00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pacman0824 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Keyboard Breathalyzer

788 Views | 12 Replies

Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-21 18:26:26

Do you think a keyboard breathalyzer would be useful or useless?

Two years ago this man (who still posts on the site) who posts on my local news site comments gets flak all the time, but some people love him. He's a man in his 60s with dyslexia who makes 20-30 posts a day on the site and most of them are very incoherent and irrelevant. An example: ""Another SPLAT!"....East Bay drivers with diapers on their heads employed as grape haulers are here..They have no sleep.
Many are again, working grape hauling.
They will be driving in your lane near Calistoga. And if you don't brake and pull over; you are splat." I've talked with him on the phone too, and he's a nice guy although disabled.

However, two years ago, somebody on the site said he should get an alcohol breathalyzer for his keyboard. If he breathes into the breathalyzer plugged into his keyboard and it exceeds a certain limit (no longer sober) then it will deactivate his keyboard. However, the man we're talking about no longer drinks and drinking wasn't the reason for his cluttered posting style, but I am curious of what people think of this idea.

So is it a cool idea or a pointless one?

Response to Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-21 18:30:27

So all of the information presented to us is this guy has a mental disorder...and someone suggests that he should get a breathalyzer on the keyboard?

I'm pretty sure that suggestion was a joke...because literally no one would actually use one if they exist.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-21 18:38:20

I'd have a lot of DUIs!

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-21 18:39:24

At 9/21/14 06:38 PM, Sevkat wrote: I'd have a lot of DUIs!

TUis actually

Typing under the influence

or PUIs, posting under the influence

Response to Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-21 18:40:08

At 9/21/14 06:39 PM, BigFatKid wrote:
At 9/21/14 06:38 PM, Sevkat wrote: I'd have a lot of DUIs!
TUis actually

Typing under the influence

or PUIs, posting under the influence

DUI's, or Derping Under the Influence.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-21 18:56:17

You can't control what people do in the privacy of their own home.

BBS Signature

Response to Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-21 19:06:25

At 9/21/14 06:40 PM, Phobotech wrote: DUI's, or Derping Under the Influence.

That made me smile

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-21 19:13:48

At 9/21/14 06:56 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: You can't control what people do in the privacy of their own home.

The breathalyzer would likely be a benefit to some people who would post stupid things they normally wouldn't post while sober, some things that could even get them in trouble too.

Response to Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-21 22:14:49

Who the fuck would buy that for personal use?

That's the type of shit authorities hook onto you because you've done something wrong-- like an ankle bracelet.

Response to Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-21 22:19:56

I don't know. I think people would buy it. If for no other reason, then the novelty factor. I think it would make money.

Plus I could see big party-throwers buying these to use at their house parties. "Whoooo chug chug chug chug chug!!! Okay now let's see how drunk you are. Blow into the keyboard!"

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-21 23:22:43

seems rather pointless and could only function in a novelty fashion as neon pointed out. i do not see any other use for it other than that, nor do i imagine many people buying it of their own choice.

i get the concept, but sometimes drunk posts are a good laugh and have their place on the internet. depriving forums of drunk posts would be no fun.

Response to Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-21 23:57:21

Don't you mean dementia, rather than dyslexia?

Response to Keyboard Breathalyzer 2014-09-22 23:56:17

At 9/21/14 11:57 PM, Scintillating wrote: Don't you mean dementia, rather than dyslexia?

Dyslexia, but he probably has dementia too