00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games that were hard on easy mode?

3,713 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I play on easy mode frequently but I feel there are parts that still remain challenging that I'd hate to see what a higher difficulty would be like.

A few examples I can think of is Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, and Batman Arkham Asylyum and city . I found myself dying a few times on easy. Actually sometimes its a good thing to die a few times because it shows it's at least trying to be rewarding.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-08 17:04:55

I was playing XCOM: Enemy Within on easy mode and still found it to be a real pain in the ass at times. There are moments that just wrecked me, like dealing with those big brute type aliens or those stranglers. I was having some trouble here and there, and even lost a few countries.

Considering how badly I was getting wrecked on easy, I simply couldn't imagine what the higher difficulties were like.

Still an awesome game though

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-08 17:15:16

FTL (Faster Than Light) is the first game that comes to mind here.

If I remember correctly easy mode just gave you more spoils after fights or something like that, but you still run into nearly impossible to win random encounters regularly. Also, the final boss is still completely unfair.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-08 19:10:31

Doom 3.

Even on easy (Recruit) you end up dying a lot.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-08 22:23:33

At 9/8/14 05:04 PM, SmartyPants wrote: I was playing XCOM: Enemy Within

It's nothing compared to the old X-COMs.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-08 23:40:15

Sin and Punishment 2. I tried replaying it on normal. Much easier said than done.

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 01:06:32

Mortal Kombat Advance is kind of the poster child for games that were far too hard on easy setting.

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 01:20:17

At 9/8/14 04:52 PM, Wegra wrote: I play on easy mode frequently but I feel there are parts that still remain challenging that I'd hate to see what a higher difficulty would be like.
A few examples I can think of is Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, and Batman Arkham Asylyum and city . I found myself dying a few times on easy. Actually sometimes its a good thing to die a few times because it shows it's at least trying to be rewarding.

Starting of any game its difficult when you get ? what you have to do ? then it will be easy for you

Zebra

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 04:57:46

Dishonored is somewhat tough on easy mode. I've had my fair share of deaths on that games easy mode.

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 08:01:22

Bayonetta is still quite challenging on easy mode.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution can still be tough on easy. Sure it big step down from normal but you will probably find yourself dying a few times. Especially at the end boss. Unless you maxed out that thing that makes everything around you explode, then you'll take him in one or two hits.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 08:08:26

At 9/8/14 04:52 PM, Wegra wrote: Devil May Cry

Same.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 08:15:18

Devil May Cry 3 was the first to come to mind. I still die on easy in that one. FTL and probably Persona would be too just because of the luck based nature of those games.

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 09:15:09

MegaMan X5, X6
If you haven't played them through before, Easy mode is still pretty difficult although the harder modes are a lot harder.

MegaMan X7
You may as well play it on Hard mode because Hard isn't really that much harder than Easy in that game.

MegaMan X8
Most of the trickiest parts in the game you still have to do on Easy mode although the harder modes are definitely a lot harder.

I don't play a lot of games that actually have a choice to select between difficulty of game modes. Most older video games just had one difficulty.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 12:22:18

Any Resident Evil game
Any Rainbow Six game
Any Splinter Cell game
Any Lost Planet Game

I'm just really bad at video games

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 12:40:31

Dark Souls, Dark Souls II.

I just hate these games. My little brother can beat them as a Deprived, with no problem. I refuse to play as anything but Deprived because it feels wrong, so I guess it wasn't really "easy mode", but fuck those games. I don't have the patience for them.

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 14:27:11

At 9/9/14 12:40 PM, Luke wrote: Dark Souls, Dark Souls II.

I just hate these games. My little brother can beat them as a Deprived, with no problem. I refuse to play as anything but Deprived because it feels wrong, so I guess it wasn't really "easy mode", but fuck those games. I don't have the patience for them.

Classes don't mean shit in the souls games. All it effects is like the first hour or two of the game until you can get the shitty starting gear for every class and you can just build your stats however you want.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 18:19:12

Mega Man 2.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 19:40:30

Ninja Gaiden

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 20:32:16

Streets of Rage and Golden Axe. (Sega Genesis) As a kid it was like my dream to see the end of those games. Hours of playing to jus get raped near the end. Childhood. Oh and Golden Axe had really good music to it.

"I'll never understand this society, first they tried to murder me, then they lied to me, product of a drying breed."

-2Pac

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-09 23:11:05

At 9/9/14 12:30 PM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 9/9/14 09:44 AM, Voltage wrote: lmao, Mortal Kombat Advance is such a load of bullshit. I was watching gameplay vids, Scorpion is just not fair whatsoever because of his attack. Even the TAS looks like it makes no sense.
Play the Game Gear versions. Then talk about bullshit.

Honestly, the Game Boy Advance version is far more difficult, by a long shot. It's not even close.

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-10 04:34:23

At 9/9/14 06:19 PM, darkjam wrote: Mega Man 2.

Maybe if you're brand new to video games or have only played newer games and it's the first real game you ever played. Mega Man 2 on the higher difficulty is only maybe about an average difficulty game I'd say. On the lower difficulty it's even easier than that.

At 9/9/14 07:40 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Ninja Gaiden

Um, Ninja Gaiden only had one difficulty. What Ninja Gaiden are you playing? There were various games on various systems, but just "Ninja Gaiden" with no further qualifier means the NES Ninja Gaiden. That game was difficult but it only had the one difficulty. FYI I've beaten it on a single life before though. Yes I'm that good.

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-10 08:30:13

At 9/10/14 06:05 AM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 9/10/14 04:34 AM, NeonSpider wrote: There were various games on various systems, but just "Ninja Gaiden" with no further qualifier means the NES Ninja Gaiden.
Nope. The NES version is not the 1st game with the title "Ninja Gaiden". Therefore, "Ninja Gaiden" with no further qualifier means the original arcade version.

Although the arcade version was older, it's not the most known Ninja Gaiden. When people think of certain games they attribute them to whichever version is most known, unless they specify otherwise. So while for Pac-Man certainly the arcade version would be the most known, for Ninja Gaiden it'd be the NES version.

Just like when people mention Battletoads without specifying which system, they mean the NES version, and not the arcade game, any of the GameBoy, SNES, or Genesis games, etc... If you meant some other version you would be more specific.

Tetris, for example, with no further qualifier would be the GameBoy Tetris and not either of the NES versions, arcade versions, PC versions, etc...

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-10 12:25:25

I Wanna Be the Boshy
See those heart platforms? Those only appear on the easiest difficulty. And they still don't help that much...

Games that were hard on easy mode?

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-10 16:14:10

At 9/10/14 04:34 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Maybe if you're brand new to video games or have only played newer games and it's the first real game you ever played. Mega Man 2 on the higher difficulty is only maybe about an average difficulty game I'd say. On the lower difficulty it's even easier than that.

Been a gamer my whole life, just never been one for Mega Man games. I suck at all but the X series. It's sad because they're so good.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-10 17:26:52

Dark Souls.

hahaha just kidding

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-10 19:23:26

At 9/10/14 04:14 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 9/10/14 04:34 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Maybe if you're brand new to video games or have only played newer games and it's the first real game you ever played. Mega Man 2 on the higher difficulty is only maybe about an average difficulty game I'd say. On the lower difficulty it's even easier than that.
Been a gamer my whole life, just never been one for Mega Man games. I suck at all but the X series. It's sad because they're so good.

Ah. Well it's just one of those games a lot of less-experienced gamers typically say is hard but which really isn't, like Super Mario Bros. 3. It is a good starter game though for someone who doesn't really want an outrageous difficulty but also doesn't just want yet another "gimme" win.

If you're good at the Mega Man X games, that's very strange you'd find Mega Man 2 to be so difficult though, IMO, considering they're much harder, particularly later in the series.

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-10 22:08:13

Resident Evil 2. Maybe it was because I was like 8 and the movement controls suck, so it's really hard to avoid being attacked by enemies or walking into them.

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-11 01:15:43

Ys: Oath of Felghana. Sweet baby Jesus, those developers did not understand the meaning of ACTUALLY FUCKING BEATABLE.

Twisted Metal: Head On. Probably applies to most Twisted Metal games, it's beatable but certainly not easy.

Age of Empires II.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-11 03:34:39

Alien Soldier. You had 2 difficulty settings Super Easy and Super Hard. And Super Easy was still ridiculously difficult. A good game.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Games that were hard on easy mode? 2014-09-15 00:18:04

Devil May Cry was a challenge , and also a very fun game. Challenge and fun do not always go together.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature