00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The ultimate netbook is here

356 Views | 6 Replies

The ultimate netbook is here 2014-07-14 21:12:54

ASUS has released what is quite possibly the coolest netbook ever made... the Zenbook UX301. It is about 15.5mm thick.

Specs:
Display: 13.3" 2560*1440 WQHD Touchscreen
CPU: 4th gen Intel Core i7 dual-core (2.8 GHz, 3.3 GHz turbo boost)
Memory: 8GB DDR3L 1066MHz
Storage: up to two 256 GB SSDs in RAID 0 (512 GB total)
Wireless: 802.11 AC

Steam username: Deutschgeck

BBS Signature

Response to The ultimate netbook is here 2014-07-14 21:21:19

Don't care.
Netbooks suck.
Laptops and PCs are waaaay better.

Response to The ultimate netbook is here 2014-07-14 22:17:49

What's the point of 1440p on a netbook? How much does that fucking thing cost?

BBS Signature

Response to The ultimate netbook is here 2014-07-15 00:27:42

At 7/14/14 09:21 PM, NGPulp wrote: Don't care.
Netbooks suck.
Laptops and PCs are waaaay better.

I thought they were replaced by tablets.

BBS Signature

Response to The ultimate netbook is here 2014-07-15 01:25:19

At 7/15/14 12:27 AM, NuclearInfected wrote: I thought they were replaced by tablets.

Nope.

Tablets don't even have as much free room to work with as PCs and Laptops do.
They're just an option for people "on the go".

Response to The ultimate netbook is here 2014-07-15 01:42:05

ASUS has left a sour taste in my mouth. Would not buy. Would never buy an ASUS motherboard or another ASUS product again.

Not only was the motherboard faulty, but the other components (cables/etc...) were not usable on non-ASUS motherboards because ASUS decided to really stick it to their customers like that so that in the event your motherboard failed you couldn't even re-use cables unless with another ASUS-branded motherboard. Vs. pretty much everyone else going with generic cables and not that proprietary crap. Was a few years ago but good enough not to give them another chance.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to The ultimate netbook is here 2014-07-15 01:51:27

At 7/15/14 01:42 AM, NeonSpider wrote: ASUS has left a sour taste in my mouth. Would not buy. Would never buy an ASUS motherboard or another ASUS product again.

Not only was the motherboard faulty, but the other components (cables/etc...) were not usable on non-ASUS motherboards because ASUS decided to really stick it to their customers like that so that in the event your motherboard failed you couldn't even re-use cables unless with another ASUS-branded motherboard. Vs. pretty much everyone else going with generic cables and not that proprietary crap. Was a few years ago but good enough not to give them another chance.

Oh and if you're wondering how they did this, they would intentionally blank-out certain pins on the cables which were pins ASUS motherboards didn't use but other motherboards did, so a standard cable would work on any motherboard, including ASUS, but the ASUS cables only worked on ASUS. It's basically equivalent to filling some of the pin holes up with cement. Now obviously such a cable won't work on a motherboard which has that pin (almost anything that's not ASUS).

Dirty dirty intentional greedy anti-customer move that and ticked me off far more than just a failing motherboard. Because it meant literally nothing of it was salvageable. Because I sure as hell wouldn't buy another ASUS after they pulled that stunt.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here