00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GMan2006i just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animations and Youtube

548 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Animations and Youtube 2014-08-04 23:11:27

Related to Tom's thread, I do animations specially educational ones, like my current series "Learning Japanese in Anime style".

The animation is at it's minimum and is mostly focused on teaching Hiragana and Katakana, bigger animation projects takes obviously longer to make and less frequent to do.

My question here is, is it worth it for me to upload those educational animations here? Surely I won't beat the, fart, sexual or just parody animations, so, is it worthy?

Response to Animations and Youtube 2014-08-04 23:18:11

At 8/4/14 11:11 PM, TheSin wrote: Related to Tom's thread, I do animations specially educational ones, like my current series "Learning Japanese in Anime style".

The animation is at it's minimum and is mostly focused on teaching Hiragana and Katakana, bigger animation projects takes obviously longer to make and less frequent to do.

My question here is, is it worth it for me to upload those educational animations here? Surely I won't beat the, fart, sexual or just parody animations, so, is it worthy?

It only takes 2 minutes to upload something to newgrounds, you may only get 4k views here and 20k on YouTube, but what's the logic in limiting the amount of exposure you get? Surely having your content on as many outlets as possible is the best option. Plus the feedback you get here will be a lot more technical &/ helpful than the comments you get on yt

BBS Signature

Response to Animations and Youtube 2014-08-08 16:07:40

At 8/4/14 11:18 PM, Fim wrote:
At 8/4/14 11:11 PM, TheSin wrote: Related to Tom's thread, I do animations specially educational ones, like my current series "Learning Japanese in Anime style".

It only takes 2 minutes to upload something to newgrounds, you may only get 4k views here and 20k on YouTube, but what's the logic in limiting the amount of exposure you get? Surely having your content on as many outlets as possible is the best option. Plus the feedback you get here will be a lot more technical &/ helpful than the comments you get on yt

Pretty much what Fim said. The more sites you give out your animations on, the more exposure you can get. Plus you get criticism from people that actually know.
Plus I mean, really, don't compare yourself with animations that entertain people. What you're trying to do with your educational animations is TOTALLY different than what a parody about a video game tries to do to give out a laugh.

Of course it's worthy, but not because "it won't beat other animations", but because, personally, you seem to want to teach people. You want to educate them and help them learn something new, and that in itself is just freaking amazing. If you post it here, it's more likely to be able to be shown to more people, so of course if you have a chance to show your content to more people and teach them something new, then why not?

THE WORLD IS A LIE D:

Response to Animations and Youtube 2014-08-08 23:02:23

Thank you for the reply, I understand better now. ^^