00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

why did egoraptor abandon us?

6,139 Views | 75 Replies

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 16:11:41

At 7/25/14 03:27 PM, davecooldude wrote: you cant talk to me like that this is not over

What?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 16:23:40

At 7/25/14 04:20 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 7/25/14 12:02 PM, Splats wrote: Obscene amounts of money. Like every other healthy individual would. Right?
Pretty much.

Also, I find it incredibly fucking hilarious that no one whined when xKore, Tobuscus, smosh, MrSMPSafetyFilms...

xKore is getting crazy amounts of pussy

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 16:25:13

The reason Newgrounds has such an appeal is that it's a place where anyone can upload their material. However, unlike Youtube, the community on Newgrounds is small enough that people can actually get recognition on Newgrounds, and gain some sort of a following. From there, they have fans and people that know them and want to see their work, so the appeal of Newgrounds is lost, and they're ready to move onto a bigger audience and a bigger opportunity for making money; Youtube.

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 16:29:55

At 7/25/14 02:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: Just about everyone moves on eventually, that's life. Maybe he would drop in more if people on the forums didn't make so much trash talk! Ego lives up to the AWESOME that is his namesake and deserves respect regardless of whether he is active on NG or not.

To be fair there's much of that not just against Egoraptor but against lots of people. There are people with nothing better to do than to latch on to some particular user(s) just to stalk them around and trash talk them.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 16:55:23

you know, i remember when he was here, people were hating him for being popular, calling him shitty and overrated
overrated? maybe that was true, but shitty? fuck no i love watching his stuff his animation is awesome.

but yeah, we seem to have this idea that the content creators owe us something, and that if something is popular it automatically makes it bad, we're toxic and to be honest we're really douchey a lot of the time. arin don't owe us shit, and i'm not saying money wasn't /a/ reason for him leaving us, but think about it, if we hadn't pissed him off so much, he'd probably still release the occasional animation over here, he wouldn't badmouth us occasionally on game grumps and here's a thought, maybe he wouldn't have left.

so basically, instead of putting all the blame on youtube money, we should look at ourselves as well, because it really is our fault, at least in part.

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 19:53:08

At 7/25/14 04:20 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Also, I find it incredibly fucking hilarious that no one whined when xKore, Tobuscus, smosh, MrSMPSafetyFilms, or other users who have gotten high up status on networks or youtube or record labels, but because Egoraptor left YET STILL SPEAKS OF NEWGROUNDS, it's so damn bad.

Start pulling your panties out of a wad kids.

Wait, Smosh and Tobuscus were on here at one point?
Huh, never knew that.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 20:25:23

because this community sucks. Why would he stick around in this shithole when he can make bank on Youtube?

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 20:28:42

Because he got sick of needy micronationalist people like OP serving up buttpraise all the time.

Actually, IDK, just being mean for the sake of vicarious fun...

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 21:26:40

At 7/25/14 08:20 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 7/25/14 12:49 PM, Radaketor wrote:
At 7/24/14 09:37 PM, fieldertiger wrote: Kid, there is no way that Egoraptor would ever care about being a stat whore on Newgrounds.
Why did you bring up stats?
Because the person who made this thread is obsessed with Egoraptor.

But you said Egoraptor wouldn't care about being a stat whore, what does OP's obsession have to do with Egoraptor's stats?

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 22:55:17

He got bills to pay, bruh.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 23:24:35

At 7/24/14 11:53 PM, Loki wrote: because i left him mean reviews

You jerk.

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 23:36:05

Because he's moved on to better pastures.

Greener pastures.

If you get my drift.

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-25 23:37:53

The whole world revolves around money

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 06:58:33

this community is adoring

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 10:08:03

At 7/25/14 02:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: Just about everyone moves on eventually, that's life. Maybe he would drop in more if people on the forums didn't make so much trash talk! Ego lives up to the AWESOME that is his namesake and deserves respect regardless of whether he is active on NG or not.

It's a shame that some of the more active and vocal members of Newgrounds tend to be asshats.

Plus, Egoraptor is also working a lot on Game Grumps, which is something I couldn't think should be shown on NG.

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 11:33:27

At 7/25/14 04:11 PM, Radaketor wrote:
At 7/25/14 03:27 PM, davecooldude wrote: you cant talk to me like that this is not over
What?

do you think egoraptor would take this laying dwn??? Do you think I will take this laying down????? Prepare yourself you just made a powerful enemy but if you take this last chance to repent maybe I'll let you walk away with your broken pride.

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 11:36:55

At 7/26/14 11:33 AM, davecooldude wrote: do you think egoraptor would take this laying dwn??? Do you think I will take this laying down????? Prepare yourself you just made a powerful enemy but if you take this last chance to repent maybe I'll let you walk away with your broken pride.

You are so weird.
And how can you be a powerful enemy? I'm pretty sure you'll leave Newgrounds in less than a week like most new users.

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 12:08:45

Because he has more fans than anyone on the entire website and the thing is, he realized that no matter what he did, people would love him and no one would be able to surpass his popularity on this website. Yeah, I'm pretty mad about this too.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 17:19:55

At 7/26/14 11:36 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 7/26/14 11:33 AM, davecooldude wrote: do you think egoraptor would take this laying dwn??? Do you think I will take this laying down????? Prepare yourself you just made a powerful enemy but if you take this last chance to repent maybe I'll let you walk away with your broken pride.
You are so weird.
And how can you be a powerful enemy? I'm pretty sure you'll leave Newgrounds in less than a week like most new users.

now to hell you go!!! Why didn't you back down? why didn't you let this big boy have his say and trample a meek creature like you. This is the day Newgrounds user "Radaketor" will be sent to newgrounds hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 18:41:08

At 7/26/14 06:20 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 7/26/14 05:19 PM, davecooldude wrote: now to hell you go!!! Why didn't you back down? why didn't you let this big boy have his say and trample a meek creature like you. This is the day Newgrounds user "Radaketor" will be sent to newgrounds hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So just because Radaketor said that something about you leaving in less than a week, you're damning him to hell? Why?

You just forced my hand, Ive got enough hell for everyone and Newgrounds User "fieldertiger" asked for a big slice of pwn!

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 19:17:56

At 7/26/14 06:49 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 7/26/14 06:41 PM, davecooldude wrote: You just forced my hand, Ive got enough hell for everyone and Newgrounds User "fieldertiger" asked for a big slice of pwn!
What are you doing with your fantasies of destroying Newgrounds users that don't even care about you?

your newgrounds days are numbered, do you think egoraptor will come to save you now?????

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 19:38:25

At 7/26/14 07:35 PM, fieldertiger wrote: the greatest person ever lived in this world.

yes, I am!

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 19:42:57

At 7/26/14 07:41 PM, fieldertiger wrote: Dude, are you trying to flame me or are you making some nerd war. Because I am not a nerd.

Egoraptor just pm me said "damn i hated fieldertiger" and then he thanked me for the "shitty day" I give the boy

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 19:52:37

DAMN EGORAPTOR FOR DOING THIS

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 19:52:58

At 7/26/14 07:45 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 7/26/14 07:42 PM, davecooldude wrote: Egoraptor just pm me said "damn i hated fieldertiger" and then he thanked me for the "shitty day" I give the boy
There is no possible way that Egoraptor said that he hates me. There is no evidence of a PM that was send to you made by Egoraptor. In fact, Egoraptor barely goes on Newgrounds nowadays. He's just making videos on his Game Grumps show. Also, how the hell does he even know you?

they call me the co-creator of Game Grumplings in some circles, but I wouldn't expect a baby newbaby baby like you to know that ! You thought i wouldn't have proof that egoraptor hates you but here it is!

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 20:00:27

At 7/26/14 07:58 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 7/26/14 07:52 PM, davecooldude wrote: egoraptor hates you but here it is!
Egoraptor. Egoraptor's Egoraptor.

he sent me another one!!!!!!!!! he hates you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 20:19:09

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 20:36:30

At 7/26/14 07:17 PM, davecooldude wrote: your newgrounds days are numbered, do you think egoraptor will come to save you now?????

You were only on here for a day. I don't think you're going to do much.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 20:38:52

At 7/26/14 08:00 PM, davecooldude wrote:
At 7/26/14 07:58 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 7/26/14 07:52 PM, davecooldude wrote: egoraptor hates you but here it is!
Egoraptor. Egoraptor's Egoraptor.
he sent me another one!!!!!!!!! he hates you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure he did.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to why did egoraptor abandon us? 2014-07-26 20:39:07

At 7/26/14 08:36 PM, poopmcfarts wrote:
At 7/26/14 07:17 PM, davecooldude wrote: your newgrounds days are numbered, do you think egoraptor will come to save you now?????
You were only on here for a day. I don't think you're going to do much.

now I've reported you to egoraptor too LOL

BBS Signature