00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why did the US seceed?

1,716 Views | 29 Replies

Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-13 18:13:29

Why did the US seceed from the UK? They couldn't tolerate one bad king for a handful of more years? clearly they won't thinking of the future of their own people and only for themselves.

Just look at the US now, honestly a lot of areas in the US are just plain almost the quality of the middle east/russia and would be that low if it wasn't for federalism, and look at the UK. Apart from the occasional bad party leader, it is a very developed country with nice cities and is actually becoming more and more socially progressed as time goes.

Same thing happened with India, after they declared independence from the UK they became one of the most infamous countries on Earth known for unhealthiness and corruption.

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-13 18:26:48

I think it had something to do with taxes, religious oppression, and Britain kidnapping U.S. people from ships and forcing them into British Navy.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-13 18:27:01

Because the US was destined to be the very best. Like no one ever was.

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-13 18:42:46

At 9/13/14 06:26 PM, VJF wrote: I think it had something to do with taxes, religious oppression, and Britain kidnapping U.S. people from ships and forcing them into British Navy.

Wasn't the last part has more to do with "War of 1812" when U.S. was looking to assert themselves to gain some credibility? They were laughed at when they decided to battle against the Barbary pirates.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-13 18:52:02

At 9/13/14 06:13 PM, angrybirds2000 wrote:
Just look at the US now, honestly a lot of areas in the US are just plain almost the quality of the middle east/russia and would be that low if it wasn't for federalism, and look at the UK

This sentence is so wrong I almost think you're trolling, but I don't think you are.

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-13 19:36:51

At 9/13/14 06:42 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Wasn't the last part has more to do with "War of 1812" when U.S. was looking to assert themselves to gain some credibility? They were laughed at when they decided to battle against the Barbary pirates.

It did. But shit like that also happened during the American Revolution.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-13 19:39:19

The British didn't enforce taxes until they needed the money and then America got all pissed off and asked the French to beat the British up for them

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-13 19:58:30

At 9/13/14 07:36 PM, Viper wrote:
At 9/13/14 06:42 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Wasn't the last part has more to do with "War of 1812" when U.S. was looking to assert themselves to gain some credibility? They were laughed at when they decided to battle against the Barbary pirates.
It did. But shit like that also happened during the American Revolution.

So basically there were some loose ends that wasn't tied up until that second war.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-13 20:21:38

At 9/13/14 07:58 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: So basically there were some loose ends that wasn't tied up until that second war.

Yeah pretty much.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-13 22:18:07

At 9/13/14 06:52 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote:
At 9/13/14 06:13 PM, angrybirds2000 wrote:
Just look at the US now, honestly a lot of areas in the US are just plain almost the quality of the middle east/russia and would be that low if it wasn't for federalism, and look at the UK
This sentence is so wrong I almost think you're trolling, but I don't think you are.

Just look at his post history and his username.

Hint: If you're thinking what I think you're thinking I think you're right.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-13 22:27:04

quartering,lack of representation in parliament,and generally being an entire ocean apart.

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-13 22:27:05

Have you ever been to the UK?

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 03:35:40

At 9/13/14 06:26 PM, VJF wrote: I think it had something to do with taxes, religious oppression

Yeah, but that could all turn around with a new king, seems like an overreaction.

and Britain kidnapping U.S. people from ships and forcing them into British Navy.

Firstly how was there even "U.S. people" before they left the UK? And isn't that called drafting? The thing will still do all the time?

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 04:10:20

At 9/14/14 03:35 AM, MintPaw wrote:
At 9/13/14 06:26 PM, VJF wrote:
and Britain kidnapping U.S. people from ships and forcing them into British Navy.
Firstly how was there even "U.S. people" before they left the UK? And isn't that called drafting? The thing will still do all the time?

Before the war started, the U.S. actually had consumer ships and other ships trading with the British and other countries. However, sometimes the British Navy would seize ships and force the men aboard them into the British Navy. Basically drafting them without their permission. Although we still were technically under British rule at the time, this would upset many Americans as not only was this somewhat forced drafting, it violated their rights as people or something to that affect.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 06:11:21

At 9/14/14 06:01 AM, Glboom wrote: To escape religious prosecution and for religious freedom.

Yeah well when stuff like this http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1374616
still happens, it looks like the US still refuses to recognize true religious freedom.

I mean "separation of church and state" except when it's not, lol.

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 06:34:42

At 9/13/14 10:36 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: crime-ridden shithole.
total arsehole governments for the last 70 years who have ran the country into the ground.
There are no jobs.
All the skilled workers are emigrating as soon as they can. They are being replaced rapidly by unskilled immigrants who don't speak English.
Traffic everywhere.
Police are fucking useless.
Education system is a joke.
Everyone is suing each other for the slightest infractions.
Stuff is expensive.
Petrol is expensive.
Public transport is a disgrace.

The same can be said for quite a lot of other countries. I mean, really. A whole lotta countries suffer the same symptoms. No one is ever truly satisfied where they are.

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 06:41:11

They wanted to do their own thing and most of the people on the Americas agreed on it.

That's the only reason you need, really.

I write stuff now.

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 09:10:08

At 9/13/14 06:13 PM, angrybirds2000 wrote: Just look at the US now, honestly a lot of areas in the US are just plain almost the quality of the middle east/russia and would be that low if it wasn't for federalism, and look at the UK. Apart from the occasional bad party leader, it is a very developed country with nice cities and is actually becoming more and more socially progressed as time goes.

The UK is an absolute shitheap both in general and, particularly, when compared with most of its immediate European neighbours. Just about every right-thinking person I know - that doesn't occupy one of the various branches of privileged, alienated society - has ambitions of leaving. Its few and ever-fewer redeeming qualities, granted the forms of musical/artistic expression and political opposition movements, are more often than not symptomatic if not a direct result of its otherwise irredeemable shiteness.

The US would probably stand to benefit from an institutional overhaul, but for heaven's sake raise your sights a little higher. As far as secession goes, even Cornwall thinks it can do better.

Why did the US seceed?

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 10:50:08

At 9/14/14 08:04 AM, Glboom wrote: What does the context of separation of church and state have anything to do with the topic.
I do not understand the problem of not agreeing with the oath. "In god we trust" is basically written on all of the U.S. currency. Will the sergeant stop using our currency too? He is an idiot.

Except it has absolutely everything to do with separation of church and state. Let me guess, -- you would be okay if all oaths required you to praise Allah? Vishnu? Any random god other than the Christian/Jewish God? I'm going to make an assumption you are a Christian and you would not be okay with any of that.

Let me just say not only is he not an idiot, but you are extremely biased in favor of enforcing your religion onto other people. Congratulations on being exactly part of what is wrong with America.

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 11:27:44

I recall it having something to do with tea..?

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 11:43:50

At 9/14/14 11:40 AM, SwisherCovent wrote: I could have done without the aneurysm today, guys.

GOD.

Good luck tomorrow!

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 11:43:54

At 9/13/14 06:26 PM, VJF wrote: I think it had something to do with taxes, religious oppression, and Britain kidnapping U.S. people from ships and forcing them into British Navy.

Yeah, read a history book, dude.

I'm thinking that Thomas Paine's statement of an island ruling a continent doesn't hold water regarding Greenland and Denmark.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 12:26:27

At 9/13/14 10:36 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: stuff

So.....it's pretty much the US but in a different location on the map?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 13:27:53

At 9/14/14 11:46 AM, SolXeroEraser wrote:
At 9/14/14 11:27 AM, Timmy wrote: I recall it having something to do with tea..?
Freedom has NOTHING to do with tea. Xp

*cough* Boston Tea Party *cough* *cough*

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 13:30:23

At 9/14/14 01:11 PM, Loki wrote: Because open a history book and find out yourself. Not going to help you do your homework faggot.

To be fair, history books (particularly ones anything pre-collegiate level would likely use) are not only grossly abridged (which is inevitable) but often full of bias.

Unless you're suggesting he do a comparison reading between sources which explore things from competing viewpoints, I don't think a typical history book is going to tell you any more than the typical American patriotic version of things, assuming he's from the US and not, say, somewhere in Europe or etc...

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 14:48:54

If you ask me British Empire imperialism was doomed to fail and secession was inevitable. Just look at Australia, they were also under British rule like the U.S but they didn't revolt but they ended up 'seceding' peacefully anyway. Every other country the British empire colonized ended up leaving them I'm pretty sure. I don't know specifically why imperialism doesn't work (consult a historian/sociologist or read a book by one) but that is just the way it is.

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 16:06:45

At 9/14/14 03:59 PM, Loki wrote: I was of course suggesting he goes to his College library, get at least 15 books from different authors, sources and dates, and read every chapter about the matter at hand. Obviously, staying as far away as biaised crap, and sticking stricktly to scientific books.

Fuck yourself, you tedious twat

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-14 16:32:15

At 9/14/14 04:24 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 9/14/14 12:26 PM, Viper wrote: So.....it's pretty much the US but in a different location on the map?
I've never lived in the U.S. so I couldn't tell you

Oh. Well that sounds dead on like the US.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-20 17:41:46

At 9/13/14 10:36 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: It's a fucking crime-ridden shithole.
The British people have had to endure nothing but total arsehole governments for the last 70 years who have ran the country into the ground.
There are no jobs. Try getting yourself a menial job just for a bit of income and you have to compete with hundreds of other applicants, jump through endless hoops and pray to Allah that they'll pick you. I was unemployed for 18 months straight in the UK.
All the skilled workers are emigrating as soon as they can. They are being replaced rapidly by unskilled immigrants who don't speak English.
Traffic everywhere.
Police are fucking useless.
Education system is a joke.
Everyone is suing each other for the slightest infractions. This is what we call "compensation culture".
Stuff is expensive.
Petrol is expensive.
Public transport is a disgrace.

It looks like we have a daily mail autist here, all of that is wrong apart from expense and traffic, if you put down real problems instead of daily mail tier bullshit youd look less like a retard. Also, Ill play you to clean my window with your tongue.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Why did the US seceed? 2014-09-20 17:43:01

At 9/14/14 04:24 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 9/14/14 12:26 PM, Viper wrote: So.....it's pretty much the US but in a different location on the map?
I've never lived in the U.S. so I couldn't tell you

do you read/ or have read the daily mail by any chance?

BBS Signature