00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Breakfast-Crow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Air Force Demands Atheist Must...

3,484 Views | 60 Replies

Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 00:52:15

.....swear to God, or leave the Air Force.
http://news.yahoo.com/atheist-must-swear-god-leave-us-air-force-232153866.html

What the hell? Is the Air Force really that fucked up that this shit can actually happen? What went wrong with our Air Force?

Is religion of any tactical use for the Air Force? For if it isn't, I don't really see the point in trying to enforce it.

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 01:06:33

So much for seperation of the church and the state.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 01:08:14

I swear to Goku, he counts as a god, right?

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 01:31:48

At 9/11/14 01:06 AM, koopahermit wrote: So much for seperation of the church and the state.

Yeah that first amendment gets shit on a lot. We still swear people in using the bible in courts and even swearing in our own president. Also our own free speech is taken away. Forget the point of the separation of church and state, but he can't be an atheist outside of work.

That doesn't matter though, because when rights like these are infringed upon, not too many people really care and we get into a religious flame war that eventually goes fuck all, waste a lot of time and tax payer money to eventually get to the point of a supreme court ruling that says "THE FIRST AMENDMENT TOLD YOU NO!" Which being the Air Force should have known that rule.

Although on an unrelated related note, if you as so much bring up gun control that second amendment is constantly shoved down your throat. First amendment though? Yeah, why the fuck do we need that?

Funny enough the first amendment gave me the complete rights to say all of this above. Even though this is a private website with a private forum and therefore could be deleted by the people who own the site, the moderators and administrators have open enough minds to allow an atheist liberal like myself to speak his own mind about his own country. Which therefore makes the staff and assistants of Newgrounds more American than the Air Force.

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 03:08:30

faith in humanity restored :')

Solwings formerly dalexj1337 - Being a sped online since 2014

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 03:25:32

I was expecting this thread to be about the air force demanding all pilots to be atheists, less they decide to sacrifice themselves for god.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 03:37:47

Yep yep yep. Pretty much what's wrong with America. Well, one part of it anyway. Not the entirety of what's wrong with America.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 04:24:08

Do the army and navy pilots have to swear too?

I suppose the airforce is looking for Freemasons to join because they have to believe in a supreme being.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 05:37:44

Everybody knows that God won't allow atheist to invade his air space.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 10:29:15

So, people whose job is to kill are forced to swear to a god who said, "Thou shalt not kill". I don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

Not to mention that this is another case of religious freedom being raped in the ass with a giant morningstar in a country founded by people who were motherfucking persecuted for religious reasons and didn't want that to happen ever again. They're all probably going perpetuum mobile in their graves by now.

And then Americans wonder why the rest of the world thinks they're all nuts.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 10:48:47

A quick rundown of the Christianization of the Air Force:

Since the beginning of the Bush Presidency, the USAF has been systematically invaded by an Evangelical Christian religious group who have slowly worked to cozy up with cadets and push their supporters into higher and higher ranks. Or to aid in hiring church members as civilian staff. The Air Force Academy in Boulder, Co is located in the heart of a very religious pocket. There is an unlimited supply of religious proslytization at and inside the academy.

The entire Air Force is infected. This is not an isolated incident, and the academy isn't the only site of infection.

The ACLU has been fighting this for at least 5 years. News outlets have reported on it for at least 10 years. It's been happening for at least 15 years.

Just an 02er.

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 11:46:42

This is almost hard to believe at this day and age. Here's why:

When you enlist, you have to recite the oath to the constitution on two different occasions at MEPS. The officer will explicitly tell you that you do not have to recite the part that says "so help me God" if you feel uncomfortable about it. You don't even have to say the word "swear," either, but can opt instead to say the word "affirm."

One of the details on your dog tags is your religion/nonreligion, and no one would bat an eye if you asked to have the word "atheist" engraved on them, because it's actually a default option in the databases along with Catholic, Islamic, Jewish, and others.

I would hope that this is only an isolated incident, but this wouldn't be the first time that the AF has done something whacky since the turn of the 21st century. Shame on them.

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 12:50:08

It's a bit irritating the fact the oath has to be based on religious faith instead of morality, patriotism etc, as if every human has the former, but the latters are optional/ not guaranteed.

So docs swear to Hippocrates, can't pilots swear to... I don't know... Icarus/Daedalus?

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 13:14:39

At 9/11/14 12:50 PM, SubparTony wrote: So docs swear to Hippocrates, can't pilots swear to... I don't know... Icarus/Daedalus?

Don't you know what happened to these guys? If pilots were to swear to them, they'd be even more doomed (if that's even possible).

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 13:20:19

At 9/11/14 01:14 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote:
At 9/11/14 12:50 PM, SubparTony wrote: So docs swear to Hippocrates, can't pilots swear to... I don't know... Icarus/Daedalus?
Don't you know what happened to these guys? If pilots were to swear to them, they'd be even more doomed (if that's even possible).

They are the first people who were supposed to have flied by technical means. And Daedalus ended up just fine.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 13:23:00

At 9/11/14 01:20 PM, SubparTony wrote: They are the first people who were supposed to have flied by technical means. And Daedalus ended up just fine.

OK, Daedalus should work, but we certainly don't need pilots like Icarus.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 19:23:38

At 9/11/14 03:33 PM, Ama wrote: It's a shame they'll only realize how wrong they were when they don't get allowed into Heaven.

I just love self righteous Christians.

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 19:39:46

Don't join the military. It's a waste of your time (and life) anyways.

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-11 20:27:25

At 9/11/14 12:59 AM, SCTE3 wrote: And this was put into place in October of 2013. Who honestly allowed this forced garbage to pass as a rule?

It is not even constitutional... good question.

Steam username: Deutschgeck

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-12 00:45:23

At 9/11/14 12:52 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: .....swear to God, or leave the Air Force.

What the hell? Is the Air Force really that fucked up that this shit can actually happen? What went wrong with our Air Force?

Buddy of mine is an MP in the USAF, here is his take,

idk haven't read up on it I have been on leave for almost a month. Honestly it's probably something stupid and the kids were just being asshats about whatever and it has been blown shit high out of proportion

Taking by that, its being poorly enforced if at all.

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-12 00:53:26

That doesn't make any sense. When I swore in 8 months ago they allowed us to substitute some lame phrase instead of saying God. From everything I've seen since then, the Air Force is super sensitive about this kind of stuff. I don't see why it would be different for re-enlistment.

Not sure why he's causing such a fuss about this though; if the motherfucker wants to re-enlist all he has to do is the same shit everyone else has to do in order to stay in.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-12 00:54:32

God owns the skies bitch

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-12 00:54:59

At 9/11/14 10:29 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: So, people whose job is to kill

Congratulations on being a fucking idiot.

At 9/11/14 07:39 PM, MrApophis wrote: Don't join the military. It's a waste of your time (and life) anyways.

True words

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-12 01:06:51

At 9/12/14 12:54 AM, Tremulos wrote:
At 9/11/14 10:29 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: So, people whose job is to kill
Congratulations on being a fucking idiot.

To be fair, while there are a number of non-violent jobs in the Air Force, the job does entail a large amount of killing.

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-12 01:19:21

At 9/11/14 07:39 PM, MrApophis wrote: Don't join the military. It's a waste of your time (and life) anyways.
True words

Please, go forth in depth about the wisdom of a 19 year old and a 20 year old and life experience between the two of you that says you can make that call.

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-12 07:33:30

At 9/11/14 12:52 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: .....swear to God, or leave the Air Force.

Is religion of any tactical use for the Air Force? For if it isn't, I don't really see the point in trying to enforce it.

I've noticed that as well and this alone already violates the Wall of Separation between State & Religion, whoever allowed this to happen in the first place should be removed from their position.

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-12 08:37:43

At 9/11/14 05:53 PM, kanef wrote:
At 9/11/14 10:29 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: So, people whose job is to kill are forced to swear to a god who said, "Thou shalt not kill".
signed in for the first time in ages to tell you why that's bullshit

the proper catholic translation of that line is "thou shalt not commit murder" (exodus 20:13). in the same chapter it states killing is allowed in death penalty, self defence and warfare (ahem)

You don't expect a self-proclaimed satanist to read the bible properly, do you?

Whatever the translation mistake is in this case (that pseudo-holy piece of toilet paper is filled to the brim with those anyway), I still oppose war with all my heart (as I do the death penalty by the way), I would rather die than join the military and I offer absolutely no fucking apologies for my complete lack of respect towards soldiers. If I'm a fucking idiot for that, then at least I'm not a violent fucking idiot. NewgroundsMike over.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-12 08:42:54

At 9/12/14 08:37 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote:

Whatever the translation mistake is in this case (that pseudo-holy piece of toilet paper is filled to the brim with those anyway), I still oppose war with all my heart (as I do the death penalty by the way), I would rather die than join the military and I offer absolutely no fucking apologies for my complete lack of respect towards soldiers. If I'm a fucking idiot for that, then at least I'm not a violent fucking idiot. NewgroundsMike over.

With a mentality like that I am so glad that you're not in charge of anything. Thanks for supporting ISIS.

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-12 08:49:10

At 9/12/14 08:42 AM, FirePlaceRedemption wrote: With a mentality like that I am so glad that you're not in charge of anything. Thanks for supporting ISIS.

I don't support anyone, they're all assholes.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Air Force Demands Atheist Must... 2014-09-12 12:41:09

At 9/12/14 08:49 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote:
At 9/12/14 08:42 AM, FirePlaceRedemption wrote: With a mentality like that I am so glad that you're not in charge of anything. Thanks for supporting ISIS.
I don't support anyone, they're all assholes.

Oh so you don't support it yet you don't offer any solutions to stop it? Fantastic.