00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tophat1607 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sustenance

1,138 Views | 28 Replies

Sustenance 2014-09-11 05:27:44

I'm SOOOoOOooooOOooo hungry.
All I had today is a 16oz dr.pepper
I live in the south surrounded by great food
Too bad none of it is allowed in my house T.T
I'v eaten peanut butter and ramen for the past week and a half and I'd rather puke blood than eat any more.
Why does my mom refuse to cook :(
Does she hate us
No pork, no seafood, no fish, nothing containing eggs, only beef allowed is ground beef, well done "meat" only.
oh, momma, remember when you make hamburger helper... there are no huge chunks of meat.
You are just too lazy to even break up the meat
Why are you a mom if you don't do mom things
I do son things.

Like seriously if you are gonna have a family don't feed them the same 6 fucking foods the few times a week you cook

....Why are you always in a terrible argumentative mood when you are home...
Why do all of your co workers describe you as the nicest person at work when.... in reality you are just so fuckin fake

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 05:37:33

You're a 19 year old man.

Cooking ain't hard, man...hell, if you can make Ramen, you can make pasta and you can even get creative with the sauce and meat or veggies incorporated.

Dude, experiment around. I don't believe for one second that the only food in your house is ramen and peanut butter. What are the restrictions that your mom enforces?

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 05:44:11

At 9/11/14 05:37 AM, Phobotech wrote: You're a 19 year old man.

Cooking ain't hard, man...hell, if you can make Ramen, you can make pasta and you can even get creative with the sauce and meat or veggies incorporated.

Dude, experiment around. I don't believe for one second that the only food in your house is ramen and peanut butter. What are the restrictions that your mom enforces?

I'd like to delete this post if I knew how.
I'm not allowed to cook because "I didn't pay for the groceries and we are sinking under already"
I also live over 30 min away from the nearest store or fast food joint.
I tried to get my mom to teach me to cook. I even took home ec. Too bad my home ec teacher hated me and never let me cook.
Also, I have a really really old truck and it has flat tires so I can't go anywhere for food.
I'm just aggrovated really over how my mom reacts when she comes home and we ask if she's cooking today.
Its like "OH HOW DARE YOU BE HUNGRY THAT MEANS I GOTTA NOT GO HOME AND IMMEDIATELY TAKE A 2 HOUR NAP EVERY DAY AFTER WORK"
Like when all 4 other people in the house are begging for food (including my 8month old sister) like wouldn't you atleast stop napping and try to feed your family?

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 05:50:10

At 9/11/14 05:44 AM, Bustyourchop wrote: Also, I have a really really old truck and it has flat tires so I can't go anywhere for food.

Walk.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 05:52:51

At 9/11/14 05:37 AM, Phobotech wrote: You're a 19 year old man.

I know it seems extremely childlike but you dont understand
My dad LEFT my mom at one point because she went months without cooking, cleaning, or washing a single dish

My mom is exactly like her father.
He father is known as "The king"
Because he always gets his way and everyone does everything for him.
When you kiss his as you kiss it well. Or he will make you.
lol

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 06:01:51

At 9/11/14 05:52 AM, Bustyourchop wrote: she went months without cooking, cleaning, or washing a single dish

Mid-life crisis?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 06:03:43

Wait wait wait. I just assumed you were around 16 or so. You mean you're 19 and you're having these kind of problems?

As has been suggested, walk. Put on your shoes and walk .. a lot. Hitchhike if you need to. Ask people for food. Most beggars are annoying because they ask for money but if you only go up to people who have food and ask for food someone'd probably give you some. If beggars only wanted food I'd gladly share half a sandwich. Can't speak for other people though.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 06:10:17

At 9/11/14 06:01 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 9/11/14 05:52 AM, Bustyourchop wrote: she went months without cooking, cleaning, or washing a single dish
Mid-life crisis?

She's 39.
She hasn't had a midlife crisis yet.
She has a daily life crisis every day

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 06:17:22

At 9/11/14 06:03 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Wait wait wait. I just assumed you were around 16 or so. You mean you're 19 and you're having these kind of problems?

As has been suggested, walk. Put on your shoes and walk .. a lot. Hitchhike if you need to. Ask people for food. Most beggars are annoying because they ask for money but if you only go up to people who have food and ask for food someone'd probably give you some. If beggars only wanted food I'd gladly share half a sandwich. Can't speak for other people though.

(There is a pond next door, An old alligator farm in the spillway / woods area about 200 yards behind my house. A bayou is along the road leading to my house. Bayou Road. Its the only road connecting us to other people. I live in Bayou Pigeon, Connected to Bayou Sorrel, conneted to 15 miles of road to Plaquemine)
I Live in the swamp you want me to walk along the road and the bayou???
Are you crazy? Last week I saw like 15 snakes and a couple alligators behind my mailbox.
There is road and there are woods and a bayou following the entire road.

Example of the wildlife here:
Every year we hire the same man to fish small alligators out of the pond next door, and he hits them in the head with a hammer and they die. Lol
They eat our cats occasionally.

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 06:51:01

At 9/11/14 06:17 AM, Bustyourchop wrote: (There is a pond next door, An old alligator farm in the spillway / woods area about 200 yards behind my house. A bayou is along the road leading to my house. Bayou Road. Its the only road connecting us to other people. I live in Bayou Pigeon, Connected to Bayou Sorrel, conneted to 15 miles of road to Plaquemine)
I Live in the swamp you want me to walk along the road and the bayou???
Are you crazy? Last week I saw like 15 snakes and a couple alligators behind my mailbox.
There is road and there are woods and a bayou following the entire road.

Example of the wildlife here:
Every year we hire the same man to fish small alligators out of the pond next door, and he hits them in the head with a hammer and they die. Lol
They eat our cats occasionally.

You need to get out of there man! Surely being homeless almost anywhere else in the US would be better than living in the middle of a swamp with hardly any food and with no safe means to even walk out of there to even go get food. I would choose homeless over that scenario.

Why does your mom want to live in the middle of the swamp with alligators anyway?

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 07:06:56

At 9/11/14 06:51 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
Why does your mom want to live in the middle of the swamp with alligators anyway?

What do you mean why?
My Family is outcast in the community because we are so different. (None of us have a boat, or a big truck, or 4 wheelers, and we don't mudride, hunt, fish, go camping a lot.
We are just a bunch of depressed musicians who are too poor to move basically even though all of us have always had jobs.

We are in poverty man. The floors in my house are collapsing. There are only 2 floor joices in our house, when there should be 4. Plus the floor is built out of pressboard. Plus the 99% humidity every day and haivy rain/high waters yeah.
We literally have gaint holes in 3 of the rooms in my house and the floor is all wopsided

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 07:18:09

At 9/11/14 07:06 AM, Bustyourchop wrote: What do you mean why?
My Family is outcast in the community because we are so different. (None of us have a boat, or a big truck, or 4 wheelers, and we don't mudride, hunt, fish, go camping a lot.
We are just a bunch of depressed musicians who are too poor to move basically even though all of us have always had jobs.

We are in poverty man. The floors in my house are collapsing. There are only 2 floor joices in our house, when there should be 4. Plus the floor is built out of pressboard. Plus the 99% humidity every day and haivy rain/high waters yeah.
We literally have gaint holes in 3 of the rooms in my house and the floor is all wopsided

So get out of there? Middle of the freaking swamp sounds like no place for musicians. Hitchhike. Busk. Get money busking. And try to get some gigs at clubs or bars. It might be 21 to get in but that doesn't apply to the musical talent. You just couldn't legally drink while there. Just travel around a lot looking for music gigs.

I mean seriously it's a shame to see musical talent go to waste in the middle of the swamp.

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 10:05:27

Jesus christ, you live in the fucking bayou and you're a musician. Either you do incredible jazz music or you're a depressed fucker. I lived near the glades and I had to deal with alligators and shit. It was either fucking around trying not to get bitten or shoot them. Why not catch a gator and cook it? They're tasty if you cook the tail.

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-11 22:14:38

At 9/11/14 10:05 AM, HKS wrote: Jesus christ, you live in the fucking bayou and you're a musician. Either you do incredible jazz music or you're a depressed fucker. I lived near the glades and I had to deal with alligators and shit. It was either fucking around trying not to get bitten or shoot them. Why not catch a gator and cook it? They're tasty if you cook the tail.

Music is all I have.
I am so alone but I will always have music.
It's a lot freakier pulling an alligator into a skiff that you are in than you would think.
Then you have to spend 5 minutes sawing through it's hide trying to sever the spinal cord

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-12 07:23:05

At 9/11/14 10:14 PM, Bustyourchop wrote:
Music is all I have.
It's a lot freakier pulling an alligator into a skiff that you are in than you would think.
Then you have to spend 5 minutes sawing through it's hide trying to sever the spinal cord

Fucking. Shoot. It.

Seriously, wait till they're on shore and shoot it.

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-12 11:30:49

At 9/11/14 05:27 AM, Bustyourchop wrote: I'm SOOOoOOooooOOooo hungry.

Here's an interesting twist to add to your Ramen, since you aren't allowed to cook anything but that. You get a colander and empty out all that nasty seasoned water shit, then you add a cup of milk and two teaspoons of butter to the noodles, then ya got yourself some creamy, filling, sexy noodles.

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-12 16:03:54

Sweet Jesus OP reeks of retardedness. You're 19, legally an adult, yet you can't figure out a solution to your menial problem? Fucking walk and get some food. You don't appear poor, just an autism filled angsty child that can't come up with simple solutions to small problems.

God you're pathetic.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-12 16:36:38

At 9/12/14 07:25 AM, SithCorduroy wrote: I'm very hungry.

Sustenance

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-12 16:54:13

At 9/11/14 05:44 AM, Bustyourchop wrote: I also live over 30 min away from the nearest store or fast food joint.

30 minutes by car or foot? If it's by foot, then suck it up and get walking. It's not that far.

BBS Signature

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-12 18:50:48

At 9/12/14 04:54 PM, larrynachos wrote:
At 9/11/14 05:44 AM, Bustyourchop wrote: I also live over 30 min away from the nearest store or fast food joint.
30 minutes by car or foot? If it's by foot, then suck it up and get walking. It's not that far.

30 min away by car driving 60mph

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-12 18:52:44

At 9/12/14 04:03 PM, RyderOmega wrote: Sweet Jesus OP reeks of retardedness. You're 19, legally an adult, yet you can't figure out a solution to your menial problem? Fucking walk and get some food. You don't appear poor, just an autism filled angsty child that can't come up with simple solutions to small problems.

God you're pathetic.

Thanks for the helpful advice, you slut.
retardedness and angsty aren't words.

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-12 18:55:19

At 9/12/14 07:23 AM, HKS wrote:
At 9/11/14 10:14 PM, Bustyourchop wrote:
Music is all I have.
Fucking. Shoot. It.

Seriously, wait till they're on shore and shoot it.

The spot on the back of an alligators head thats soft enough for a bullet to go through is the size of a dime. Most of the time part of the bullet ricochets off and its common for it to to hit you in the face.
No lol. Assuming you are a great marksman. I cant do it

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-12 20:08:35

At 9/12/14 06:55 PM, Bustyourchop wrote: The spot on the back of an alligators head thats soft enough for a bullet to go through is the size of a dime.
Most of the time part of the bullet ricochets off and its common for it to to hit you in the face.

These are not facts unless you are wearing a helmet made of supercharged electromagnets and using a pellet gun.

BBS Signature

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-12 20:17:28

#19yearoldproblems
When I was 19 I lived by myself and cooked for myself. It wasn't that hard.

BBS Signature

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-12 20:23:44

i Need PIZZAAA!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-12 21:21:06

More like SUStenance

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-13 08:43:53

At 9/12/14 08:08 PM, DM692 wrote:
At 9/12/14 06:55 PM, Bustyourchop wrote: The spot on the back of an alligators head thats soft enough for a bullet to go through is the size of a dime.
Most of the time part of the bullet ricochets off and its common for it to to hit you in the face.
These are not facts unless you are wearing a helmet made of supercharged electromagnets and using a pellet gun.

Have you ever watched the show swamp people?
That's filmed in my neighborhood.
It's on discovery, go watch it, it happens to Willie And Troy and all the mine characters atleast once. You have to Have a powerful pistol or a rifle. Most of them go with a rifle.

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-13 08:46:06

Learn how to kill stuff yourself. Quit being a bitch and put some fucking food on the table, after you've killed, gutted and skinned it. Then and only then, can you expect her to cook it and clean up afterwards. Until then, you need to learn how to live in your habitat, emigrate out and just fucking die. Nothing personal, just giving ya the straights.

What animals have you killed?

Response to Sustenance 2014-09-13 10:33:40

@LazyDrunk
To be fair, he is a musician and not a hunter. He's already stated he doesn't fit in to his current environment nor does his family.

I think he just needs to find any way out of there and get out and try to make a better life elsewhere using whatever skills and talents he has. Pretty much the busking and looking for gigs thing, if nothing else. I can think of no good reason why he should stay in the swamp if there's nothing going for him there.

I mean when it honestly sounds like he'd be better off homeless among civilization, I think if I was in his exact situation (at least as-described) I'd take whatever instruments were most easily carried on-person, hitch some rides to the nearest city, and street busk a while and try to move up from there.

When the homeless option sounds like the better option is when someone really needs to re-evaluate their living arrangements.