00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duckyellow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Reality feels limited; uncomplete

496 Views | 14 Replies

Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-08 22:15:19

For some reason when I think about this I always come to this thought where I think reality even though as big and mysterious as is it is feels really limited

The whole universe feels like a giant simulator, it feels like everything is limited, but why? why is this universe created? how did it create itself and why not something else or nothing existing at all, how do we all have consiousnesses and are generally aware of all these things that go on around us?

I think reality itself is limited and that reality may as well be a simulation of some sort, it feels too machine-like to actually be real. What do you think?

note; this is a serious thread, not anything gimmicky

filler text

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-08 22:18:04

It doesn't feel that way at all to me.

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-08 22:30:03

We can't get out of the simulation, so what ultimately matters is that it feels real to us and we should enjoy it.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-08 22:32:59

The Matrix. ...first movie, not any of the oversimplified garbage sequels.

It's one of those things you can neither prove nor disprove, sort of like the existence of God. It's a bit interesting to ponder but I'm not really sure it'll get you anywhere useful other than as an interesting thought exercise.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-08 23:01:25

We're just helping play test the early access to reality. This build does not represent the final version as all planned features are not currently implemented.

Future releases will include:

- Removal of game corrupting bugs like cancer and lupus
- Correction to stat degredation that causes characters to become weaker after roughly thirty five years of play
- Adjustment to world economy that causes players that spawn in certain zones to have less access to all possible classes
- Adding more skin tones for character customization such as the much asked for fuscia and neon orange

Note: Despite the demand we have decided not to have the penis size slide permanently locked at "supermassive" we feel the randomization helps distinguish characters and offer more varied experiences.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-08 23:08:43

I think of something similar to that sometimes, it seems like we'll never find out how to world truly started. Sometimes I think to myself, am I really just here to enjoy myself? It feels like, I'm not actually real... merely some simulation, since we have no idea how the hell it all started and how we came to be. I swear one day technology will have advanced by a million more times and then we're going to get some message on our "Google Hologram" or some shit like that, which will say "Thank you for participating in this simulation the world will know be reset for more experiments".

BBS Signature

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-08 23:19:14

At 9/8/14 11:01 PM, Jercurpac wrote: We're just helping play test the early access to reality. This build does not represent the final version as all planned features are not currently implemented.

- Removal of game corrupting bugs like cancer and lupus
- Correction to stat degredation that causes characters to become weaker after roughly thirty five years of play
- Adjustment to world economy that causes players that spawn in certain zones to have less access to all possible classes
- Adding more skin tones for character customization such as the much asked for fuscia and neon orange

Note: Despite the demand we have decided not to have the penis size slide permanently locked at "supermassive" we feel the randomization helps distinguish characters and offer more varied experiences.

Perhaps you should take into consideration the other major features yet to be added:

- Removal of major bugs such as the infamous "Religion" bug

- Full access to the internet just by one thought

- Tiered "governments" that allow for one person or a group to control all others

- Patching the "murder" exploit which allows for people with the criminal character class to get rid of other characters

- Introduce a new security system to prevent viruses (diseases) such as cancer to be created

BBS Signature

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-08 23:29:24

Is this the real life

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-09 00:15:01

Really enlightened people tend to say that many of the things around us are illusions - namely the idea of a 'self' or 'ego.' I'm not sure I'm ready to discount what I readily see right in front of my face, but I think a lot of things around us really are constructs. Think about how much your brain processes and what it ignores in the process. When you look at a page, you see words but only when prompted can you stop and look at each letter individually; reading is a pattern we've grown so accustomed to that it becomes automatic, and we don't actually see words the way they are. Other people, particularly faces, are the same. When we see someone we know, we think of how we know them rather than simply taking in how they physically look.

If you are to believe contemporary psychology, much of our lives are centered around self-fulfilling prophecies and patterns that we simultaneously see and manifest. In that sense, our lives are very much a simulation that we are creating for ourselves. Examples like levitation and faith healing might seem a bit extreme, but consider that simple hypnotism can cause people to perform feats they would not otherwise be capable of (eg. acrobatic stunts that require greater balance and focus than that person normally has.)

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-09 00:27:02

At 9/9/14 12:15 AM, Kwing wrote: If you are to believe contemporary psychology, much of our lives are centered around self-fulfilling prophecies and patterns that we simultaneously see and manifest. In that sense, our lives are very much a simulation that we are creating for ourselves. Examples like levitation and faith healing might seem a bit extreme, but consider that simple hypnotism can cause people to perform feats they would not otherwise be capable of (eg. acrobatic stunts that require greater balance and focus than that person normally has.)

Wait wait wait wait wait. Hold up.
Are you saying you believe people are actually capable of levitation and faith healing?

I mean I wouldn't want to put words in your mouth so I'm asking.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-09 00:34:25

Oh man, I laughed at what you posted. Like a lot N wow. Thank you. I needed that.

"I'll never understand this society, first they tried to murder me, then they lied to me, product of a drying breed."

-2Pac

BBS Signature

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-09 01:04:01

The developers' are probably holed up in some obscure corner of the old internet, quietly working away fixing the bugs. Give 'em some time.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-09 03:23:53

Reality is limited by constraints of society. Try new things in order to learn more about reality. Don't be a sheepie that lives paycheck to paycheck or a person that carries out a meaningless cycle of getting married and mindlessly passing on your seed like society wants you to. I'm not saying to not get married or have kids, but make your life as meaningful as you can. It would not be easy to live in such a different way, but we all are restricted from experiencing the fullness of reality by social standards. Reality will always be limited if you live by normal standards. The government makes it so we all have to work to provide ourselves with food, water, clothing, and shelter, so it's a very difficult task to be able to experience a fuller reality when so many people don't have the time for it. This becomes even harder when we fall in love and want to eventually pass on our knowledge to children of our own. We then need to provide for them as well and it's human to have emotion, we really can't help it.

Perhaps you need to take a more spiritual look at life to gasp what life could be. That's really the only way I see it after so many of us are raised in a well constructed standard built society. We're all pretty much brainwashed growing up to believe certain things and how we should live our lives, so just open your mind and look at what your life could be and how you can make it so.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Reality feels limited; uncomplete 2014-09-09 10:00:17

Well, what do you think all these transcendental hallucinogenic drugs are for?