00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Feed & Email Update

15,199 Views | 113 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 14:29:30

No offenceTom but

It's annoying to get messages when a friend responds a topic I'm not watching or he/she made new friends.

I hope there're options to prevent getting those notes.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 14:32:13

At 7/9/14 02:13 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 7/9/14 01:44 PM, Luis wrote: I'll have to mock something up someday
Someday...

I'm thinking i'll probably swing by the office over the weekend and get some files out of my old computer relating to the mobile stuff. I've been meaning to do that ages ago but I've been away most weekends. I told BehemothJosh to put that machine near my old desk so i could hook it up. Dont know if he did that yet or not.

But I'll probably make a weekend project of it on Sat.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 14:35:13

When I saw all those notifications for a second I was like omg track reviews haha.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 14:39:16

At 7/9/14 02:21 PM, Xenomit wrote: Is there any way to block the feed without unfriending everyone? I really don't want the frontpage cluttered with 100 notifications per hour of someone posting in a thread I had nothing to do with, or someone commenting on a submission I don't care about.

I took off the notice that says you have XYZ new feed events. It'll only bug you when you get a direct interaction now

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 14:41:09

I feel so popular. :)

I lost the game.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 14:51:52

Nice job. I noticed it suddenly, I happened to be browsing.
I wish it would send you an email as soon as you get a PM, just a minor quirk.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 14:59:24

Well I did like to be able see a quick pop up of recent notices of my subscription list.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 15:13:51

I guess it's okay, but it sure reminds me of a Panopticon, omnipotent electric eye.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 15:20:42

I like it, lots of added stuff for the ocd/stalker crowd whom obviously need love too.

This aside i can't add any more art favourites because the cap is set to 1k, how will the artists i adore and love know that i am hoarding their art on my profile if i can't continue hoarding their art on my profile?

Tom, do something!

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 15:54:25

At 7/9/14 03:00 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 7/9/14 02:51 PM, Mia wrote: I wish it would send you an email as soon as you get a PM, just a minor quirk.
http://www.newgrounds.com/account/subscriptions

"sent on a weekly basis"

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 16:29:37

I would like to watch activities of only a few of my selected favorite artists, but to do that I have to ignore everyone except those friends, and I'd like a customizable list which is easier to manage.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 16:30:38

141 New interactions... SHYETT!

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 16:39:51

Just when I was in mood to check up NG, suddenly loads of 'interactions' appear! They are goddamn wild beasts and one click slaughtered them all!

"I fapped to this topic."

- Razeroath.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 16:57:34

This makes me glad I've denied every friend request. Though it does make NG friends more purposeful.

While we're getting settings for things, would it be possible to get the option to display all dates in an absolute format. This "2 days ago" crap is irritating. It's insulting to people's intelligence to assume they can't subtract the time something was posted from the current time. And on top of that t provides less information then the exact time.

So it won't look like I'm just here to complain, congrats on getting something updated :3

P.S. Update the audio portal.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 17:03:04

At 7/9/14 03:20 PM, theeketel wrote: This aside i can't add any more art favourites because the cap is set to 1k, how will the artists i adore and love know that i am hoarding their art on my profile if i can't continue hoarding their art on my profile?

You're good to go.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 17:08:02

At 7/9/14 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote:

1) You will probably see a GIANT number of new feed items noted on the front page. This is because the new system has been running for a while now. The number will reset when you look at it.

2) The star in the header now only appears when you have new feed items. It no longer serves as a mini-feed.

3) The friends button in the header now only appears when you have pending requests.

:Oh good I thought some bug corrupted my account

Zuper Account User

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 17:24:37

Even though its an update it feels less streamlined like it had been, it's ok but before I could jsut click the star and see what was up. Also the fact that it gives notifs for everything might be a little annoying as a lot of them I dont care about and theyll probably jsut stack up for less frequent users.

I dont know, I kind of dont like it but we'll see.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 17:24:39

At 7/9/14 01:09 PM, JRob wrote: The Audio Portal called

they said they wanted their long overdue update

Pretty please?

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 17:35:51

Are you going to answer this phone already? The Audio Portal really wants an update, like, bad.

Feed & Email Update

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 17:43:12

1) You will probably see a GIANT number of new feed items noted on the front page. This is because the new system has been running for a while now. The number will reset when you look at it.

Dang. I thought people just really loved me a whole lot. ;___;

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 17:45:44

At 7/9/14 02:30 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: No friends button?
How will I see which friends are online now?

This.

This new update is irritating. Don't fix something that isn't broken. I also can't see if any friend requests I sent out are still pending or not. Why would you make it so we can't see our friends list or our forum or blog replies unless we get a friend request or a reply? It's literally something that had no problems. Now instead of clicking once to see who's online I have to take several to try and find them on the BBS.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 17:52:18

At 7/9/14 05:45 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
This new update is irritating. Don't fix something that isn't broken. I also can't see if any friend requests I sent out are still pending or not. Why would you make it so we can't see our friends list or our forum or blog replies unless we get a friend request or a reply? It's literally something that had no problems. Now instead of clicking once to see who's online I have to take several to try and find them on the BBS.

Wait, NOW I see, I have to click on the front page, click view all, and click on friends to see my friend list. WAY more convenient...

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 17:57:47

At 7/9/14 05:03 PM, liljim wrote:
You're good to go.

Much obliged.

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 18:07:15

At 7/9/14 05:52 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Wait, NOW I see, I have to click on the front page, click view all, and click on friends to see my friend list. WAY more convenient...

Or you could use the 'Your Feed' button in the top navigation of EVERY PAGE, that's been there for months now

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 18:19:56

At 7/9/14 06:07 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 7/9/14 05:52 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Wait, NOW I see, I have to click on the front page, click view all, and click on friends to see my friend list. WAY more convenient...
Or you could use the 'Your Feed' button in the top navigation of EVERY PAGE, that's been there for months now

Gawwwd that button is just to click!

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 18:29:01

Well that sudden update gave me a surprise. 44 notifications isn't as much as what others have had but at first I thought I got a mass friend request or tons of forum replies from out of nowhere or something. Loving the updates, though.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 18:44:56

At 7/9/14 06:07 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:

I literally just noticed that's what that button is for. My bad, I always did it the other way without realizing I could do it another way.

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 18:50:33

instead of this bullshit how about a chat, a lit portal and a mobile version? ohh thats right thats too much work.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 18:53:13

At 7/9/14 05:43 PM, headphoamz wrote: Dang. I thought people just really loved me a whole lot. ;___;

We do.

Don't let the system fool you.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-09 18:57:02

I was almost like 50 notifications i was like "WHAT DA FUCK? DAT'S A LOT OF NOTIFICATIONS!"

There was a lot of old stuff i did on NG from new to old.

PLEASE NG! WHY IS THERE A LOT OF NOTIFICATIONS!

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana