00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

N0vasu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Another NG music thief?

1,202 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Another NG music thief? 2014-07-23 13:54:22

Hey guys,

Someone sent me a tweet alerting me to another guy who was selling some of my tracks Here

Obviously he's not selling them specifically on last.fm, but all "his" tracks are there. I'm not here to start another debate/argument/witch hunt like the one that happened last time, but I wanted to bring it up. I didn't recognize his other tracks, but there's a pretty good chance they might belong to some of you guys, or someone you know on NG.

Again, I'm not looking to start another debate on legal actions or whatever because the last one got pretty out of hand.

If you recognize a song, then you can take action against it. It appears the guy has a record label, but the record label was started by... himself. I haven't had any copyright claims against me yet by this guy, but at some point it could come up.

I don't get how these people think they'll go unnoticed forever.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Another NG music thief? 2014-07-24 01:52:16

I've had a similiar thing happen to me on last FM a couple of years back.

Get in contact with their administration staff ASAP. It took a couple of weeks but I was able to get unauthorized content of mine off there.

Response to Another NG music thief? 2014-07-24 03:07:27

Pardon me asking this stupid question because I haven't a clue as to how last.fm works. But did this guy write his own description, or did someone else fill it in for him?

Because it's a pretty stupid thing to do, but he's openly admitting a song from EnV (Envy) is stolen.

Response to Another NG music thief? 2014-07-24 07:59:11

How would you prove someone stole a track?

Response to Another NG music thief? 2014-07-24 16:42:28

At 7/24/14 07:59 AM, ManWhoDares wrote: How would you prove someone stole a track?

I've had to do it a few times. Contact the sources at which the stolen stuff is posted and let them know by providing links to the original. I've had a couple times where I've had to provide further proof (this was to a record label the guy got my stuff signed to under his name.)

It's not too bad, but it's something you really shouldn't have to do to protect our own work.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Another NG music thief? 2014-07-25 15:22:40

At 7/24/14 04:42 PM, Envy wrote:
At 7/24/14 07:59 AM, ManWhoDares wrote: How would you prove someone stole a track?
I've had to do it a few times. Contact the sources at which the stolen stuff is posted and let them know by providing links to the original. I've had a couple times where I've had to provide further proof (this was to a record label the guy got my stuff signed to under his name.)

It's not too bad, but it's something you really shouldn't have to do to protect our own work.

It's not possible to mail the site with some small explanation and material proof to get them on your side and to get the problem solved quickly? I don't have any experience with this so please do not take post as some shitposting.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature