00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Honey1200 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Game's Border

635 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

A Game's Border 2014-07-27 15:54:08

I have a question, take a game like skyrim. I want to make a mod that will triple or even quadruple it's land AND air space, and design new terrain but let's forget about the Terrain. WHY didn't Bethesda or any other game developer make this possible? Would it make things slow? With enough money, could we do it? just give me info on like what stops us from doing it. Thanks :)

Response to A Game's Border 2014-07-27 16:29:35

i've seen a few mods for oblivion that make the game bigger- i know of one that opens up elswyr and i think another that opens up black marsh- they're somewhere on the mods nexus.

Response to A Game's Border 2014-07-27 16:31:37

i remember reading somewhere that some people wanted to combine cyrodiil with skyrim,also cyrodiil is view able in skyrim on top of some mountain.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to A Game's Border 2014-07-27 17:22:27

Game devs don't do it because they have to deal with memory restrictions

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to A Game's Border 2014-07-27 20:16:10

I'm sure it is all possible with mods to the game however you'd need to know what you're doing if you were to design a whole new area

BBS Signature

Response to A Game's Border 2014-07-28 00:24:10

Making new lands takes time and memory, you have to make the terrain, landmarks, towns, dungeons, and then populate it with NPCs and monsters, all this while making it related to the lore and interested enough. That's my guess why they don't make the game huge.