00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HugeNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PHP 2014-08-22 11:23:19

I have a VPS with Apache httpd, and PHP installed. I am going to be running a Minecraft server from it. Anyways, I want to be sure that PHP will be able to have read/write access to the Minecraft folder. I do not want people to be able to navigate to it through their browser though. What would be the best way of handling this?

Steam username: Deutschgeck

BBS Signature

Response to PHP 2014-08-22 16:09:34

You could just create some kind of system that restricts access, such as a basic login system or by using whitelist of IP addresses, and if any person attempts to view the resource without sufficient access you can just send them somewhere else. If you have a static IP address, using a whitelist would arguably be the more secure option.

Though, why are you using PHP to handle reading and writing to a game server?

Response to PHP 2014-08-22 20:25:23

At 8/22/14 04:09 PM, Diki wrote: You could just create some kind of system that restricts access, such as a basic login system or by using whitelist of IP addresses, and if any person attempts to view the resource without sufficient access you can just send them somewhere else. If you have a static IP address, using a whitelist would arguably be the more secure option.

Though, why are you using PHP to handle reading and writing to a game server?

I want to make my own control panel for managing server data. That is why I am using PHP.

Steam username: Deutschgeck

BBS Signature