00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

guilty pleasure songs

1,435 Views | 22 Replies

guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 13:17:04

Post them if you're a man.
I, for one, have no shame in admitting I thoroughly enjoy this, this, and hell, even something like this shit every once in a while.

NOTE: I was wrong. I do feel shame. It just came with a slight delay.

It feels horrible. Your turn

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 16:46:23

As much as I don't like admitting it, these are my guilty pleasures:

Shake It Off
I Want It That Way
This Love
Toyota'n Til Magdi

Definitely this one..

Kaptein Morgan

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 16:50:13

As a young boy I was really into My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade and Nickelback's All The Right Reasons, so I still enjoy them today out of nostalgia and I am ashamed

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 16:53:00

"Boom Clap" by Charli XCX. It's catchy...

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 17:18:17

I guess some of the songs in Vice City that are on Flash FM and Wave 103 count as this.

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 18:12:07

At 10/1/14 05:27 PM, ManDeep wrote:
At 10/1/14 04:50 PM, Jester wrote: As a young boy I was really into My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade and Nickelback's All The Right Reasons, so I still enjoy them today out of nostalgia and I am ashamed
Aren't you ever proud of something?

Pride doesn't leave a whole lot of room for improvement

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 18:26:05

I usually mute it. Max Hardcore has rubbish taste in music tbqhwy.

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 18:35:40

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 18:37:52

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 18:39:24

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 18:41:14

All of these songs are great, though.

I don't have a guilty pleasure for many songs, but if I were to, I think thiswould be one of them.

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 18:41:46

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 18:41:58

The Ketchup Song.

I feel so unclean.

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 19:24:53

Yes, Chritian rock is a joke, but Collective Soul - Shine is a good song.

There's an obvious reason it's referred to as the hiccup song, but don't try to tell me you still don't like the Cranberries - Zombie.

The but of many jokes, Crash Test Dummies - MMM MMM MMM MMM. It's actually fucking called MMM MMM MMM MMM. Come on.

People bash dubstep all the time and I don't normally listen to it either except for Noisia - Machine Gun (16 Bit mix) and Bassnectar - Timestretch and Rusko - Bionic Commando.

the Offspring - the Meaning of Life. Breaking Benjamin - So Cold. Breaking Benjamin - Sooner or Later. Filter - Take a Picture. ... Yeah...

Also, nu-metal and metalcore and the like tends to be shitty, but there are exceptions, IMO.

Flaw - Payback

Flaw - Final Cry

Deftones - Elite

Deftones - Change

Mudvayne - Not Falling

Mudvayne - World So Cold

Killswitch Engage - My Curse

And I can't help but still enjoy the whole Korn - Follow the Leader album as well as a few other songs like Make me Bad and Falling Away From Me and Alone I Break and Blind. Part of that is nostalgia, I guess.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 20:25:23

At 10/1/14 06:41 PM, FinaLee wrote:
I don't have a guilty pleasure for many songs, but if I were to, I think thiswould be one of them.

Omg, don't get me started on Paramore. Goddammit, I love them.

guilty pleasure songs

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 20:49:14

At 10/1/14 06:48 PM, Slacker013 wrote:
At 10/1/14 06:41 PM, Phobotech wrote: Nooooooooo, I'm losing my identity as a male metalhead!!!!
I'll save you buddy!

Lookin' into your eyes I know I'm right...

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 21:13:07

This and this. Pretty much all Eminem songs of this period anyway.

At least I can safely say that his new stuff is terrible.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 21:18:40

At 10/1/14 08:25 PM, Phobotech wrote: Omg, don't get me started on Paramore. Goddammit, I love them.

What do you say we get out of this thread? I know a place where they play nothing but Misery Business all day.

At 10/1/14 07:24 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

Dude, you just named a ton of my favorites. Maybe I'm out of touch with the metal community, but I remember Killswitch Engage and Deftones being highly respected bands. Korn might get some flack nowadays, but I thought everyone loved Issues for the most part.

People bash dubstep all the time and I don't normally listen to it either except for Noisia - Machine Gun (16 Bit mix) and Bassnectar - Timestretch and Rusko - Bionic Commando.

All awesome tracks from super talented people.

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 22:16:10

At 10/1/14 09:18 PM, FinaLee wrote:
At 10/1/14 07:24 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Dude, you just named a ton of my favorites. Maybe I'm out of touch with the metal community, but I remember Killswitch Engage and Deftones being highly respected bands.

It's not exactly the bands themselves but the genres they fall under. Their scenes mostly produce crap.

Korn might get some flack nowadays, but I thought everyone loved Issues for the most part.

I got Follow the Leader for either my 9th or 10th birthday and listened to it over and over. I was huge into Korn as a kid.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-01 22:27:02

At 10/1/14 07:28 PM, ManDeep wrote:
That's what i always say, but i'm not too sure self loathing is a good way to improve yourself either.

I'm sure there are plenty of approaches to developing positively as a human, but self-loathing and romantic isolation have really motivated me to go very far over the last ~6 years. I'd still a chubby and unfunny dork had I not one day decided that I abhorred myself for being that way and wasn't good enough for any of the girls I liked.

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-02 12:49:23

Yeah, I've recently realized that I like a few Ellen Goulding songs. I mean, I love her voice so much, I almost don't care for the rest of the song.
And many other rock bands I used to listen to and still like their songs.

And since I'm on the brink of committing suicide, I will mention I enjoy listening to Small Talks and go get the razors

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-03 19:31:42

At 10/2/14 01:08 PM, Captain-Slugworth wrote: I don't regret a bloody thing.

So what was up with those girls? Why didn't they help them out when they were stranded off the side of the road? Also, is it implied that they're going back to work on the same airline? What an anti-climactic storyline.

BBS Signature

Response to guilty pleasure songs 2014-10-03 22:12:45

Let's get some Whitney motherfucking Houston up in this thread.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature