00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gaffi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Does my Art suck?

1,126 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Does my Art suck? 2014-06-25 05:04:40

It seems that way since i haven't been scouted yet but people like THIS have.
Here's some of my work...... and no, I'm not asking to be scouted.

Does my Art suck?

Response to Does my Art suck? 2014-06-25 05:59:26

At 6/25/14 05:04 AM, ThaFallenOne wrote: It seems that way since i haven't been scouted yet but people like THIS have.

Don't go that route. First off, nobody has to scout you, just because there might be mediocre art in the portal. Secondly, his art is for the most part still better than yours in many relevant aspects, such as lineart, colors, shading and anatomy.

You're "hinting" towards being scouted which is hardly any better. If you really care about improving and getting scouted eventually, you should consider making a personal showcase thread, receive feedback and use it to get better gradually.

As for this pic, the lighting on the character makes no sense. The anatomy on the face seems ok, unlike most of the other women and faces you drew for other pics, which all lack proper anatomy. Rather than using a gradient for the hair you could look up some tutorials on hair and try to apply it. This is a relatively popular one on dA: http://rueme.deviantart.com/art/Hair-Tutorial-108335129
The buildings with the lit windows in the background, don't make sense. The second floor windows are too big relatively or the floor is too small for a person to live in it (or both).

Sorry, I don't want to appear rude, I just hope some honest critique will help you more than acting like everything is ok, thus leaving you even more confused why you haven't been scouted yet.

One more thing, if you decide to make a personal art thread, just try to leave the scouting topic out altogether.

Either way, good luck with it.

BBS Signature

Response to Does my Art suck? 2014-06-25 06:18:23

At 6/25/14 05:04 AM, ThaFallenOne wrote: Does my Art suck?
It seems that way since i haven't been scouted yet but people like THIS have.

Do you think GraphicZomgs art sucks that bad?

All I can say is be more efficient and concentrated with your studies, and you'll get visible results over time. It looks like your main subjects are humans, so I'll recommend what I'm doing myself to get better at drawing humans: gesture drawings!

The idea is to get as accurate as you can in the little time you have. The class mode eases from 30 second sketches, to longer intervals, allowing more refined drawings. Grab some paper and a pencil and fill a page every day. If you prefer drawing on a tablet that's okay too, just keep it grayscale. Keep focus and concentrate during the sessions. I'm confident you'll see improvement if you keep at it every day for a week or two!

BBS Signature

Response to Does my Art suck? 2014-06-25 07:58:48

At 6/25/14 05:04 AM, ThaFallenOne wrote: It seems that way since i haven't been scouted yet but people like THIS have.

you posted on anouther persons thread with a picture of yours and a 'but i havnt been scouted yet dont know why'
and now this thread, all this does is solidfy our choice to not scout you, when someone scouts anouther they are putting their own abilitys to post art to the portal on the line, and deciding that person isnt going to post garbage or break the rules. if you get removed. so do they for scouting you.. and for this reason alot of lesser works will get looked over simply because people dont want to risk it on you.
simply put. be patient and keep an active presence on the forums or your own art thread without going 'i would love to be scouted! i havnt been scouted! but but im not asking to be scouted i just want you to know im not scouted and would love to be scouted but im not asking' <- because despite yours not being worded that way.. its essentially what you're saying and you my aswell be asking to be scouted.

to your artwork, practice! because yes your artwork is very amatuerish (sucks) as is a lot of us here at newgrounds, but practice and you will improve.
, you have 1 image where your thumbnail is just boobs, and thats cool if thats the audience your trying to impress, but if you do that, then show that younger audience a clothed lady you'll get low ratings guarentee

Response to Does my Art suck? 2014-06-25 16:38:33

After looking at your gallery I can see why you are not scouted. I would scout GraphicZomgs over you.

Response to Does my Art suck? 2014-06-26 02:40:37

from what i seen, you are shy from proportion , u leave out an eye, or u do actually mess up on proportion, and from that pic u posted, i think its okay, but its obviously shy( cuz hiding) Just observations,

Just work on proportion, youtube skeletal structure /body figure / w/e helps + proportion

Response to Does my Art suck? 2014-06-26 04:41:26

It doesn't if your mind is in the right place. Let me explain. If you have a bad mentality towards your art, it will suck. Don't think of your art as bad, think of it as something that can be improved and work your way up. That's what I'm doing.

Response to Does my Art suck? 2014-06-26 14:26:37

Sorry about putting that user in the link but he was being a dushe to me so i figured "why not" if his art isnt that good.

Response to Does my Art suck? 2014-06-26 14:28:17

At 6/26/14 02:40 AM, MetalWings wrote: from what i seen, you are shy from proportion , u leave out an eye, or u do actually mess up on proportion, and from that pic u posted, i think its okay, but its obviously shy( cuz hiding) Just observations,

Just work on proportion, youtube skeletal structure /body figure / w/e helps + proportion

thanks

Response to Does my Art suck? 2014-06-26 15:54:01

At 6/26/14 02:26 PM, ThaFallenOne wrote: so i figured "why not" if his art isnt that good.

because that makes you look like a petty douche

Response to Does my Art suck? 2014-06-26 16:09:21

I wouldn't worry about getting scouted. Rather, try taking constructive criticism with a positive attitude and apply what you learn to your art. If you get scouted, it will be a result of furthering your efforts as an artist. The worst thing you can do is open yourself up to criticism by asking if you suck with no intention of using any of it.

I wish you the best of luck.

Response to Does my Art suck? 2014-06-26 16:24:35

Like others have said there's definitely some issues, I'd say the most noticeable being the lighting and hair. Her eyebrow is sort of weird looking considering how much detail you put into the eye itself. I do like the colors though

Response to Does my Art suck? 2014-06-30 09:05:38

From experience it's normal for artist to feel like his art sucks because you are your own worst critic or something like that. I have been drawing for past 4 years and i still think some of my art suck. The more you will draw the more satisfied you will be with your work.