00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xbvuno just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Silent Hill With Fucking Kojima

2,756 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to New Silent Hill With Fucking Kojima 2014-08-21 02:01:27

I really love how the P.T manages to give off clues about what the story is about without directly telling the player

Response to New Silent Hill With Fucking Kojima 2014-08-21 08:38:46

Well, this sounds like it's gonna be pretty tight.

Response to New Silent Hill With Fucking Kojima 2014-08-24 19:13:53

I hope there's some stealth in it, horror stealth is severely underrated.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to New Silent Hill With Fucking Kojima 2014-08-24 19:40:10

I just hope it doesn't stick too closely to Silent Hill 2 or any established SH story. I really want to see something new and interesting here. The series got dull largely due to western devs playing it safe and just retreading the same paths. Seeing it back in the hands of a japanese developer alone is enough to make me excited, hopefully we'll end up with another truly great horror game.

Response to New Silent Hill With Fucking Kojima 2014-08-29 18:20:26

Played the PT. Fucking loved it, nice to see all the disturbing shit the series is known for is still around.

Stretched, bloody baby fetus wut?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to New Silent Hill With Fucking Kojima 2014-08-30 00:12:27

At 8/16/14 06:30 PM, sweet21 wrote: It's not scary at all. Read my post above you. Game is a god damn mess.

Now that I played the PT I'd just like to say that this post isn't entirely true. It's true that the demo is a lot like a point and click adventure, but some things are common sense in all fairness, like when the bathroom door is open for the first time. Although I will admit they should have at least told us about the zoom feature.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to New Silent Hill With Fucking Kojima 2014-09-08 11:03:21

I really don't think that P.T was the mess some people are saying it was. It was frustrating to not know what to do, and that's a good thing. I spent a lot of type just figuring out what to do on "X GOUGE IT OUT!" when the clue was right there in front of me.
Also, zooming in on the bottle wasn't necessary. There are twelve or so "pictures" in the game that you can find, and by zooming in on them a reddish font of foreign script appears on the screen for a quick second and then disappears soon after. Nobody has really determined what this is for, but they've discovered twelve or so I believe. I found them all on my second playthrough and although I managed to finish the game on that playthrough, I've always been able to beat the demo without finding any of them.
In fact, I tried a fourth playthrough just the other night, and managed to avoid the scene where you have no unlocked doors, you walk back to the original door, and get attacked by the woman. That never happened in this fourth playthrough. A ton of the scary shit you'd see in your first or second playthrough wasn't there.
Like somebody said in the first page, if you know the script of what's going to happen in the game, it's a piece of cake. I managed to beat it in about ten minutes last time I played.

Besides all of this though, the first playthrough for me was terrifying. It was late at night, and I had never even heard of what PT was. This was before I'd read all the rage online about it being the new Silent Hill teaser. I just saw a demo and took it to try it out. I love horror games, so it looked promising.
Needless to say, being a horror fan for my entire life, from movies to video games to books to whatever, PT scared the hell out of me the first time I played it.
There were parts that made me want to give up and stop. There were times I yelled at the game in a combination of both frustration and fear. I threw my controller across the room once.
The game was frustrating, eerie, and terrifying all at once. The atmosphere is captivating, everything about it pulled the player in and made it perfect in my opinion.

I have a feeling that the poster bitching about it being a mess and not being anywhere at all near scary is just bitter. I'm sure you went into the game with a poor attitude about it and probably have a difficult time enjoying a lot of things. Not every game has to be a 10/10.
But for a teaser, PT nailed it. The attention it received and all of that, it was perfect for them. I've never played a demo / teaser I loved so much, but it's for sure a 10 in my books.