00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Art of Fredskov

535 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Art of Fredskov 2014-06-27 11:54:57

Just finished up a new illustration to celebrate the weekend. And with that i thought it would be time for me to create an art thread on the forums. So here goes!

Anything i can do better on this friendly nerd?

The Art of Fredskov

Take a look in my virtual gallery - Art of Fredskov

Response to The Art of Fredskov 2014-06-27 14:07:36

yeah, everything else seems to cast a shadow somewhere on the figure, but not the glasses.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Fredskov 2014-06-27 14:28:52

At 6/27/14 02:07 PM, Template88 wrote: yeah, everything else seems to cast a shadow somewhere on the figure, but not the glasses.^

Ooh thanks for pointing that out, fixed it now

The Art of Fredskov

Response to The Art of Fredskov 2014-06-27 15:17:58

Glasses almost always has a part sticking out of the sides that connects the part that goes over the ear, and most glasses have pads for the nose as well. I think adding those could help create a sense of the glasses resting on his nose rather than being slapped to his face, as I think it looks like now.

Additionally the glasses are very in contrast to the rest of the drawing, for instance it's the only thing with straight, black outlines. The perfectly parallel circles and straight lines going to the back is also making it look flat. You could probably get away with removing the lines, and rely on shading to suggest form

The Art of Fredskov

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Fredskov 2014-06-28 01:27:55

At 6/27/14 03:17 PM, Havegum wrote: Glasses almost always has a part sticking out of the sides that connects the part that goes over the ear, and most glasses have pads for the nose as well. I think adding those could help create a sense of the glasses resting on his nose rather than being slapped to his face, as I think it looks like now.

Additionally the glasses are very in contrast to the rest of the drawing, for instance it's the only thing with straight, black outlines. The perfectly parallel circles and straight lines going to the back is also making it look flat. You could probably get away with removing the lines, and rely on shading to suggest form

I've added the little pads, for which i honestly didn't give a thought when i drew it initially. Additionally i've added a few more cast shadows here n there that i felt was missing. Most notably in the ear to increase the contrast to the rest of the head.