00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JimmiJam08 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xbox one sucks

3,307 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Xbox one sucks 2014-07-23 00:51:27

This is 1 reason why the Xbox one sucks. It cant play old Xbox 360 games. I'm just going to get the Xbox 360.What is your opinion about Xbox ones

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-23 01:32:42

At 7/9/14 03:44 PM, RedRobinR wrote: Fine I will continue Newgrounds when I'm older. In the meantime I will have to find something else to go on. Seya in 2 years.

Shouldn't you still be on that two-year leave?

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-23 02:49:12

At 7/9/14 03:44 PM, RedRobinR wrote: Fine I will continue Newgrounds when I'm older. In the meantime I will have to find something else to go on. Seya in 2 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ovm1J_AxLQ

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-23 03:16:12

It's really cumbersome and expensive to put backwards compatibility in a console. And emulation is annoyingly shit on consoles.

In reality the Xbox One sucks because of its lackluster library of exclusives. The only interesting game on there right now is Sunset Overdrive and I'm sure it'll get a PS4 release eventually.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-23 09:39:00

At 7/23/14 03:16 AM, Chdonga wrote: In reality the Xbox One sucks because of its lackluster library of exclusives. The only interesting game on there right now is Sunset Overdrive and I'm sure it'll get a PS4 release eventually.

In all honesty, both consoles (ps4 and xbone) have shit exclusives, doesn't matter how much you have, if they suck then you can't get around that. Infamous is alright, for a day or two, and Titanfall doesn't have enough to offer for me to buy at full retail price then pay every month or so for online to play it. Nintendo is the only one getting things right, exclusive wise, right now the wii u has pikmin 3, mario u, mario 3d world, mario kart 8, zelda ww hd, wonderful 101 and a couple others probably. Ps4 as infamous and killzone and xbone has forza and that's it. If nintendo actually advertised the wii u, I would bet all my possessions it will sell the most right now, until Naughty Dog and 343 get a game out, but that depends if the new Zelda is out yet by then.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-23 10:02:35

At 7/23/14 12:51 AM, RedRobinR wrote: This is 1 reason why the Xbox one sucks. It cant play old Xbox 360 games. I'm just going to get the Xbox 360.What is your opinion about Xbox ones

I am not a fan of the Xbox one. Even the name is stupid, it is the third console not the first.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-23 15:31:10

At 7/23/14 10:02 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: it is the third console not the first.

It could be their last...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-23 18:18:57

At 7/23/14 05:32 PM, fieldertiger wrote: So because the XBOX One doesn't have backward compatibilities with the 360, it can be counted as one of the worst consoles of all time?

Yes, and the name is confusing, especially to parents. " You want an Xbox 1, okay here is your Xbox. I asked them for the first Xbox. "

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-23 19:06:17

At 7/23/14 06:23 PM, fieldertiger wrote:

:Why can't they name the XBOX One as the XBOX 720? I have been waiting for that name for six years.

That name would make more sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-23 22:25:54

Not this again.
I thought this hate was over. But ONCE again. Someone named you, Revived it.

Xbox one sucks

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-24 21:11:30

Backwards compatibility has nothing to do with making any console "suck." The one console that does have it has been struggling just to survive, and its fortunes only improve recently.

I do think the XBone is a weak choice, in a different way. The PS4 is a more powerful console and with a better value. The only things the XBone has that stand out are the Kinect and exclusive games...and the Kinect is slowly fading away. Exclusives won't be enough to convince me to buy one.

I currently own a Wii U. I am thinking about another console though, and the PS4 just has more compelling features.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-25 07:35:09

ohhh really you dont say

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-25 14:12:31

Xbox one sucks because Microsoft focuses too much on shooters. PS4 sucks right now because of the small library, and plus, I'm holding out for Guilty Gear Xrd.

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-26 17:22:43

At 7/23/14 02:49 AM, poopmcfarts wrote:

Great you scared him away.
:again

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-26 20:50:03

At 7/26/14 05:22 PM, vidyagames wrote:
At 7/23/14 02:49 AM, poopmcfarts wrote:
Great you scared him away.
again

I'm sorry.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-27 00:06:15

At 7/23/14 03:16 AM, Chdonga wrote: It's really cumbersome and expensive to put backwards compatibility in a console. And emulation is annoyingly shit on consoles.

Sure, tell that to the creators of the previous 2 generations consoles, they had no problem doing it at all. The Wii even played different size dvds.

They use any excuse they can think of to refuse to add backward compatibility because they know that if people play older games they won't bother getting new ones as the new ones are shit. And yes, they are shit. I have yet to see a single new generation game worth playing. People may say the new dead rising but the previous one was better, and the new metal gear demo is good if you want to waste money on a demo.

I am very happy to never buy one of these pointless excuses for consoles. At least the WiiU tried. What they tried with made no one want to make games for it, but they tried anyway which is better than can be said for others.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-27 00:50:16

At 7/27/14 12:06 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 7/23/14 03:16 AM, Chdonga wrote: It's really cumbersome and expensive to put backwards compatibility in a console. And emulation is annoyingly shit on consoles.
Sure, tell that to the creators of the previous 2 generations consoles, they had no problem doing it at all. The Wii even played different size dvds.

They use any excuse they can think of to refuse to add backward compatibility because they know that if people play older games they won't bother getting new ones as the new ones are shit. And yes, they are shit. I have yet to see a single new generation game worth playing. People may say the new dead rising but the previous one was better, and the new metal gear demo is good if you want to waste money on a demo.

I am very happy to never buy one of these pointless excuses for consoles. At least the WiiU tried. What they tried with made no one want to make games for it, but they tried anyway which is better than can be said for others.

The hardware for the Wii was almost identical to the gamecube. So was the PS2's hardware to the PS1. The PS3 had completely new hardware. The reason it could play PS1 and PS2 games was because it literally had PS1's hardware inside of it and it used a software based emulator for the PS2. If you have a good eye or just a huge library of PS2 titles, you'll find quite a few bugs in it. It took too much money and time to refine the PS2 emulator and releasing a PS3 model that had PS1, 2, and 3's hardware was just inane. It's not an excuse, it's the actual reason why the PS3 was so expensive at launch.
When you buy a console with backwards compatibility you're not just buying a console. You're buying a console and every console it can emulate. Sony and Microsoft made a good decision to not have backwards compatibility. It would only bloat the price of the PS4 and Xbone even more. I wish they made barebone models that only played games. Just sell the other frills as addons. I buy consoles to play games, not to "get connected".

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-27 00:58:47

What an original and elaborate opinion.

Also, get outta town.
Your two-year leave isn't over yet you "11 year old".

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-28 18:52:33

At 7/23/14 10:25 PM, zmosh wrote: Not this again.
I thought this hate was over. But ONCE again. Someone named you, Revived it.

You can justify your buyer's remorse all you like, the console still objectively sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-07-30 14:35:26

The Xbox one does suck. Maybe they will get it right next console?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-08-02 19:37:55

Yes, game companies are getting rather lazy with their systems...

Maybe it's true that backwards compatibility isn't detrimental to the survival of "said" game companies, but it's rather the fact that this is a matter of courtesy. People argue that it shouldn't matter but it honestly does because old consoles can fry, then what will you have to play your PS2 games on when you don't have a first-gen PS3 fat or another replacement PS2?

So the first-gen PS3 fat can play PS2 games while all the others can only play PSX

I guess the point is that they're NOT leaving behind too many ways to play your original disc-based games. They want us to download everything nowadays and I don't know about you but I prefer to have hard copies when it comes to things like video games, albums, etc.

I think that there SHOULD be backwards compatibilities, only for the fact that the old systems probably won't outlast the new ones much longer now... and if they do manage to last forever, then how the fuck are we moving forward?

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-08-03 21:44:19

Backwards compatibilities is a feature that all new consoles should require. Without it, a console is lacking.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-08-03 22:17:47

At 8/3/14 09:44 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Backwards compatibilities is a feature that all new consoles should require. Without it, a console is lacking.

I second this.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-08-04 10:26:14

At 8/4/14 02:10 AM, Xenomit wrote: Backwards compatibility is for poor people who can't afford to have the older consoles.

I have the older console, but there are certain factors that prevent me from using it, such as missing/broken controllers or lack of tv ports. Now I'm not saying the xbox one should be able to play the original xbox's games, but it should be able to at least play 360 games.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-08-04 11:20:22

At 8/4/14 10:26 AM, larrynachos wrote:
At 8/4/14 02:10 AM, Xenomit wrote: Backwards compatibility is for poor people who can't afford to have the older consoles.
I have the older console, but there are certain factors that prevent me from using it, such as missing/broken controllers or lack of tv ports.

The Xbone is $499. If the problem is missing tv ports or broken controllers, you should just get replacements from Gamestop. If the console itself is broken, you can get a refurbished 360 for a little over $100. You could probably find one for less on Craigslist. You shouldn't rely on a newer console having backwards compatibility when re-buying the older system is so much cheaper.
If you want to play original Xbox games, you should find an original Xbox because the 360 has issues playing certain titles. I think it won't even play original Xbox titles that are available on the 360.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-08-04 17:44:33

Well old game consoles couldnt do that either with cartridges. I am just waiting for a reason to buy these machines. Hopefully there'll be lots of cool games waiting

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-08-04 19:32:46

At 7/23/14 10:02 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/23/14 12:51 AM, RedRobinR wrote: This is 1 reason why the Xbox one sucks. It cant play old Xbox 360 games. I'm just going to get the Xbox 360.What is your opinion about Xbox ones
I am not a fan of the Xbox one. Even the name is stupid, it is the third console not the first.

And the only reason why it was named Xbox One is because it's *all in one* when it comes to those other applications it had from what I noticed other then the ability to play only Xbox One games.

But I seriously think the worst console name anyone can think of is the Wii U from Nintendo, due to the sheer fact it just doesn't sound right if people know exactly what I mean by.

If only the 8th Generation Xbox system had backwards compatibility including bringing Arcades and Indie games like the Xbox 360 did, only then I be more interested (making it so the Xbox One Kinect no longer a requirement for Microsoft's 8th Generation Console just isn't enough).

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-08-04 21:02:54

I'm find with there being no backwards combatibility. I mean, it happens and it's more expensive for consoles to do. I would like to be able to play 360 games on a Xbox One, but I think I'll survive. I'll just keep my 360.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-08-04 21:30:00

Just gonna put this here.

Xbox one sucks

My YouTube Channel feel free to support me on Ko-Fi

I do video essays on ATLUS games

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox one sucks 2014-08-05 06:40:19

I agree that XBox One Sucks, PS4 is still better.