00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

People who still use flip phones

1,880 Views | 23 Replies

People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 21:58:20

So with how smartphones have become so ubiquitous in our lives, I can only think of 2 kinds of people who would still use a flip phone: old people and people who are up to no good, typically something illegal or cheating on their spouses (and even then it's only their secret other phone). I wonder how long they'll even keep making them.

BBS Signature

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 22:07:31

Or people who just don't want a fucking smart phone.

I have a flip/slide phone you twat.

BBS Signature

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 22:13:43

The only person I know who has a flip phone is the guy who's already lost/broken 3 iphones and doesn't want to waste the money on something he's going to lose/break.

BBS Signature

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 22:21:30

Well that's stupid. I know several people who use older phones because they don't have any practical applications for a smartphone. The only valid reason why I have one is because I like to listen to comedy on Pandora and music from my library nearly constantly, and I could cover the music part if I just carried around my iPod Touch.

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 22:23:28

Maybe some of us just don't give a shit about smart phones. Didja ever consider that angle? Hmm? Didja?

Do I want my phone to do all this shit besides "just being a phone"? Hell no I don't. If I wanted to browse the Internet I'd use a proper computer. If I wanted to play games I'd play them on a computer or a gaming console.

I personally think all the smart phone users can piss off too. Always complaining about websites not working on their phone. Hell I'd intentionally make my website not work on those things just to piss them off further. They're mostly just spoiled brats anyway. Plus I have nothing but contempt for smart phone gamers.

Enjoy your broken screens. Hope your next one breaks too.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 22:28:16

At 8/21/14 10:07 PM, larrynachos wrote: Or people who just don't want a fucking smart phone.
I have a flip/slide phone you twat.

My phone isn't a smartphone. Just about the only "modern" thing it has is a full keyboard. And a 3G connection, but because the phone sucks and I can't tether it to my computers its unlimited data plan (first 2 GB at up to 3G speeds, everything after that reduced to 128Kbps, all for $45/mo as a GoPhone; still not bad considering if we go 1MB over our 50GB/mo plan for our internet (two households) and we all of a sudden have to start sawing off limbs) goes largely unused.

I'll put it to you this way: it has a 220x176 screen.

QuakeNet channel #newgrounds.com! Stop by and say hey.

-- sedrosken, formerly known as MR-DOS

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 22:30:48

I can go for three or four days on a single battery charge. And it's fully charged in about a half hour.

Sorry for the double post, forgot to mention something and I can't edit my post.

QuakeNet channel #newgrounds.com! Stop by and say hey.

-- sedrosken, formerly known as MR-DOS

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 22:32:06

I had one only like 2 years ago.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 22:59:28

Damn that 60 year old drug dealer next door that's cheating on his wife.

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 23:23:37

Psh, you think that's old.
I live in a poor country and a LOT of people still uses these kinds of phone in public.
Not flip phones though... either these old or the new touchscreen smartphones are what you see.

People who still use flip phones

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 23:40:33

At 8/21/14 11:25 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I remember having one temporarily at the end of eighth grade, thought it was great. Went all four years in high school with no cell phone at all, yay almost no social life by the time I graduated.

See, I didn't even have a cell phone when I was in high school. I didn't have one in college either for a long time. Now kids demand to have cell phones in high school and I've even seen really little kids with cell phones. Isn't that just a little spoiled?

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 23:46:28

i don't use a phone at all

Solwings formerly dalexj1337 - Being a sped online since 2014

BBS Signature

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 23:54:01

I still have a flip phone for two reasons - one, I have a greater degree of privacy, and two, my 'data' plan is from 1999 and would cost a significantly larger amount if I were to get data. I've been looking into getting a phone without service to use for testing games at some point.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-21 23:54:34

At 8/21/14 11:49 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 8/21/14 11:40 PM, NeonSpider wrote: See, I didn't even have a cell phone when I was in high school. I didn't have one in college either for a long time. Now kids demand to have cell phones in high school and I've even seen really little kids with cell phones. Isn't that just a little spoiled?
I kind of needed one starting in college since I had no way of getting around on my own yet.

Dorm room phone. Otherwise just talk to people face-to-face or e-mail if it's school-work related.

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-22 00:20:21

I literally wish so hard I had a flip phone but I am too addicted to the mp3 player on my phone

they were just so tough

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-22 00:20:27

I honestly think flip phones are more convenient from an actual phone standpoint.

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-22 00:24:47

i'd still be using my old flip phone or the other flip phone that was a sony ericsson or the slide phone if the internet wasn't slow or youtube wasn't slow.
plus a lot of apps are really useful

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-22 00:43:21

>muh internet

jesus people....phones are used to call people

>muh music

ffs...seems like ipods/mp3 players are a rare breed these days

>muh apps

what the hell does a computer mean to you? there is literally no need for your phone to have advanced programs unless you're some high ranking government official

>muh angry birds

this is truly appalling...what happened to talking to people face to face, playing sports, and just daydreaming to pass the time

Sent from my iPhone using the NewGroundsMobile App

BBS Signature

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-22 08:08:38

At 8/21/14 11:40 PM, NeonSpider wrote: See, I didn't even have a cell phone when I was in high school. I didn't have one in college either for a long time. Now kids demand to have cell phones in high school and I've even seen really little kids with cell phones. Isn't that just a little spoiled?

It's not spoiled it's just this generation relies on technology even more than we did.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-22 08:11:26

I've had my Samsung C3050 for 4 years

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-22 08:25:54

I used to think flip phones were hella cool.

I own one of those cheap Nokias.
Doesn't even have a camera, but the screen isn't monochromatic or game boy-like in any way.

It's so-and-so.

Good enough, really.

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-22 08:54:31

I finally got a cellphone last year, and I went with a prepaid flip one. No real frills (does have a camera, and I can get on the internet with it, but it isn't cheap), but it get's the job done.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-22 18:49:03

Gee, thanks. I have a so called brick phone because I hate smartphones, and like my technology old-school. But because of that, I'm old and/or up to no good?

Hello.

Response to People who still use flip phones 2014-08-28 22:27:27

Smart phones are sooo lame. A) a flip phone does everything a smart phone does, check internet, check email, bla bla bla, except it's not a stupid smart phone that breaks and is useless. Smartphone? lasts about 3 months before breaking and it costs a million dollars. Flip phone breaks? I dont care. PLUS the flip phone is cheaper on rates, and you think more when you text if you like that sort of thing and it's just all around less "oh I am using my phone and driving" and "oh I am using my phone at the supper table" or bla bla bla bla.

Flip phones are the way of the future. You want a tablet get a fucking ipad mini or some shit.

hurp

BBS Signature