00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Trying to think of an old game

588 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Trying to think of an old game 2014-08-21 15:40:00

I have all these really vague images (That I could be wrong about, don't take everything I say as "it absolutely was this way") in my head of a game I used to play when I was a kid. Hopefully someone can help me remember the title. I think it was gamecube/PS2 era, but more likely gamecube since I know I played it with my mom.

The main thing I remember is that it uses a turn based system similar to Off, where turns go by timers instead of a set order. "Ding, your turn is ready, take it whenever" sorta thing in real time.

I think the first(ish?) area was a big open grassy field with a small river running through it and a bridge, and lots of little first level trash enemies walking around. It used paper mario style battle starts where you can just avoid the battles by not running into the enemies in the world. In the area just after that you go through some kind of canyon, but still grassy, and rescue a shepard and his sheep from something. Shortly after that was a swamp area leading up to a village with houses on stilts or whatever, to keep them out of the water. At some point during the swamp area, you get a shield that sounds something like "scrotum" because I remember my mom making a joke about how the shield sounded like scrotum. Later on you get a cutlass from a pirate on a beach, cause I remember being a stupid kid and never having heard of a cutlass before, and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.

Some time after that, I believe late game, I remember fighting djinn/ifrit type enemies in a lava cave area with at least three or four party members.

The main character/first party member, I believe wore red clothes. The second one that I think you meet in the swamp area, was green and possibly some type of lizard man maybe? I remember the second character being an asshole.

Any of that sound familiar to anyone?

Response to Trying to think of an old game 2014-08-26 18:16:00

I dont honestly know myself and im hazarding a guess but could be Baten Kaitos