00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games that reveal your personality.

808 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Certain games have the ability to draw out our best and highlight our weaknesses. Sometimes we learn things about ourselves that we might not have realized or have been able to put into words.

Age of Empires has taught me that I'm not a wartime consigliere. I can build a base up quick and have my economy going. I can scout and secure extra resources. I can set up a plan, build an army, and efficiently upgrade just what I need. Once the shit hits the fan I just can't roll with the punches.

I can't control my armies efficiently, I have poor instinct for when to attack and where. I send my men into battles they can't win. Often my efficient early game means I can weather late-game setbacks, but they shouldn't happen if I was efficiently running a war.

I kind of have the same issues with work and life outside games. I try to account for everything before trouble begins, but if the trouble falls outside my expectationd I have trouble changing my plans to deal with it.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Games that reveal your personality. 2014-07-26 17:40:51

With the amount of FPS games I've played I must say I'm a stone cold killing machine

BBS Signature

Response to Games that reveal your personality. 2014-07-27 04:05:23

Maybe we should get all world leaders and military higher ups to play Age of Empire just to find out how good of a leader they actually are.

Also I would say I'm about the same as you when it comes to RTS games. I'm really good at starting a good and strong war economy with all the right infrastructure, but when the enemies finally comes shit goes wrong fast.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Games that reveal your personality. 2014-07-27 04:17:57

The Silent Hill games attemp to psychoanalyze you... I don't know if that counts.

Response to Games that reveal your personality. 2014-07-28 02:33:23

It doesn't matter how simple the puzzle is. I will overanalyze it and find the most excessively complex solution.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Games that reveal your personality. 2014-07-28 11:30:38

Hmm Well I have noticed that leadership might not be something up my alley whenever I play StarCraft since I'm using more resources trying to see my race survive through the whole mission it makes it rather difficult when the fog of war is in the war because I want to know what they're planning from several feet away.

Response to Games that reveal your personality. 2014-07-28 18:04:37

Any games with collectible items test your greed. Some games have trap to punish that, like mimics.

Response to Games that reveal your personality. 2014-07-28 20:11:32

Always Sometimes Monsters

It's a game about life choices.

Response to Games that reveal your personality. 2014-07-28 23:18:54

At 7/28/14 02:33 AM, Chdonga wrote: It doesn't matter how simple the puzzle is. I will overanalyze it and find the most excessively complex solution.

Oh god, this shit right here. I can intentionally drag the most braindead fluff out for far longer than it deserves and I don't know why. I must have had five times as much playtime on the Professor Layton games compared to the average player.

Response to Games that reveal your personality. 2014-07-29 09:32:13

Urban Chaos and Half Life

Response to Games that reveal your personality. 2014-07-29 21:48:45

Black and White. My god it was fun watching that temple contort and grow spikes out of every possible place a temple can grow spikes out of.

Although, in all honesty, industrial-scale sacrificing of children was more down to the stupid amounts of prayer power it generated (and the advantage of never running out of miracle-juice as a result) than my own personal loathing of children. Not that I don't loathe children - far from it - but sometimes games with a moral grey area are usually influenced by gameplay benefits gained by making a choice you don't necessarily agree with from a moral standpoint, or would do in real life.