00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

extradoodley just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

As3 Flash Uicomponent

419 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

As3 Flash Uicomponent 2014-07-12 20:48:13

As a fun challenge I decided to make a complete copy of the UI components of flash instead of directly using it. And while I figured out most of the things, I'm not quite sure about a few things, how styles and skins are really stored (because I somewhat doubt it's just a simple private var. And also how drawing and redrawing work on a few thing, because when I checked the displaylist of a lablebutton, it shows only one symbol, the label, but not the skin itself, is it graphically drawn?

Response to As3 Flash Uicomponent 2014-07-12 20:53:26

At 7/12/14 08:48 PM, NecroBlight wrote: As a fun challenge I decided to make a complete copy of the UI components of flash instead of directly using it. And while I figured out most of the things, I'm not quite sure about a few things, how styles and skins are really stored (because I somewhat doubt it's just a simple private var. And also how drawing and redrawing work on a few thing, because when I checked the displaylist of a lablebutton, it shows only one symbol, the label, but not the skin itself, is it graphically drawn?

I think the skins are located in a folder in flash pro, in a swc or something. Best resource to learn from/use for UI is MinimalComps.