00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

vestik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

People argue over the dumbest shit.

655 Views | 9 Replies

You make a thread, and people post their opinions. Little, simple opinions, and usually just want the OP to see their comment. Why do people reply, wanting to start arguments? Ive seen this so many times, it then gets into name calling, and calling others dumb when I didn't even want the thread to turn out like that.

BBS Signature

Response to People argue over the dumbest shit. 2014-07-19 00:36:52

Shall I begin, or you?

Response to People argue over the dumbest shit. 2014-07-19 00:38:20

At 7/19/14 12:35 AM, WahyahRanger wrote: You do realize exactly what's going to happen here, right?

Ah shit..

BBS Signature

Response to People argue over the dumbest shit. 2014-07-19 00:59:33

Indeed they do. The internet provides you with a mask of anonymity and a sense of comfort, so people can feel free to fight over stupid shit. People who go on the internet are also rather easily irritable over such stupid subjects. We've all been guilty of having arguments over the internet. Whether it was on here, on another forum, or on some comments section somewhere.

Here's some footage of an average internet argument.

Response to People argue over the dumbest shit. 2014-07-19 01:07:18

Because some people make their entire self-worth based on putting people down to make themselves look better, so they'll latch on to one or a few users to start pointless arguments to "prove" the person they latched onto is stupid although usually it just makes the leech look desperate and stupid.

There are some common themes to look for though.

-"Doesn't like to argue" although argues profusely.
-Age somewhere around 18 - 25.
-Usually but not always male
-Ad hominem out the wazzoo

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to People argue over the dumbest shit. 2014-07-19 01:23:12

At 7/19/14 01:10 AM, Entice wrote: Maybe it's because you're dumb, didn't think of that did you?

Nope, I thought I was a Transexual T-rex.

BBS Signature

Response to People argue over the dumbest shit. 2014-07-19 02:04:23

At 7/19/14 12:41 AM, WahyahRanger wrote: To be completely honest in like May I was super depressed and I started shit with everyone here.

I remember that. Even then I could tell you were actually a solid dude who was just a little bent out of shape. Glad to see you in better spirits these days.

BBS Signature

Response to People argue over the dumbest shit. 2014-07-19 06:59:55

If you feel arguments are over things which are worthless than it is likely you misinterpreting the topic's worth, rather than the topic actually being worthless. The only truly worthless arguments I can think of would be those of a subjective nature-

Godsmack sucks
Godsmack fuckin rulez
Nuh-uh
Fuck you

In most cases even if the topic is seemingly worthless there is an underlying principle of great value. Thinking about any issue illogically, regardless how small it is, represents an inherent danger. A danger to oneself and their own thought processes about other topics. A danger to those around them and society by extension.

Arguing is a fundamental duty of humans. In order to better ourselves we must seek to better our thoughts. In order to better our community, our society, our nation, our world we must seek to better others' thoughts as well.

Response to People argue over the dumbest shit. 2014-07-19 07:11:38

At 7/19/14 12:41 AM, WahyahRanger wrote: To be completely honest in like May I was super depressed and I started shit with everyone here. Not I just throw in stupid, sarcastic input here and there and hope nobody takes it seriously.

I don't remember that at all.

At 7/19/14 01:25 AM, Voltage wrote: you and I put the "U" and "I" in suicide

People argue over the dumbest shit.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to People argue over the dumbest shit. 2014-07-19 07:23:48

Its good to complain when there are stupid stuff. But i like that this community has the way of posting and asking questions