

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 19:37:02

I used to put coins in my mouth like they were candies when I was a kid.
Had a nice, steel-like taste to them.
Didn't get sick.

Anyway, it's not just money; any item can carry the disease-- money, however, gets around quicker than most items.

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 19:55:32

It's the 2014 EBOLACANE!

batten down your hatches

But if you think this year is bad, just wait for next year...

THE EBOLANAMI!

If you think money is bad- just think about how many ppl sneeze and puke all over ATMs and self checkouts.

Everytime you punch in your PIN code, you're punching in EBOLA

Imagine the economic fallout

Ebola and Money

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 20:34:27

I think Ebola needs host to survive

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 20:44:11

Money will never get sick, it will live forever.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 20:53:11

I don't think the virus is concentrated enough in sweat, now if they cut their finger and got a bit of blood on it, maybe under the right circumstances something could happen.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 23:37:39

At 10/15/14 04:55 PM, Bit wrote: Actually, harmful bacteria and viruses are quite common on paper money.

The more you know.

keep in mind folks not everyone keeps money in a sanitary place like their bras or their ass crack D=

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-15 23:46:54

I hope I do get Ebola! Ive been wanting to get on the news for awhile and if I have to die to get on then fuck it! Also money is always dirty thats why I jerk it whenever I get change.

Find me on gears pussies. Credit goes to Shaun for the dope sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-16 00:04:15

Not very feasible. The ebolavirus cannot survive for very long, if at all, outside a host.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-16 03:27:38

Anything could carry a disease anywhere. If some virus had a particularly long incubation period, it could lay dormant inside the passenger at an airport - no reason for it to have to be on a dollar bill.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-16 16:50:16

At 10/15/14 04:22 PM, K1LL80Y wrote: You're gonna die anyway who cares if it's from ebola or (anything else).

Stop worrying.

Because some methods of dieing are shittier than others.
Do you wanna die a slow, painful, weakening, destructive, crappy death?

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-16 18:39:33

OMG Eb0La WE're ALL G0N|\|A DIE!!!!1

If you put as much time into researching the disease as you did daydreaming about your untimely demise, you'd have read that Ebola doesn't survive outside of the body for more than a few hours. (Source: CDC) Just wash your hands and put on a bandage like a civilized fucking human being and you're okay.

If you're that concerned, use a credit/debit card.

Response to Ebola and Money 2014-10-18 22:37:05

At 10/16/14 06:39 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: OMG Eb0La WE're ALL G0N|\|A DIE!!!!1

If you put as much time into researching the disease as you did daydreaming about your untimely demise, you'd have read that Ebola doesn't survive outside of the body for more than a few hours. (Source: CDC) Just wash your hands and put on a bandage like a civilized fucking human being and you're okay.

If you're that concerned, use a credit/debit card.

well that's the case for dry surfaces, you see I did some research and found out it can survive for sustained periods on more absorbent surfaces like clothing or paper, so kindly lift yourself from my dick bitch =P