00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

CVS stops selling cigarettes

1,032 Views | 13 Replies

CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 08:56:53

So CVS has officially pulled all tobacco products from its stores. I guess good for them, even if they'll lose money. On an interesting note, I work at a Walgreens that's right across the street from a CVS; my store already gets a lot of cigarette sales, and I know that particular CVS could see a decline in customers because of this.

BBS Signature

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 09:39:20

My friend works at CVS. The customers have been complaining to her about it all day. I'm sure that'll be bothrsome for a while.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 09:51:54

Why didn't they ban alcohol to?

#prohibition2014

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 10:53:55

Good thing nobody cares about cvs. It's a store for minorities anyway. I buy my cigarettes at real American stores.

BBS Signature

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 11:47:07

Other than money, it makes me wonder why a pharmacy store would sell cigarettes in the first place. Though to be fair, these kinds of stores do sell a lot of stuff that isn't particularly healthy, which might bring up some sort of corporate conspiracy, but I put no real stock into that.

If people want to get cigarettes anyway, why can't they get it at a gas station? Both of them are pretty ubiquitous, and you can often get them cheaper too.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 14:26:57

But tobaccah haz medisunal propertays!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 15:04:36

They can sell or not sell whatever they want. Well, as long as whatever they're selling is legal, that is.
Also, old news. Very old news.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 16:24:02

At 9/3/14 04:09 PM, fieldertiger wrote: Even though clearly it won't help them cure their lung cancer if they were already die hard cigarette smokers. That rarely happens if they can cure anybody's lung cancer. These people who work in or own these pharmacies should be ashamed for accepting the cigarette company's products. There are people out there coughing and wheezing because both of them don't get the message that much.

Y'know, people don't have to buy cigarettes. Just sayin'. It's a personal choice they either choose or not. No one is forcing cigarettes on people who don't want them. At least not legally. Maybe some school bully somewhere is or something.

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 16:33:01

A lot of you are bringing up the fact that it's a pharmacy, which makes me wonder if they're different in some places because all the ones I've seen also double as convenience stores and cigarettes aren't the only unhealthy things they'd sell.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 16:49:31

At 9/3/14 04:33 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: A lot of you are bringing up the fact that it's a pharmacy, which makes me wonder if they're different in some places because all the ones I've seen also double as convenience stores and cigarettes aren't the only unhealthy things they'd sell.

All the ones I've seen are convenience stores as well. If they were just pharmacies, they'd be rather compact stores. Pretty much any drug can be harmful if used in the wrong way, though, so there's no getting around that. Heck, even water is harmful if used in the wrong way (Hold Your Wee For A Wii, anyone?).

Regardless, I'm happy for CVS. It's probably an issue that divides everyone solely on the basis of if they use cigarettes or not (guess which part of the line I stand), but I think it's a great idea. There are many other places to get cigarettes that aren't pharmacies. Well, not to the extent CVS is. I hope they manage to set a precedent for similar chains like Walgreens.

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 16:50:00

At 9/3/14 11:11 AM, SCTE3 wrote: Given CVS is a PHARMACY of sorts, seems pretty counterproductive to be selling cigarettes there to begin with.

Pharmacies sell drugs and nicotine is a drug. I don't see your point.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 17:20:20

I saw the writing on the wall when stores in certain parts of the US started mimicking shops in the EU by putting curtains and dividers in front of their cigarette displays and I'm sure we all remember long ago when they started printing images on the individual packs displaying the effects of smoking related illnesses. Granted I never saw it in my area but knowing the political climate surrounding tobacco sales, it wasn't that big of a leap to stop selling them altogether.

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 17:35:27

At 9/3/14 05:26 PM, Loki wrote:
At 9/3/14 04:24 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Y'know, people don't have to buy cigarettes. Just sayin'. It's a personal choice they either choose or not. No one is forcing cigarettes on people who don't want them. At least not legally. Maybe some school bully somewhere is or something.
Nobody is forcing them? Yes. The people that put nicotine and addictive toxic scrap with the tobacco force them.

No. No they don't. That's a loser's mentality. Even an addict isn't forced to keep doing whatever their drug of choice is. Have more willpower then. You can break any addiction unless you're weak-minded. That weakness is your own fault. Don't try to pin that on anyone else.

Response to CVS stops selling cigarettes 2014-09-03 21:37:17

The only tobacco products i use to buy from there were swisser wraps, which i even stopped doing because the liquor store right next door would have them fifty cents to a dollar cheaper

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature