00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Feed & Email Update

15,247 Views | 113 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 12:32:04

PsychoGoldfish just pushed a big feed update live. If you aren't logged in, you won't notice. Sign up to join the fun!

Get to your feed by clicking "YOUR FEED" on the far right of the navbar.

Important notes:

1) You will probably see a GIANT number of new feed items noted on the front page. This is because the new system has been running for a while now. The number will reset when you look at it.

2) The star in the header now only appears when you have new feed items. It no longer serves as a mini-feed.

3) The friends button in the header now only appears when you have pending requests.

4) When browsing your feed, click the GEAR icon on an item for an explanation of why it is there and the ability to exclude it from your feed. The page to manage these details is another week away so you won't be able to undo things you remove at the moment.

We'll be watching to see what concerns crop up as a result of the new system. It might feel like information overload at first but give it a chance to soak in!

EMAIL UPDATE

We updated the formatting of our emails this week, they now look like this.

The weird thing is that gmail appears to be sending the emails to the SPAM folder. They weren't previously going there so it could be something with the formatting, but to our knowledge we are following all of Google's recommendations. We'll be doing tests each day with changes to see if that solves it.

Can you please do the following?

1) Check your spam folder for emails from Newgrounds. If they are there, click the "Not SPAM" button at the top of the page when you read the email.

2) Check your email address on file and make sure it is up-to-date, so we aren't sending emails to a bad address.

If you want to be sure you are / aren't getting the emails, manage your subscriptions!

BEST OF JUNE

The Best of June were announced on Monday, please check them out if you haven't.

GREENLIGHT

Help Greenlight Move Or Die! by NG regular 4urentertainment!

GAME JAM 10

The theme will be announced this Friday at 6pm EST! More info.

Zeedox is looking for a team.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 12:37:24

i was blown away when i saw 50,000.
Thanks luis.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 12:39:54

Wonderful update! Feels 1000% more usable and user friendly.

Looking forward to the jam this weekend!

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 12:42:07

Nice. Now "she" will be able to notice my messages. ;)

I thought something smelled, I guess it was just you. By the way, I dated your sister.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 12:42:37

I like it :), though I don't really like how my friends submission show up under "Latest from favourites :/"
Have a feeking it might become annoying in the future.

Just a random idiot

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 12:46:03

I was a little shocked when I saw that I had like a thousand updates to say the least.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 12:53:32

Mama Mia that's a lota notifcations

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 12:54:10

The top bar looks empty, but now I have a reason to click the feed button.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 12:56:47

You had me there. I thought Fax news discovered my dirty dealings and shit hit the fan.

Keep up the good work, team NG!

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 12:58:15

The theme better include Ideatron.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:00:17

At first I thought I was hacked or spammed or something, because there were so many!

I'm really liking the new interface, but do I really need a notification every time my friends fan someone? It get's a bit annoying (however, I really really like the notification when a user follows ME).

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:03:44

At 7/9/14 01:00 PM, larrynachos wrote: At first I thought I was hacked or spammed or something, because there were so many!

I'm really liking the new interface, but do I really need a notification every time my friends fan someone? It get's a bit annoying (however, I really really like the notification when a user follows ME).

Oh man, I can turn them off 11/10 super thoughtful thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:03:55

woooohoho
ahahaha thats a really nice uptade!
I like it!

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:07:27

At 7/9/14 01:00 PM, larrynachos wrote: I'm really liking the new interface, but do I really need a notification every time my friends fan someone? It get's a bit annoying (however, I really really like the notification when a user follows ME).

You can click the gear to disable that notification... We'll have to consider if we want some to be disabled by default, once we have the management tool in place.

The cool thing about that notification though is you can discover new artists through your friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:08:32

Thought I was popular for a minute when i saw all those notifications. GUESS NOT.

Anyway, I like that the star goes away when you have nothing new. I'm all about keeping that shit up there as clutter free as possible.

Also first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:09:46

The Audio Portal called

they said they wanted their long overdue update

Feed & Email Update

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:12:34

At 7/9/14 01:09 PM, JRob wrote: The Audio Portal called

Didn't they already get the update back in 2012?

Still I do miss A-Bot and Darnell jamming to the weekly audio thing so...hint hint?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:14:54

This is unexpected and amazing. Thanks guys!

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:17:04

One question:
Will there be a way to hinder my friends from seeing what news posts or forum posts I've commented on?
Will be kinda annoying that they will be able to find out every single thing I do on the site :/.

Just a random idiot

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:25:54

At 7/9/14 01:12 PM, Wegra wrote:

I think you meant "downgrade."

The player is a resource hog and usually ends up crashing flash, there's absolutely no incentive to vote in it, making 0-voting more powerful, barely anyone pays attention to it, so there are an infinitesimally small number of views on submissions in comparison to the games and movies (which helps strengthen 0-voting even more), shit looping options, no download options for uploaders, there are too limited options for attributing roles to users, a bug that keeps beta testers from viewing the audio during the project management phase, unless set to allow for at least registered users to see it, various other bugs, etc.

The Audio Portal is begging for an update. Nonon demands an update.

Feed & Email Update

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:26:53

Erhm.. i kinda liked the update on the system, but now how can i check if a friend is online without the ''Newgrounds Social'' button?

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:29:47

At 7/9/14 01:25 PM, JRob wrote:
At 7/9/14 01:12 PM, Wegra wrote:

I think you meant "downgrade."

Good point

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:35:37

I think the update is great. I'll have to delete some people off of my feed who say a whole lotta nothing all the time, but now that this system is like RIGHT ON TOP OF IT, theres some people I genuinely want to keep up with whom I haven't added yet. I sincerely hope this system isn't taken away when its something we could all get used to and adapt to.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:43:15

At 7/9/14 01:17 PM, enochcity wrote: One question:
Will there be a way to hinder my friends from seeing what news posts or forum posts I've commented on?
Will be kinda annoying that they will be able to find out every single thing I do on the site :/.

This is your chance to become NSA, tho...

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:44:40

I think that the feed visual presentation could be cleaned up a little. Kind of hard to do with the heavy duty headers and styling of the current layout but I think it could be doable.

One of the nice things of the old chat (RIP) was that it was very straightforward and functional in its presentation. It didnt have modules within modules or heavy duty styling to it and it got the job done and kept things compact and flowy.

I'll have to mock something up someday

None

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:58:03

At 7/9/14 01:27 PM, Xenomit wrote: Are forum replies and all the other feed items separate? Please tell me forum replies and other feed items are separate.

You can use the menu on the left to drill down to those individual feeds, vs the global feed.

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:59:22

At 7/9/14 01:44 PM, Luis wrote: I think that the feed visual presentation could be cleaned up a little. Kind of hard to do with the heavy duty headers and styling of the current layout but I think it could be doable.

Yeah the current layout definitely feels heave when you have that many boxes... Another motivator for pushing ahead with the streamlined mobile-friendly layout.

I'll have to mock something up someday

OK

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 13:59:57

At 7/9/14 01:58 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/9/14 01:27 PM, Xenomit wrote: Are forum replies and all the other feed items separate? Please tell me forum replies and other feed items are separate.
You can use the menu on the left to drill down to those individual feeds, vs the global feed.

One of the future updates will be a set of configuration pages where you will be able to manage things you have blocked, and you will be able to customize your default feed without having to straight up ignore things globally.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 14:05:22

it's kinda annoying that i see a notifcation on your every forum post (or others i follow/friend )
ps check pm tom + waiting for a response:*

Feed & Email Update

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 14:13:48

At 7/9/14 01:44 PM, Luis wrote: I'll have to mock something up someday

Someday...