00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Almost-Ichabod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artist for a remix

959 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Artist for a remix 2014-06-19 02:08:47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sB_24VwEY4 this song and possibly the game itself have gone unremixed and thus i feel that this song needs remixed it's very upbeat and is possibly one of the better nes songs out there. I was hoping some1 could do a remix of it but i am sure that it does in fact deserve a remix other than that snoop dogg "smoke everyday parody of the song... only post here if u intend to remix it ok?

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-19 02:41:08

Is there any particular reason you want someone to remix it?

For your own enjoyment? Is there some kind of incentive?

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-19 14:46:16

It's pretty unclear what you want here. What kind of remix are you looking for?

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-20 11:55:43

I'm looking for a rock/metal version to be made as well as one along the line of electronic metal...

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-21 19:31:08

At 6/20/14 03:18 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 6/20/14 11:55 AM, ichinzen wrote: I'm looking for a rock/metal version to be made as well as one along the line of electronic metal...
hmm It's been a while since I've seen someone request a remix for a song..

to be honest i wanted total distortion's game over theme remastered but it seems that's not gonna happen. i have no idea what instruments would be best for the remastering of that song... You gotta admit it's the most creative game over theme out there.

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-21 19:39:44

At 6/19/14 02:41 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Is there any particular reason you want someone to remix it?

for incentive i suppose being the first person to make a proper remix of a batman returns (for the nes) song. though the snoopman returns is the first remix, it was made more as a ytp than a legitimate remix/remaster. I'm pretty sure everyone would enjoy a remix of this song not just me. It's upbeat and somewhat catchy and thus it deserves a proper remix/remastering.

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-21 19:43:38

At 6/21/14 07:39 PM, ichinzen wrote:
At 6/19/14 02:41 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Is there any particular reason you want someone to remix it?

for incentive i suppose being the first person to make a proper remix of a batman returns (for the nes) song. though the snoopman returns is the first remix, it was made more as a ytp than a legitimate remix/remaster. I'm pretty sure everyone would enjoy a remix of this song not just me. It's upbeat and somewhat catchy and thus it deserves a proper remix/remastering.

I'm not sure that's really incentive.

Music takes a lot of time and effort to make... and most people would rather be working on their own stuff than remixing stuff for someone "just because people might enjoy it".

2 cents.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-21 21:09:49

At 6/21/14 07:43 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 6/21/14 07:39 PM, ichinzen wrote:

I'm not sure that's really incentive.

Music takes a lot of time and effort to make... and most people would rather be working on their own stuff than remixing stuff for someone "just because people might enjoy it".

2 cents.

true it does take time and effort but isn't it the musician's job to make music that ppl might enjoy after all it wont sell if ppl dont enjoy it and here on ng worthless things get blammed or am i mistaken about the latter part

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-21 22:48:55

At 6/21/14 09:09 PM, ichinzen wrote: true it does take time and effort but isn't it the musician's job to make music that ppl might enjoy after all it wont sell if ppl dont enjoy it and here on ng worthless things get blammed or am i mistaken about the latter part

It isn't a musicians job to do anything... It's a hobby for most people, not a career. The vast majority of us make music because we enjoy making music, not because we're obligated to please people. As such, most people would rather work on things they personally enjoy, instead of spending hours making something that gains them nothing.

Also, I'm not sure what blamming has to do with anything, if it's a remix, it wouldn't be allowed to be uploaded here in the first place, as we do not allow copyrighted audio. Which inherently means pretty much no remixes (Unless you're remixing something by another artist here on NG).

Just saying, these kinds of threads very rarely get any attention... Because there's really nothing to gain, but tons of time to lose, working on something for someone who wants it done "just because".

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-23 05:07:08

At 6/21/14 10:48 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 6/21/14 09:09 PM, ichinzen wrote: true it does take time and effort but isn't it the musician's job to make music that ppl might enjoy after all it wont sell if ppl dont enjoy it and here on ng worthless things get blammed or am i mistaken about the latter part
It isn't a musicians job to do anything... It's a hobby for most people, not a career. The vast majority of us make music because we enjoy making music, not because we're obligated to please people. As such, most people would rather work on things they personally enjoy, instead of spending hours making something that gains them nothing.

Also, I'm not sure what blamming has to do with anything, if it's a remix, it wouldn't be allowed to be uploaded here in the first place, as we do not allow copyrighted audio. Which inherently means pretty much no remixes (Unless you're remixing something by another artist here on NG).

Just saying, these kinds of threads very rarely get any attention... Because there's really nothing to gain, but tons of time to lose, working on something for someone who wants it done "just because".

i've seen plenty of remixed vg music on ng before so i dont see where copyright would prevent it especially when said material is out of date and no longer in circulation, plus bringing up copyright on a remix of a song wouldn't work as it is transformative and thus a part of fair use. That's about as far as my understanding of fair use is, and it's not like theyre making a profit either.

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-23 05:23:13

At 6/23/14 05:07 AM, ichinzen wrote: i've seen plenty of remixed vg music on ng before so i dont see where copyright would prevent it especially when said material is out of date and no longer in circulation, plus bringing up copyright on a remix of a song wouldn't work as it is transformative and thus a part of fair use. That's about as far as my understanding of fair use is, and it's not like theyre making a profit either.

Fair use doesn't fly here on Newgrounds. Newgrounds has it's own terms of service, and part of that is that absolutely no copyrighted material may be used, regardless of if it counts as "fair use" or not.

As for the remixes using copyrighted samples, we remove them as we find them, because they go against the terms of service of this site.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-25 15:02:29

At 6/23/14 05:23 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 6/23/14 05:07 AM, ichinzen wrote: i've seen plenty of remixed vg music on ng before so i dont see where copyright would prevent it especially when said material is out of date and no longer in circulation, plus bringing up copyright on a remix of a song wouldn't work as it is transformative and thus a part of fair use. That's about as far as my understanding of fair use is, and it's not like theyre making a profit either.
Fair use doesn't fly here on Newgrounds. Newgrounds has it's own terms of service, and part of that is that absolutely no copyrighted material may be used, regardless of if it counts as "fair use" or not.

As for the remixes using copyrighted samples, we remove them as we find them, because they go against the terms of service of this site.

and if the copyright has expired on said material then it's ok? personally i dont think the vg music is copyrighted just the characters and gameplay assuming it's unique...

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-25 15:06:39

At 6/25/14 03:02 PM, ichinzen wrote: personally i dont think the vg music is copyrighted

Then you are mistaken. Music is protected by copyright as well.

Also, copyrights do not expire for something like 70 years. Video games haven't been around for 70 years, therefore their copyrights will not have expired.

Regardless of this... things where the copyrights have expired are often snagged up by corporations, such as classical music.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Artist for a remix 2014-06-25 17:25:29

At 6/25/14 03:06 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 6/25/14 03:02 PM, ichinzen wrote: personally i dont think the vg music is copyrighted
Then you are mistaken. Music is protected by copyright as well.

Also, copyrights do not expire for something like 70 years. Video games haven't been around for 70 years, therefore their copyrights will not have expired.

Regardless of this... things where the copyrights have expired are often snagged up by corporations, such as classical music.

It's doubtful that corporations would snag those bgms up seeing how they're not that good. Total distortion's game over theme might be used though. and i thought copyrights expired after 65 years not 70